Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIAP: Munn getting an upgrade

+12
Robert J Sakimano
Dendrobates
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
Turtleneck
AvgMSUJoe
The Pantry
tGreenWay
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
DWags
16 posters

Go down

SIAP:  Munn getting an upgrade Empty SIAP: Munn getting an upgrade

Post by DWags Thu 23 May 2019 - 14:41

Haven't been in there in years.

https://www.wkar.org/post/big-plans-significant-remodel-and-facility-upgrade-munn-bringing-modern-hockey-amenities?fbclid=IwAR15_BlKguLuHBrWoh8sd36MAQ5ySUzDIB8M-83mHX5iE6U3ojikA9-Bu18#stream/0
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

SIAP:  Munn getting an upgrade Empty Re: SIAP: Munn getting an upgrade

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 23 May 2019 - 15:07

Good to hear. I probably haven't been there myself since 2010.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 23 May 2019 - 15:18

That's pretty sweet. I used to go to a lot of those games at Munn in the 80's when they were one of the best teams in the country. I don't really have an explanation for it but my interests in hockey came to a screeching halt some time in the 00's. Live it was always incredible to watch.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 23 May 2019 - 16:20

steveschneider wrote:That's pretty sweet. I used to go to a lot of those games at Munn in the 80's when they were one of the best teams in the country. I don't really have an explanation for it but my interests in hockey came to a screeching halt some time in the 00's. Live it was always incredible to watch.

Same here. Just lost a lot of my interest in hockey, including games at Munn. Maybe it was a combo of our basketball and football teams doing much better, I don’t know for sure.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu 23 May 2019 - 18:03

Last time I was there was early 80's. State played Team USA and Pat LaFontaine (born in St. Louis but grew up in Waterford). Forget the score but pretty sure we lost.

Remember students stealing trays from the cafeteria to use for sledding off Munn's roof during the January '78 snowstorm.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 24 Jun 2019 - 21:38

Izzo digs deep

1.1 million donation
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 24 Jun 2019 - 21:43

The Pantry wrote:
Remember students stealing trays from the cafeteria to use for sledding off Munn's roof during the January '78 snowstorm.
Viewing sexy time on Munn roof during tailgates.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 24 Jun 2019 - 22:08

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:That's pretty sweet. I used to go to a lot of those games at Munn in the 80's when they were one of the best teams in the country. I don't really have an explanation for it but my interests in hockey came to a screeching halt some time in the 00's. Live it was always incredible to watch.

Same here. Just lost a lot of my interest in hockey, including games at Munn. Maybe it was a combo of our basketball and football teams doing much better, I don’t know for sure.

Cool. Glad you shared. Thanks.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon 24 Jun 2019 - 22:30

A couple of quick Munn memories. 1985 NCAA tourney when we lost to Providence. Our team was loaded and expected to win in all at the Frozen Four the following week at Joe Louis Arena. Instead we ran into Friars goalie Chris Terarri ( sp). Dude stood on his head and shut down perhaps Mason's best team. I did not see the 3rd period because I took a deflected puck off of my head that knocked me the fuck out. Carried out of Munn and took 20 stitches at Sparrow. I was in the ER bed right next to the Dad of a Providence player that DIED after suffering a heart attack. tWife was pissed at me because I bailed out of my bar shift at Dooleys to go to the game. We needed the $$ with a baby at home! And now we have more bills to pay!

Fast forward 7 years. I take said baby to his first game at Munn and LOSE him between periods when he wandered off after getting a a hot dog. I was in full panic mode yet equally embarressed when the PA guy asked for the father of Duffy Munn JR please report to the police post in section 10, your son is looking for you.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 24 Jun 2019 - 22:42

duffy munn wrote:A couple of quick Munn memories. 1985 NCAA tourney when we lost to Providence. Our team was loaded and expected to win in all at the Frozen Four the following week at Joe Louis Arena. Instead we ran into Friars goalie Chris Terarri ( sp). Dude stood on his head and shut down perhaps Mason's best team. I did not see the 3rd period because I took a deflected puck off of my head that knocked me the fuck out. Carried out of Munn and took 20 stitches at Sparrow. I was in the ER bed right next to the Dad of a Providence player that DIED after suffering a heart attack. tWife was pissed at me because I bailed out of my bar shift at Dooleys to go to the game. We needed the $$ with a baby at home! And now we have more bills to pay!

Fast forward 7 years. I take said baby to his first game at Munn and LOSE him between periods when he wandered off after getting a a hot dog. I was in full panic mode yet equally embarressed when the PA guy asked for the father of Duffy Munn JR please report to the police post in section 10, your son is looking for you.

SIAP:  Munn getting an upgrade 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 25 Jun 2019 - 8:18

duffy munn wrote:A couple of quick Munn memories. 1985 NCAA tourney when we lost to Providence. Our team was loaded and expected to win in all at the Frozen Four the following week at Joe Louis Arena. Instead we ran into Friars goalie Chris Terarri ( sp). Dude stood on his head and shut down perhaps Mason's best team. I did not see the 3rd period because I took a deflected puck off of my head that knocked me the fuck out. Carried out of Munn and took 20 stitches at Sparrow. I was in the ER bed right next to the Dad of a Providence player that DIED after suffering a heart attack. tWife was pissed at me because I bailed out of my bar shift at Dooleys to go to the game. We needed the $$ with a baby at home! And now we have more bills to pay!

