Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones - Final Season

+23
tGreenWay
NWSpartan
Clarett's Folly
I.B. Fine
CORNER BLITZ
Death Roe
DWags
pulling69
Tim Wakefield
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
tTito
InTenSity
StylesGShmooth
Travis of the Cosmos
Nordic
AvgMSUJoe
WhiteBoyHatcher
MiamiSpartan
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
27 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 12 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - Final Season

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-20, 09:29

I actually really liked it. I mean if you put the other five episodes aside and just accept that we are where we are and we have to go somewhere with it, I liked it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 12 Empty Re: Game of Thrones - Final Season

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-20, 10:40

I was surprised watching in the moment when he shanked her. I was not expecting that. The rest of it was pretty boring. Definitely would have liked to have seen what happened with Jon afterwards. Seems like Greyjoy would have had the Unsullied take him out for sure. Made little sense.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-20, 10:49

I kept looking at the time left in the episode and thinking that he had to kill her. There wasn’t time for anything else. Also, yeah, they never stablished the relationship between Danerys and Jon, so it just didn’t feel like anything.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-20, 10:54

The dumbass who stood up at the meeting and started lobbying to be king was pretty funny. Stansa's sit down and STFU moment.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-05-20, 12:52

I didn’t hate it, but didn’t love it. It worked I suppose. The whole 3 eyed raven thing still just didn’t make sense to me. Oh well. I should pick the books back up and get the whole story
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-20, 13:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:The dumbass who stood up at the meeting and started lobbying to be king was pretty funny. Stansa's sit down and STFU moment.
When he started talking like he had any authority, I was thinking, "Wasn't this guy the little bitch relative that the Starks would shit on and forced to marry one of Frey's ugly ass daughters"? Then Sansa confirmed that I remembered him right.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-20, 13:18

Is the board fixed now? There was some funny shit going on.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-05-20, 13:20

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:The dumbass who stood up at the meeting and started lobbying to be king was pretty funny. Stansa's sit down and STFU moment.
When he started talking like he had any authority, I was thinking, "Wasn't this guy the little bitch relative that the Starks would shit on and forced to marry one of Frey's ugly ass daughters"? Then Sansa confirmed that I remembered him right.

Ha, I didn't even remember the guy at all.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-20, 13:23

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Fuck the throne at all. For thousands of years the Seven Kingdoms has been ruled by dictatorships at the local and Westeros level and what has it gotten them. War, poverty, etc.  Take that thrown outside and have the dragon melt that fucker.  All this shit with Tyrion and Varys talking about who would be better.  Yeah, let's have the elite of the elite tell us who is better for the average person. Sure, Varys says he wants what is best for the average person, and while he may have grown up poor, he can't possibly speak for millions.  A benevolent dictator is a dictator nonetheless.  

Besides, even if they did get a ruler who truly does what is best for all the people, that is just one reign and offers no guarantees about their successors.  As long as the leader is decided by who their mom/dad was, or even by a small group of the utmost elites, it's fucked.  In questions of power, let no more be heard of confidence in man (or woman), but bind him down from mischief by the chains of a constitution.
I nailed a couple of these (except for my typo on "throne"), and I wasn't even trying to predict anything, but rather just expressing my own feelings of the weird aspect of "rooting" for someone to be a dictator.  As I said, though, it's still fucked if they have a small group of elites decide who the king is.  But then again, won't Bran live for thousands of years as the three-eyed raven (or at least didn't the other three-eyed raven dude live exceptionally long)?   So maybe it's a moot point about the next king.

Overall, I'm good with how every major character's story arcs ended, and seemed pretty just.  Even Jon, who kind of felt that he was being punished, is really going to the place that he will be most happy.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-20, 13:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Is the board fixed now? There was some funny shit going on.
I'm assuming there are a ton of posts from last night that are gone. A couple of them I saw in posts that people quoted that did survive.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2019-05-20, 13:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:The Night King being a complete glass cannon is the most unforgivable thing about this show.

So many fan theories that would have been cool to add. Bran leaving and having an eye change color would have been a solid cliffhanger

The series is going to end with someone's eyes lighting up blue. Watch.
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-20, 23:06

You know, one thing I was thinking about is all of the times people have answered “this is all rushed” with “do you really need 7 episodes of armies marching?” This season, if nothing else, showed that the answer was unequivocally, undoubtedly, yes, we do.

