Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread. Yep, I said it.

+17
Nordic
Dendrobates
MSU addict
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
tGreenWay
NigelUno
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
InTenSity
The Pantry
Motown Spartan
steveschneider
kingstonlake
DWags
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  Empty tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread. Yep, I said it.

Post by DWags 2021-02-25, 20:09

Bud light forever.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  Empty Re: tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread. Yep, I said it.

Post by kingstonlake 2021-02-25, 20:10

tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  200.gif?cid=ddb306a5g30j312hl9lfgj8nzec102d7k28quq1lx75p92rg&rid=200
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  Empty Re: tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread. Yep, I said it.

Post by kingstonlake 2021-02-25, 20:10

Tell em Wags!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-25, 20:54

I drink Miller Lite because it tastes great.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-02-25, 21:11

I also like Miller lite.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-25, 21:22

I love craft beer. But I also love PBR. And Rolling Rock. And beer.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-02-25, 21:33

Would only drink Butt Wipe if it was the only thing left in the cooler, and it usually is.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2021-02-25, 21:36

The Pantry wrote:Would only drink Butt Wipe if it was the only thing left in the cooler, and it usually is.

If it’s the last thing in the cooler chances are I won’t care what I’m drinking...
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Dendrobates like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-02-25, 21:44

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Would only drink Butt Wipe if it was the only thing left in the cooler, and it usually is.

If it’s the last thing in the cooler chances are I won’t care what I’m drinking...
My point, exactly
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-02-25, 21:46

So you guys don't support American breweries?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2021-02-25, 21:52

Miller lite, bud light, etc. Those are called "pop" in my house. Beer is usually something fancier.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-26, 00:51

this thread reeks of insecurity.
Geronte
Geronte

I.B. Fine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-02-26, 05:12

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:this thread reeks of insecurity.

Insecurity? Are you kidding? The opposite. You ever pop open a bud light at a tailgate infront if a bunch of beer snobs? If you aren’t completely in the “I don’t give a damn mode” don’t.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-26, 08:11

The craft beer world is over saturated. It’s not even cool to like Bells anymore you gotta like the latest obscure beer. Most of the new breweries don’t have the talent that Larry Bell had when he brought out those incredible recipes some years back.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-02-26, 09:44

steveschneider wrote:The craft beer world is over saturated. It’s not even cool to like Bells anymore you gotta like the latest obscure beer. Most of the new breweries don’t have the talent that Larry Bell had when he brought out those incredible recipes some years back.

If you give any thought at all to what is "cool" or what "you gotta like", then your problem is you, not craft beer vs macro brew.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Other Teams Pursuing That, tGreenWay and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-26, 09:53

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:The craft beer world is over saturated. It’s not even cool to like Bells anymore you gotta like the latest obscure beer. Most of the new breweries don’t have the talent that Larry Bell had when he brought out those incredible recipes some years back.

If you give any thought at all to what is "cool" or what "you gotta like", then your problem is you, not craft beer vs macro brew.

I'm just observing...I have a local 'gastro pub' (new hip term for what we all used to call a bar) and I remember like 2-3 years ago them obtaining Bells was a bfd. Now they have inferior shit that's new and they say 'they don't like Bells as much anymore'. I think they are just caught up in the trends. It's them not me. I'm content to drink Bud, Guinness and other shit that's been around for 100's of years.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-02-26, 09:53

DWags wrote:Bud light forever.

Did you wake up on the couch again with empty beer cans scattered around and wonder who won the game?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-02-26, 10:49

This is the DWags we’ve been missing. So edgy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-02-26, 12:58

Bud Light is kind of for women also.

Coors Light is a man's beer.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-02-26, 13:20

No light beer is a man's beer. Don't be ridiculous.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-02-26, 13:23

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I'm just observing...I have a local 'gastro pub' (new hip term for what we all used to call a bar) and I remember like 2-3 years ago them obtaining Bells was a bfd. Now they have inferior shit that's new and they say 'they don't like Bells as much anymore'. I think they are just caught up in the trends. It's them not me. I'm content to drink Bud, Guinness and other shit that's been around for 100's of years.

So, let me understand. You go into this bar/Gastro Pub, and you start complaining to the owner, manager, or whoever decides on the beer they care, about why they don't have the specific craft brewery that you want beer from....and you're calling them too much of craft beer snobs. Ok.

Also, why do you keep talking about how long macro brews have been brewing for? I love Guiness, but I harbor no illusions that I'm drinking anything similar to what they were drinking in a Dublin pub as they cheered on the British defeat at Yorktown by the rag tag group of colonists.

Like what you like just for the fact that you like it.
No need trying to use marketing slogans to justify it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-26, 13:27

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

remember, steve claims to be above marketing and advertising. tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-02-26, 13:34

craft beer doesn't suck as much as the craft beer enthusiasts suck. Basically like a lot of things.. religion in and of itself isn't bad.. it's the people involved in religion that damages it beyond repair.

Current list of non-craft beers in my fridge:

1. Molson
2. PBR
3. Old Style
4. Labatt's

current list of craft beers in my fridge:

1. Founders Centennial

either way, I've gotten a bit more into Scotch and bourbon lately, anyway.. or even toss some Cuervo into a pineapple Truly.

happy Friday, my dudes (and Dendro). tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates, DWags and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-02-26, 17:10

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

So, let me understand.  You go into this bar/Gastro Pub, and you start complaining to the owner, manager, or whoever decides on the beer they care, about why they don't have the specific craft brewery that you want beer from....and you're calling them too much of craft beer snobs.  Ok.

