Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General - Parenting teenagers sucks thread...

+5
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
AvgMSUJoe
9 posters

Go down

General - Parenting teenagers sucks thread... Empty General - Parenting teenagers sucks thread...

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-05-07, 09:11

So my kid got rear-ended today. No real damage to his car ("little dent" he said, drove it to work). PLPD under my name. Car under my name.

No tickets issued by the cops...

What will this do to my insurance if I don't make a claim?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

General - Parenting teenagers sucks thread... Empty Re: General - Parenting teenagers sucks thread...

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-05-07, 09:16

I'm not an insurance expert..

but one thing I've figured out is that you never stop parenting. Our kid is 19.. back home for the summer after her first year at MSU. I've accepted that I'll always be a parent and that I'll always be parenting.. the nature of it just seems to evolve over time.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

General - Parenting teenagers sucks thread... Empty Re: General - Parenting teenagers sucks thread...

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-05-07, 09:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not an insurance expert..

but one thing I've figured out is that you never stop parenting. Our kid is 19.. back home for the summer after her first year at MSU. I've accepted that I'll always be a parent and that I'll always be parenting.. the nature of it just seems to evolve over time.

Yeah, I know. And it seems easier with the 18 year old then the 15 year old... but they still know how to push the buttons.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-05-07, 09:36

Should do absolutely nothing if you don't file a claim and no ticket was issued.

I've had two cars totaled in the past few years that weren't my fault. Insurance company told me they wanted to keep me as a client and haven't raised my rates.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-05-07, 09:38

It won't do anything to your insurance if you don't make a claim. It shouldn't if you make a claim and the other driver is at fault as well, but it good be a grey area if no tickets. If hit from the back you should be fine either way.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-05-07, 11:30

If there was no ticket and no claim, I don't think the insurance company would ever know that it happened.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-05-07, 11:32

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So my kid got rear-ended today. No real damage to his car ("little dent" he said, drove it to work). PLPD under my name. Car under my name.

No tickets issued by the cops...

What will this do to my insurance if I don't make a claim?

Sorry that happened. I'd just call my agent, it's what they're supposed to do. They really are experts. Send them pictures of the damage. They'll give you a what you should and what you shouldn't do. You pay for that service.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-05-07, 13:48

Bookmarking for eleven years down the road.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-07, 14:13

Bookmarking for twenty years down the road.

Edit: I’d like to change my math to thirty years down the road. My sense is, I’ll be a spry 76 and a failing menace at 86.

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2019-05-07, 15:34; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-05-07, 14:42

Bookmarking for myself
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-05-07, 15:26

I just had the "But you don't actually USE Algebra in real life" argument with the 15 year old yesterday.

He thinks he want to be a professional baseball playing Psychologist when he grows up. ( scratch )
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-07, 15:32

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I just had the "But you don't actually USE Algebra in real life" argument with the 15 year old yesterday.

He thinks he want to be a professional baseball playing Psychologist when he grows up. ( scratch )

Sounds exactly like me. Daddy?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-05-07, 15:35

tGreenWay wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:I just had the "But you don't actually USE Algebra in real life" argument with the 15 year old yesterday.

You failing Algebra too?

GAWD DAMMMIITTTTT.... WORK at it... EVERY point counts... DON'T tell me you were fully prepared WHEN I KNOW you were out messing around with those IDIOTS on SUNDAY night and you had the test on Monday. IT A SCHOOL NIGHT DAMMMITITTTT!!!!
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-05-07, 16:15

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You failing Algebra too?

GAWD DAMMMIITTTTT.... WORK at it... EVERY point counts... DON'T tell me you were fully prepared WHEN I KNOW you were out messing around with those IDIOTS on SUNDAY night and you had the test on Monday. IT A SCHOOL NIGHT DAMMMITITTTT!!!!

Im terrible with numbers. All math was a struggle for me. Meanwhile, I had my mom telling me I was a great listener and that I should consider something in therapy/counseling. Psychology sounded interesting, but I dreamed of the day Jim Campbell was going to call me up and offer me a contract to wear the olde English D. I’m still waiting for that call, though I’ve accepted that it won’t be Mr. Campbell.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down