Was anyone really like “omg Jon killed Dani that’s so sad?” Not really. You were when Ygritte died though. Why? Because they spent 2 seasons traipsing through the woods seemingly pointlessly at times. It’s all of that background and dialogue that made the moment it all ended strong, without it it’s just like “oh yeah Jon killed Dani cool cool guess I didn’t expect him to do it right at that moment, kinda figured he’d get around to it though.”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-20, 23:25

I agree with that.

There are some fucked up theories out there about the whole thing being a Bran setup. I say nope.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-21, 08:06

I’m not one for memes but this one made me curfuffle

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 12 76cf8610
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-21, 10:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You know, one thing I was thinking about is all of the times people have answered “this is all rushed” with “do you really need 7 episodes of armies marching?” This season, if nothing else, showed that the answer was unequivocally, undoubtedly, yes, we do.

Was anyone really like “omg Jon killed Dani that’s so sad?” Not really. You were when Ygritte died though. Why? Because they spent 2 seasons traipsing through the woods seemingly pointlessly at times. It’s all of that background and dialogue that made the moment it all ended strong, without it it’s just like “oh yeah Jon killed Dani cool cool guess I didn’t expect him to do it right at that moment, kinda figured he’d get around to it though.”
Or, as I've said before, maybe because it's his fucking aunt. And she's a psycho by that time. Neither of the same things could be said about the other chick, though to be honest, I didn't care all that much about Jon's relationship with the wildling either. But they could have spent all 8 seasons on the Dany/Jon love story, and I wouldn't have felt for it, or felt bad that he killed her.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-21, 12:15

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:You know, one thing I was thinking about is all of the times people have answered “this is all rushed” with “do you really need 7 episodes of armies marching?” This season, if nothing else, showed that the answer was unequivocally, undoubtedly, yes, we do.

Or, as I've said before, maybe because it's his fucking aunt. And she's a psycho by that time. Neither of the same things could be said about the other chick, though to be honest, I didn't care all that much about Jon's relationship with the wildling either. But they could have spent all 8 seasons on the Dany/Jon love story, and I wouldn't have felt for it, or felt bad that he killed her.

That can apply to any number of things Miami. Brienne and Jamie for one, what the hell bran was doing the entire time for two, grey worm and Jon for three... any number of others.

Hell, “fucking his aunt” cop out for 4. That didn’t even really land more than “oh yeah I guess she’s his aunt. Heh. Gross.” for exactly the same reason. That could have landed with a little bit more exposition instead of the 15 minutes between “were fucking now” and “he’s a Targaryen” and that could have been achieved by showing the couple of weeks they spent on the boat between seasons instead of fast traveling. Even though it’s not the most exciting and watching Arya on the road to the wall grow a relationship with hot pie for a season gets tiresome, it turns out it actually is pretty important to see that, especially in retrospect.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-21, 12:23

Incest is everywhere in thrones. Not buying the aunt deal either.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-21, 12:28

If my aunt were hot and young I'd totally fuck her.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-21, 12:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If my aunt were hot and young I'd totally fuck her.

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 12 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-21, 13:08

We still talking about this show?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-21, 14:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

That can apply to any number of things Miami. Brienne and Jamie for one, what the hell bran was doing the entire time for two, grey worm and Jon for three... any number of others.

Hell, “fucking his aunt” cop out for 4. That didn’t even really land more than “oh yeah I guess she’s his aunt. Heh. Gross.” for exactly the same reason. That could have landed with a little bit more exposition instead of the 15 minutes between “were fucking now” and “he’s a Targaryen” and that could have been achieved by showing the couple of weeks they spent on the boat between seasons instead of fast traveling. Even though it’s not the most exciting and watching Arya on the road to the wall grow a relationship with hot pie for a season gets tiresome, it turns out it actually is pretty important to see that, especially in retrospect.
What can apply to those things? I'm not sure what you're referring to about my post with references to Brienne/Jamie, Bran, or Jon/Greyworm.

I'm also not sure what is a cop out about him fucking his aunt. He was. And as I'm not down with incest personally, I had trouble feeling anything about their relationship, no matter how much time they would have spent on it. Additionally, no matter how much time they spent on their relationship, I can't see myself feeling sad about him killing her after her murder of tens of thousands of innocent people. What am I copping out on?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-21, 14:28

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Incest is everywhere in thrones. Not buying the aunt deal either.
What aren't you buying? My opinion? I can assure you that I'm not lying about the fact that I don't think I could have ever really cared for their relationship.