Also, why do you keep talking about how long macro brews have been brewing for?  I love Guiness, but I harbor no illusions that I'm drinking anything similar to what they were drinking in a Dublin pub as they cheered on the British defeat at Yorktown by the rag tag group of colonists.  

I go in and when I’m belly up to the bar and ask for a bud light and my friends are all embarrassed and the 20 something kid bar tender looks down at me and points up at the menu with his tattooed arm sleeve and says “those are the brews we make here” I always ask,” can you go back there and maybe brew me up a bud light? “

The fuck. It’s beer not gold spun knitting thread. My friends live taking me to them because they know I’m good for just one, then I’m the driver.  I do admit, there is usually better food at those places than just a beer and a bump bar.  (Except dags)

Last edited by DWags on 2021-02-26, 17:43; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-02-26, 17:14

I feel like we’ve had this conversation dozens of times.

When I drink beer, I pretty much only drink domestic lagers and pilsners. And mostly I drink whiskey.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-26, 17:36

D wags why do you ask for a bud light at a brewery when you know they don’t have it
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2021-02-26, 17:39

If it's beer I will drink it and not complain.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

MiamiSpartan and Other Teams Pursuing That like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-02-26, 17:42

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:D wags why do you ask for a bud light at a brewery when you know they don’t have it

The one in manistee brings one out for me. Probably illegal. But hey, if you do t ask, you definitely won’t get one.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-02-26, 17:53

Picked up a six of Kalamazoo Stout after work today.

Tried Sapporo (in the goofy shaped can) many years ago. Didn't care for it. Discovered it was made with rice. It's the rice used to make Bud and Bud Light that make them not good IMO.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-02-26, 18:47

Just tried a Maine pine needle sparrow hawk stout. Didn't like it as much as the sand pit corriander lager. Reminded me of the Maggie Valley caramel pickle wheat. All things being equal I'd prefer a Birch bark salmon egg cliff view Edmund Fitzgerald Superior tan.  But I'm kinda picky.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, InTenSity and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-02-26, 18:50

kingstonlake wrote:Just tried a Maine pine needle sparrow hawk stout. Didn't like it as much as the sand pit corriander lager. Reminded me of the Maggie Valley caramel pickle wheat. All things being equal I'd prefer a Birch bark salmon egg cliff view Edmund Fitzgerald Superior tan.  But I'm kinda picky.
I'm only 90% sure you're joking, which means you're way better at this than Bob.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-02-26, 19:12

Molson, bud light, and Killians are almost always in our house.

Different beers from bells, a new one I haven't tried, and truly are runner ups.

I try to keep them all stocked so guests have a variety at my house.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-26, 19:13

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

remember, steve claims to be above marketing and advertising. tOfficial Craft beer sucks thread.   Yep, I said it.  502811600

Beer companies are wasting their money on advertising. I love the product so much I'm already at the register.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-26, 19:14

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

So, let me understand.  You go into this bar/Gastro Pub, and you start complaining to the owner, manager, or whoever decides on the beer they care, about why they don't have the specific craft brewery that you want beer from....and you're calling them too much of craft beer snobs.  Ok.

Also, why do you keep talking about how long macro brews have been brewing for?  I love Guiness, but I harbor no illusions that I'm drinking anything similar to what they were drinking in a Dublin pub as they cheered on the British defeat at Yorktown by the rag tag group of colonists.  

I go in and when I’m belly up to the bar and ask for a bud light and my friends are all embarrassed and the 20 something kid bar tender looks down at me and points up at the menu with his tattooed arm sleeve and says “those are the brews we make here” I always ask,” can you go back there and maybe brew me up a bud light? “

The fuck. It’s beer not gold spun knitting thread. My friends live taking me to them because they know I’m good for just one, then I’m the driver.  I do admit, there is usually better food at those places than just a beer and a bump bar.  (Except dags)

You'd hate the gastro pub scene you have to read chalk boards about the beer.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-26, 19:16

just a very weird scene that bud light helped create with their commercials.. it's like the anti snobs became the snobs.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-26, 19:18

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:just a very weird scene that bud light helped create with their commercials.. it's like the anti snobs became the snobs.

I think it’s that you feel judged for enjoying an ice cold Bud.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-02-26, 19:19

i like buds. coors banquet is probably my favorite while we are on the subject. modelo is nice as well.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2021-02-26, 19:44

The older I get, the less I dig beer. But Bell's is the shit.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-02-26, 19:49

Nordic wrote:The older I get, the less I dig beer. But Bell's is the shit.

This. I remember drinking at Harpers in the 90s and Larry was at the table behind me drinking beer right after the place opened. Seemed like a dude that loved to drink beer. It was an honor to be enjoying beer in his presence.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2021-02-26, 19:57

Nordic wrote:The older I get, the less I dig beer. But Bell's is the shit.

Same. I can drink maybe 2 beers now. My digestion must have slowed down, because it fills me up quickly and takes a while. If I'm planning to drink for a buzz or more, it's usually 1 beer, and then mixed drinks/shots
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next