Two quick escalations in one story, poor husband and fatherly choices. I laughed, I cried. Looking forward to the sequel.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 25 Jun 2019 - 8:39

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Two quick escalations in one story, poor husband and fatherly choices. I laughed, I cried. Looking forward to the sequel.

Wheeew... And I thought I was a shitty husband and father....

(lol)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue 25 Jun 2019 - 22:45

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Wheeew... And I thought I was a shitty husband and father....

(lol)

Fair
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 25 Jun 2019 - 23:16

That's funny duff. I have yet to lose a kid. Probably doing WDW again in October so there's still a good chance.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed 26 Jun 2019 - 12:04

Much needed for Munn. It’s been outdated for a long time.
I got to see and hold the championship ring , in what, 2006? It was amazing to see all the emeralds and diamonds. It was beautiful. Had a distant relative on the team.

Here’s another cool story bro...

I played intramural broom ball at MSU, and the games were around midnight at Munn. That always killed me being so late on a school night for such heavy activity. But the game was hard for me to play, because the equipment was of course made for men. The helmet was so huge on me, I had to constantly have 1 hand holding the helmet so I could see. Since I only had 1 free arm, I decided my job was to take out anyone on the other team with the ball. It was awesome tackling and knocking down the guys, especially since I was the only girl on the team. One day a guy got sick of me kicking his ass, and goes up to the ref...: do you see what she’s doing? The ref says../ yea, you’re getting your ass kicked by a girl. I’m allowing it.
Ahh memories.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 26 Jun 2019 - 12:21

Bruce Springsteen Setlist
Biggie Munn Ice Arena, East Lansing, MI, USA
November 17, 1978

Tour: Darkness Tour

Setlist

Set I

High School Confidential (Jerry Lee Lewis cover)
   Badlands
   Streets of Fire
   Spirit in the Night
   Darkness on the Edge of Town
   Independence Day
   The Promised Land
   Prove It All Night
   Racing in the Street
   Thunder Road
   Jungleland

Set II

The Ties That Bind
   Fire
   Candy's Room
   Because the Night
   Point Blank
   Mona / She's the One / Gloria
   Backstreets (with Sad Eyes interlude)
   Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

Encore:

Born to Run
   Detroit Medley
   Quarter to Three
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 26 Jun 2019 - 13:46

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Cool. Glad you shared. Thanks.

Finally. Took you long enough (which, in your case, is not what she said).
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 26 Jun 2019 - 13:49

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Plus, Duffy killed a guy.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 26 Jun 2019 - 13:51

Dendrobates wrote:Much needed for Munn. It’s been outdated for a long time.
I got to see and hold the championship ring , in what, 2006? It was amazing to see all the emeralds and diamonds. It was beautiful. Had a distant relative on the team.

Here’s another cool story bro...

I played intramural broom ball at MSU, and the games were around midnight at Munn. That always killed me being so late on a school night for such heavy activity. But the game was hard for me to play, because the equipment was of course made for men. The helmet was so huge on me, I had to constantly have 1 hand holding the helmet so I could see. Since I only had 1 free arm, I decided my job was to take out anyone on the other team with the ball. It was awesome tackling and knocking down the guys, especially since I was the only girl on the team. One day a guy got sick of me kicking his ass, and goes up to the ref...: do you see what she’s doing? The ref says../ yea, you’re getting your ass kicked by a girl. I’m allowing it.
Ahh memories.

SIAP:  Munn getting an upgrade 502811600 SIAP:  Munn getting an upgrade 1486952199 Awesome, Dendro.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue 26 May 2020 - 10:42

[ig]CAp5ZG4jTit[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 26 May 2020 - 11:22

Wow, looks great.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 26 May 2020 - 14:39

Terreri was ridiculous.  He made some comment about being in heaven and playing against the angels or something like that.  MSU beat Providence 3-2 in the first game (2 games, total goals), and there was no way in hell Providence would beat us by 2 in the 2nd game.  Terreri made 50 saves and we lost 4-2.

Definitely Mason's best team.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri 12 Jun 2020 - 15:50

[ig]CBVqwhuDna5[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Fri 12 Jun 2020 - 23:05

CORNER BLITZ wrote:[ig]CBVqwhuDna5[/ig]

SIAP:  Munn getting an upgrade 3434560931
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 23 Jun 2020 - 8:53

Construction on hold.

https://www.wilx.com/content/sports/Various-MSU-Construction-Projects-Now-on-Hold-571426261.html
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Thu 10 Sep 2020 - 17:58

[ig]CE901bkDa-U[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 9 Feb 2021 - 9:33

[tw]1359139996918304774[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

tGreenWay, duffy munn, GRR Spartan and CORNER BLITZ like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue 9 Feb 2021 - 9:47

Nice!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content