Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, it's hard to defend my stance against the death penalty sometimes. I don't like it, but in this case, I'm going to look the other way.

4 posters

Go down

Well, it's hard to defend my stance against the death penalty sometimes.  I don't like it, but in this case, I'm going to look the other way.   Empty Well, it's hard to defend my stance against the death penalty sometimes. I don't like it, but in this case, I'm going to look the other way.

Post by DWags 2019-04-24, 21:08

You can call me a hypocrite. I don't mind. I just can't warm up to this guy getting to live. Sorry.

Texas executes a racist piece of shit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Well, it's hard to defend my stance against the death penalty sometimes.  I don't like it, but in this case, I'm going to look the other way.   Empty Re: Well, it's hard to defend my stance against the death penalty sometimes. I don't like it, but in this case, I'm going to look the other way.

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-24, 21:09

Murder is murder whether it’s the state doing it, or a racist piece of shit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Well, it's hard to defend my stance against the death penalty sometimes.  I don't like it, but in this case, I'm going to look the other way.   Empty Re: Well, it's hard to defend my stance against the death penalty sometimes. I don't like it, but in this case, I'm going to look the other way.

Post by DWags 2019-04-24, 22:11

Rocinante wrote:Murder is murder whether it’s the state doing it, or a racist piece of shit.

You are, of course, right. I guess I'm just feeling some type of way. Fuck, I don't know. I guess I should have just put the story here with no comment. I was being honest though. I don't know if you remember when this happened. My child, who graduates MSU next week, was one year old, and I still remember not sleeping thinking this was the world I brought her into. Reading some accounts of the act just froze me with fear knowing there are people who could do that. He's been out of my mind for well over a decade and a half now. Wish he still was.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-04-24, 22:18

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Murder is murder whether it’s the state doing it, or a racist piece of shit.

You are, of course, right. I guess I'm just feeling some type of way. Fuck, I don't know. I guess I should have just put the story here with no comment. I was being honest though. I don't know if you remember when this happened. My child, who graduates MSU next week, was one year old, and I still remember not sleeping thinking this was the world I brought her into. Reading some accounts of the act just froze me with fear knowing there are people who could do that. He's been out of my mind for well over a decade and a half now. Wish he still was.

You would have gotten your wish had the state not murdered him.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-04-24, 22:24

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

I know, it's actually why I said it. I get it. It's fucked up. In the other thread Heat said we've put 25 people to death this year, how much better is that than 37 beheadings?

I get it. But man I hated this fucker 21 years ago.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-04-24, 22:51

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I know, it's actually why I said it. I get it. It's fucked up. In the other thread Heat said we've put 25 people to death this year, how much better is that than 37 beheadings?

I get it. But man I hated this fucker 21 years ago.

Neither is okay. Your hatred is why you shouldn’t be in charge of his punishment. You can’t think rationally. The whole “how would you feel if it were you” argument for the death penalty is barbarism horseshit. There’s a reason why a non partial person is supposed to determine a punishment after someone is found guilty and given that people seem to be incapabale of that, the death option needs to be taken away from them.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-04-24, 23:01

Pretty much agree. It is my hate for him. I remember him making me feel horrified and sick and worried about my child. I can’t disagree that I wouldn’t be a rational person
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-04-24, 23:11

I just really really really hate the death penalty dwags. I’m sorry I don’t mean to be insulting. I just hate it. We’re a country that spends multi billions of dollars on incarcerations every single year and for some reason we still feel the need to murder people. It’s insane to me. Even one innocent person being executed makes it inexcusable to have this policy, and we know it’s happened more than once.

The fact that we spend multi billions of dollars locking up people is an interesting issue itself that we should have a different thread on.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2019-04-24, 23:54

That does not seem that long ago. We are old.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-04-25, 10:27

I hear ya DWags.. and I know where you're coming from.. this case is the outlier in the history of government sponsored execution in America that went against the grain of its typical utilitarian method for punishing people of color and/or low income citizenry.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down