Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not a great week for Nike and their shoe division

+5
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
9 posters

Go down

Not a great week for Nike and their shoe division Empty Not a great week for Nike and their shoe division

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-02-22, 10:36

Last full week of February has made for a disappointing month for Nike and especially for their shoe division.

Their stock took a hit for a bit more than 1% which means the company lost net worth over a billion dollars.

The breakthrough self-lacing shoes that retail for $350 had a firmware glitch that makes them fancy bricks or door stops and Zion Williamson's Nike PG 2.5 left shoe blew out on a nationally televised game and repeated who knows how many times on social media.

Wonder long between Williamson's shoe failure at about 6:15 PST in Beaverton OR and the first calls to quality control to the plant that makes the PG 2.5 took?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/nike-stock-zion-williamson-injury

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2019-02-22, 11:12; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Not a great week for Nike and their shoe division Empty Re: Not a great week for Nike and their shoe division

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-22, 10:38

sounds like a 6 year old Honduran kid might be looking for a new line of work when Zion's shoe is traced back to his/her work station.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Not a great week for Nike and their shoe division Empty Re: Not a great week for Nike and their shoe division

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-22, 10:42

I jog a lot. I bought a pair of nike running shoes recently and I think they are horrible. Went right back to my Asics.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-22, 10:48

steveschneider wrote:I jog a lot. I bought a pair of nike running shoes recently and I think they are horrible. Went right back to my Asics.
been running for 35 years - the last, probably, 30 pairs of running shoes I've worn are Brooks.

Never had a Nike running shoe, though a lot of my running gear (jackets, tights, etc) are Nike.

when it comes to shoes, as it relates to biomechanics, comfort, function and performance, it's all about personal preference.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-02-22, 10:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I jog a lot. I bought a pair of nike running shoes recently and I think they are horrible. Went right back to my Asics.
been running for 35 years - the last, probably, 30 pairs of running shoes I've worn are Brooks.

Never had a Nike running shoe, though a lot of my running gear (jackets, tights, etc) are Nike.

when it comes to shoes, as it relates to biomechanics, comfort, function and performance, it's all about personal preference.

Yeah, regarding the clothing I have so many different brands Nike/Adidas/Asics/NB...I always just grab what is on sale.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-02-22, 11:34

I saw Bob running in a pair of Air Mags.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-22, 11:36

GRR Spartan wrote:Last full week of February has made for a disappointing month for Nike and especially for their shoe division.

Their stock took a hit for a bit more than 1% which means the company lost net worth over a billion dollars.

The breakthrough self-lacing shoes that retail for $350 had a firmware glitch that makes them fancy bricks or door stops and Zion Williamson's Nike PG 2.5 left shoe blew out on a nationally televised game and repeated who knows how many times on social media.

Wonder long between Williamson's shoe failure at about 6:15 PST in Beaverton OR and the first calls to quality control to the plant that makes the PG 2.5 took?

Their stock is up 1.18% today.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-02-22, 11:40

Nike shoes are horribly cheap. Don't last. Kids can't get through a season of XC in Nike shoes.

Asics, Saucony, New Balance all seem like they hold up better then Nikes.

Heck, one of the kids on the JV basketball team just had a Nike "jell pack" or something in the sole blow out with 2 weeks to go in the season. His mom wasn't happy. New pair for like 3 games.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-22, 13:28

When you make unholy alliances this is what happens.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-02-22, 13:33

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Last full week of February has made for a disappointing month for Nike and especially for their shoe division.

Their stock is up 1.18% today.
that's good to hear.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-02-22, 13:35

I wear the PG1 when I play basketball - works for me and pretty comfortable, but I am also not 6 7 284 lb.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-02-22, 13:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I wear the PG1 when I play basketball - works for me and pretty comfortable, but I am also not 6 7 284 lb.

Well, at least you aren't 6'7".
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-22, 19:06

Update, just for funs- Nike’s stock is officially down 0.118% since close of business Wednesday (the injury happened Wednesday night) going from $84.86 a share to closing today at $84.76 a share.

In other words... people should sometimes slow down with their “omg did you see what their stock did today it’s because of that thing!” Articles from time to time.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-02-22, 19:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Update, just for funs- Nike’s stock is officially down 0.118% since close of business Wednesday (the injury happened Wednesday night) going from $84.86 a share to closing today at $84.76 a share.

In other words... people should sometimes slow down with their “omg did you see what their stock did today it’s because of that thing!” Articles from time to time.

Talking out of your ass again. That’s a massive loss and everybody should sell before the company folds.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-02-22, 19:38

Travis was offended by a truthful post?
No where did anyone imply a Nike collapse. The company has a track record of getting things right more often than not but the bad firmware release followed by the very public failure of the PG 2.5 has got noses to the grindstone.

If you want PG 2.5’s and are willing to wait for the old stock to sell out the same model in a few months will be one helluva shoe. Don’t let anyone kid you, Nike knows what happened to the shoe on Wlliamson’s left foot was a huge deal for players, Nike coaches (like Izzo) and team trainers.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-02-22, 19:44

GRR Spartan wrote:Travis was offended by a truthful post?
No where did anyone imply a Nike collapse. The company has a track record of getting things right more often than not but the bad firmware release followed by the very public failure of the PG 2.5 has got noses to the grindstone.

If you want PG 2.5’s and are willing to wait for the old stock to sell out the same model in a few months will be one helluva shoe. Don’t let anyone kid you, Nike knows what happened to the shoe on Wlliamson’s left foot was a huge deal for players, Nike coaches (like Izzo) and team trainers.

No. I think your comment about their stock price was silly and reactionary though, especially since you didn’t stop to check what it had already done this morning *when you made the post based on an article written before the market opened* at which point they had already made up most of their losses.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down