Yes, there are others engaged in incest, and they aren't looked upon fondly in the show. In fact, it's portrayed pretty negatively. I can only speak for myself, but I didn't feel anything for Cersei and Jamie's relationship. It all seemed pretty fucked up.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-05-21, 14:44

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I’m not one for memes but this one made me curfuffle

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 12 76cf8610

Ugh. I really hate that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-05-21, 23:37

MiamiSpartan wrote:

What can apply to those things? I'm not sure what you're referring to about my post with references to Brienne/Jamie, Bran, or Jon/Greyworm.

I'm also not sure what is a cop out about him fucking his aunt. He was. And as I'm not down with incest personally, I had trouble feeling anything about their relationship, no matter how much time they would have spent on it. Additionally, no matter how much time they spent on their relationship, I can't see myself feeling sad about him killing her after her murder of tens of thousands of innocent people. What am I copping out on?

The need for exposition applies to all sorts of problems, including all of those things. The need to not rush things along and spend some time talking about shit in a, seemingly at the time but not really, boring way.

The cop out is “oh I didn’t care because he was fucking his aunt” but you didn’t care when you found out that he was fucking his aunt either. You probably should have felt something when either a) you found out a main character was fucking his main character aunt. Or b) when a main character killed his main character aunt. But you didn’t. At least not in the way that you felt other stories in previous seasons. This time it was just information. Why? Because their relationship amounted to boning on a boat and a frolic in front of dragons and finding out they were I guess dna related and that’s it. There was just no second of actual care. And the reason that there was no second of care was because their relationship was about 3 minutes of screentime, give or take a brooding glance. It needed a full season of them just kind of dicking around, like we had in the past that made people like the show in the first place, instead of just moving from battle to battle and assuming that we all were all into this love story too, but we weren’t.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-22, 10:15

MiamiSpartan wrote:
What can apply to those things?  I'm not sure what you're referring to about my post with references to Brienne/Jamie, Bran, or Jon/Greyworm.  

I'm also not sure what is a cop out about him fucking his aunt.  He was.  And as I'm not down with incest personally, I had trouble feeling anything about their relationship, no matter how much time they would have spent on it.  Additionally, no matter how much time they spent on their relationship, I can't see myself feeling sad about him killing her after her murder of tens of thousands of innocent people.  What am I copping out on?

The need for exposition applies to all sorts of problems, including all of those things. The need to not rush things along and spend some time talking about shit in a, seemingly at the time but not really, boring way.

The cop out is “oh I didn’t care because he was fucking his aunt” but you didn’t care when you found out that he was fucking his aunt either. You probably should have felt something when either a) you found out a main character was fucking his main character aunt. Or b) when a main character killed his main character aunt. But you didn’t. At least not in the way that you felt other stories in previous seasons. This time it was just information. Why? Because their relationship amounted to boning on a boat and a frolic in front of dragons and finding out they were I guess dna related and that’s it. There was just no second of actual care. And the reason that there was no second of care was because their relationship was about 3 minutes of screentime, give or take a brooding glance. It needed a full season of them just kind of dicking around, like we had in the past that made people like the show in the first place, instead of just moving from battle to battle and assuming that we all were all into this love story too, but we weren’t.
Ahh, ok, so you're telling me that if they had spent a whole season, or two seasons, or 8 seasons, building their relationship, then I would have felt something for their relationship?  That I wouldn't have thought their relationship was fucked up because they're related?  That I would have felt sad when he killed her even though she was a brutal murderer of tens of thousands of people (or more), with tens of thousands of more likely to be in her path in the future?  Cool, thanks for your insight on my feelings.  I don't think I would have felt that their relationship was less fucked up, or at all sad that he killed her, no matter how much time they spent on it, but you know my feelings better than me.

That's not at all to say that it wouldn't have been better with more time spent on that, more episodes, more seasons.  Of course, it would.  But they didn't have more seasons and episodes.  It wasn't an option, so it seems kind of silly complaining about it.  But then, I also think it is silly to get worked up over a TV show (not necessarily saying you are, but a lot of people are unhealthily so).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-22, 10:24

What’s next? Are people going to get worked up over sports? Crazy times we live in.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-22, 11:17

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What’s next? Are people going to get worked up over sports? Crazy times we live in.
I'm sorry that my opinion differs from yours, OTPT.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-22, 12:56

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:What’s next? Are people going to get worked up over sports? Crazy times we live in.

