Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jim Boeheim killed a pedestrian driving

+8
By-Tor
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
I.B. Fine
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
WhiteBoyHatcher
12 posters

Go down

Jim Boeheim killed a pedestrian driving Empty Jim Boeheim killed a pedestrian driving

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-02-21, 11:34

Nigel posted it in the CBB thread but holy shit, it deserves its own thread.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26045948/syracuse-jim-boeheim-involved-fatal-car-accident
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Jim Boeheim killed a pedestrian driving Empty Re: Jim Boeheim killed a pedestrian driving

Post by DWags 2019-02-21, 11:36

My God. RIP horrible news.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Jim Boeheim killed a pedestrian driving Empty Re: Jim Boeheim killed a pedestrian driving

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-21, 11:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nigel posted it in the CBB thread but holy shit, it deserves its own thread.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26045948/syracuse-jim-boeheim-involved-fatal-car-accident
holy hell - I just watched them run Louisville out of the Carrier Dome last night.

man, that's a horrible story. Glad he passed the field sobriety test.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-21, 11:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Nigel posted it in the CBB thread but holy shit, it deserves its own thread.

My big question is how fast was he driving? I can confirm last night at that time there was a major ice storm where I lived. Also, last Sunday there was a huge snow storm and on I-84 cars were moving at a crawl. Very unfortunate and sad news all around.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-21, 11:40

"County District Attorney Bill Fitzpatrick said Boeheim was traveling at the proper speed for the highway."

Just saw this part. Yep, very tragic news.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-02-21, 11:42

Wait for the investigation, but for the love of God, don't wander on an interstate, especially in the dark.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-02-21, 11:47

Have a few acquaintances who are members of the MSP and county sheriff deputies who all say unless you see fire you are safer to remain and wait for a in the vehicle than get out like this victim did.

Goes against what we think but when we are on foot most of us underestimate how quickly a car or truck going 45+ is coming at us.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-02-21, 12:26

Lesson. If there's a car stopped in the middle of the highway on a stormy night, slow the fuck down and watch the fuck out for idiots wandering around.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2019-02-21, 18:48

What was the pedestrian driving?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-02-21, 19:14

steveschneider wrote:"County District Attorney Bill Fitzpatrick said Boeheim was traveling at the proper speed for the highway."

Just saw this part. Yep, very tragic news.

Syracuse grad....juuuuuust saying....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-02-21, 19:21

Rocinante wrote:Lesson. If there's a car stopped in the middle of the highway on a stormy night, slow the fuck down and watch the fuck out for idiots wandering around.

Meh, I'm gonna have a hard time sitting in a car thats perpendicular to traffic taking up two lanes on the other side of a hill. I'm outta there, frankly. Sounds like that's what all four occupants were doing.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-21, 20:12

Will wait for the investigation, but it’s possible the victim was in a post accident daze and didn’t realize the risk he’d put himself in. Horrible story all around. Very sad.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-21, 20:15

By-Tor wrote:What was the pedestrian driving?

I was confused too
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-21, 20:16

kingstonlake wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Lesson.  If there's a car stopped in the middle of the highway on a stormy night, slow the fuck down and watch the fuck out for idiots wandering around.

Meh, I'm gonna have a hard time sitting in a motionless steel cage thats perpendicular to traffic taking up two lanes on the other side of a hill. I'm outta there, frankly. Sounds like that's what all four occupants were doing.

Fixed that for you
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-02-21, 22:23

Apparently there were four people in the car that he swerved to miss and all were vacating the vehicle. So obviously there were witnesses.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-02-21, 22:25

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Meh, I'm gonna have a hard time sitting in a motionless steel cage thats perpendicular to traffic taking up two lanes on the other side of a hill. I'm outta there, frankly. Sounds like that's what all four occupants were doing.

Fixed that for you

I'm getting out of that car in that scenario 100% of the time.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-21, 22:37

kingstonlake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Fixed that for you

I'm getting out of that car in that scenario 100% of the time.

My neighbor killed a young man who stayed in the car about 18 years ago. Rear ended him. All four kids were hurt in varying degrees.

Get out of your car to a safe place ASAP. Turn your signals on call 911.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-21, 22:46

Man I dunno. I think there are varying situations as to whether it’s a good idea to get out of the car or not. It’s not a 100% of the time do this or 100% of the time do that.

Fog is probably #1 for me that would make me say take your chances in the car. Ice is bad, but if they can see a problem coming for a mile you’d probably be okay. Ice at night is a tough decision I suppose. Hope I don’t have to make it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-21, 22:49

Keeping in mind that if the car can’t see you coming, you maybe can’t see the car coming either so you can’t just look back and say “oh it’s fine.”

That’s not even factoring for drunk or texting idiots. Or boomers with reduced eye vision that haven’t accepted it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-21, 23:10

I’m not staying in the car unless it’s surrounded by zombies.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-21, 23:14

For the record we’re in a thread where a guy died because he got out of the car and he perhaps wouldn’t have if he stayed in it just so we have all the chips on the table early on into this 4 way dick dance.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-02-21, 23:15

tGreenWay wrote:I’m not staying in the car unless it’s surrounded by zombies.

What about a Sharknado?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-02-21, 23:20

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:For the record we’re in a thread where a guy died because he got out of the car and he perhaps wouldn’t have if he stayed in it just so we have all the chips on the table early on into this 4 way dick dance.

Yeah you need to scout out a safe place and get there at the proper break. Getting out at night and walking in traffic is not good. You wait and run to a safe spot. If you can’t, stay buckled and pray.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-02-21, 23:26

It'll be interesting to hear from the other the people. Based on what they saw and how JB's car was being driven they may try to get his cell phone records. I'm sure he drives a high end rig that will pinpoint the time of impact. That cell phone better not show it was being used.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-21, 23:27

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I’m not staying in the car unless it’s surrounded by zombies.

What about a Sharknado?

I’ll take my chances with a Sharknado. I’ll need to think about what I’d do in response to an atomic tornado.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-21, 23:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:For the record we’re in a thread where a guy died because he got out of the car and he perhaps wouldn’t have if he stayed in it just so we have all the chips on the table early on into this 4 way dick dance.

My dick don’t dance. Just ask my wife.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2019-02-22, 02:00

Wow, now Jim Boheim has killed as many people as Brian Kelly.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-22, 07:18

I’m curious what the weather conditions were out there. It was such a major ice storm here that night. I could hear our house getting pelted with freezing rain and There’s no way I would have been out driving unless I had to due to an emergency situation. Our driveway was a sheet of ice and our trees were coated in ice. The Max speed I would have driven in that weather would have been 5mph.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down