No need to apologize, I’m not even sure which opinion you’re talking about. Peace and love Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 12 969504605
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-22, 13:28

I thought it was the best 82 minutes of television I've ever watched. It was completely scintillating. I laughed, I cried, I masturbated (twice). What a thrilling culmination of cinematic brilliance.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-22, 13:51

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I thought it was the best 82 minutes of television I've ever watched. It was completely scintillating. I laughed, I cried, I masturbated (twice). What a thrilling culmination of cinematic brilliance.

Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 12 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-22, 14:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

No need to apologize, I’m not even sure which opinion you’re talking about. Peace and love Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 12 969504605
The opinion you were replying to.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-22, 15:03

I thought the first half of episode was really good it had a lot of tension. Second half was pretty meh, but an expected meh. The tribal council meeting was awkward.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-05-22, 16:35

It was honestly the worst 82 minutes of my life. I've dedicated 8 years of my life to watching this show and reading those books. I watched Season 2 36 times just to make sure that I fully understood all of the nuance. I made my family dress up every Sunday as different characters. My kids got really sick of Tyrion, Joffrey and Lyanna Mormont but I digress. The writers ruined everything. Television will never be the same to me. I can hardly look at one without seething in disappointment, pity, anger and self-loathing. We deserved better. I have organized a social media campaign to have HBO make up for this travesty by either refunding a portion of our subscription fees over the last 2 seasons, remaking S7 and S8 with new writers and a few extra dwarves, or both.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-22, 16:41

MiamiSpartan wrote:

You never said this, but since you replied, you’d argue that sports are worth getting worked up about? While tv shows aren’t? Seems like they are both simply entertainment at the core.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-22, 17:11

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It was honestly the worst 82 minutes of my life. I've dedicated 8 years of my life to watching this show and reading those books. I watched Season 2 36 times just to make sure that I fully understood all of the nuance. I made my family dress up every Sunday as different characters. My kids got really sick of Tyrion, Joffrey and Lyanna Mormont but I digress. The writers ruined everything. Television will never be the same to me. I can hardly look at one without seething in disappointment, pity, anger and self-loathing. We deserved better. I have organized a social media campaign to have HBO make up for this travesty by either refunding a portion of our subscription fees over the last 2 seasons, remaking S7 and S8 with new writers and a few extra dwarves, or both.

You should start twitspace campaign and demand they re-do the final season.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-22, 19:11

MiamiSpartan wrote:

You never said this, but since you replied, you’d argue that sports are worth getting worked up about? While tv shows aren’t? Seems like they are both simply entertainment at the core.
That's my opinion, yes. Others are welcome to their own opinion.

I don't jump up and down and scream and yell when something happens in a TV show. Maybe that's just me. What happens in a TV show/movie is just whatever someone came up with in their head. Hundreds, if not thousands of people know exactly what will happen by the time I see it. Sports are competitive and truly unpredictable (not manufactured unpredictability). And I fully understand that many people feel that sports are stupid and can't understand why someone would get at all excited about whether a group of people they've never met are better at some competition than another group of people they've never met. To each their own, I'm not going to get offended if someone says sports are silly.

And for what it's worth, I love TV and movies. Great entertainment.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-22, 19:22

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I don't jump up and down and scream and yell when something happens in a TV show. Maybe that's just me. What happens in a TV show/movie is just whatever someone came up with in their head. Hundreds, if not thousands of people know exactly what will happen by the time I see it. Sports are competitive and truly unpredictable (not manufactured unpredictability). And I fully understand that many people feel that sports are stupid and can't understand why someone would get at all excited about whether a group of people they've never met are better at some competition than another group of people they've never met. To each their own, I'm not going to get offended if someone says sports are silly.

Nice post, Miami.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-22, 19:36

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Nice post, Miami.

If we lived in GoT I would vote Miami king. He is the smartest person on the board.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-22, 21:06

Seriously, whoever isn't watching Chernobyl is missing out on something great. Two episodes left.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-22, 21:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Seriously, whoever isn't watching Chernobyl is missing out on something great. Two episodes left.

Watching E3 right now Game of Thrones - Final Season - Page 12 1401550746
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next