Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's Reserving Their FREE Windows 10 Upgrade Today?

+5
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Heat Miser
9 posters

Go down

Who's Reserving Their FREE Windows 10 Upgrade Today? Empty Who's Reserving Their FREE Windows 10 Upgrade Today?

Post by Heat Miser Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 10:48

Think I'll test it on my W8.1 laptop right away, then put it on my W7 desktop if things work properly.

The whole reservation thing is interesting. Appears to be a 3 gig download. Will the interwebs break on July 29th?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Who's Reserving Their FREE Windows 10 Upgrade Today? Empty Re: Who's Reserving Their FREE Windows 10 Upgrade Today?

Post by InTenSity Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 10:49

Lemme make sure I have this straight.

Win 8.1 users get a free upgrade, no strings attached.

Win 7 users get a 1 year trial.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Who's Reserving Their FREE Windows 10 Upgrade Today? Empty Re: Who's Reserving Their FREE Windows 10 Upgrade Today?

Post by Heat Miser Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 10:50

InTenSity wrote:Lemme make sure I have this straight.

Anyone with W7 or above gets a free upgrade.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 11:06

Heat Miser wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Lemme make sure I have this straight.

Anyone with W7 or above gets a free upgrade.
Did they change it then? I thought originally the W8 users were getting the upgrade and MS kind of apologized for putting it out there, and W7 just had a free 'upgrade' for 1 year and then they had to purchase it. Cool if true.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 11:16

The FAQ and reservation link (see button at bottom) is here:

Windows 10

True to MS form, I clicked the button at about 7:30AM and the link said "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found", but they've fixed it now.

Actually, I can't see anything on the landing page that moves the registration process along. I guess you have to wait for the reservation app to be installed on your PC during some patch Tuesday update.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 11:24

Win 10 is also the last Windows to be released? They are going to switch to patches and updates? Is there anything that guarantees that people aren't going to be locked into paying for 'updates'? It would kind of suck to make the switch, then find out a year or 2 later I need to play $4.99 a month to continue my service.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 11:28

InTenSity wrote:
Did they change it then? I thought originally the W8 users were getting the upgrade and MS kind of apologized for putting it out there, and W7 just had a free 'upgrade' for 1 year and then they had to purchase it. Cool if true.

No, you misunderstood it. You will have 1 year to claim your free upgrade.

InTenSity wrote:Win 10 is also the last Windows to be released? They are going to switch to patches and updates? Is there anything that guarantees that people aren't going to be locked into paying for 'updates'? It would kind of suck to make the switch, then find out a year or 2 later I need to play $4.99 a month to continue my service.

Who's Reserving Their FREE Windows 10 Upgrade Today? 983955289

Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 11:45

Am I the only one who hopes they go back to something more like XP? I fuckin loved that OS.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 12:10

I just reserved mine..

I really look forward to the way my life with be impacted with the new iWindows 10 FREE upgrade.. complete with a 45eP megahertz whizzle nizzle and a chromium-infused whertz-a-chip full of memory.

it's gonna be great.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 12:12

I'm only upgrading if they charge me monthly for updates I can get on Twitter faster and for free.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 12:40

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Am I the only one who hopes they go back to something more like XP? I fuckin loved that OS.

Yes
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 17:39

If you're not eligible for an upgrade, W10 will cost $119. Guess that puts the subscription paranoia to bed.

Microsoft prices Windows 10 licenses at $119 for Home, $199 for Pro
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 20:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Am I the only one who hopes they go back to something more like XP? I fuckin loved that OS.

No. I loved that OS. They had to stop supporting it to make me grit my teeth and jump. To Windows 8.1. *Sigh* Rolling Eyes
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 20:04

Heat Miser wrote:Think I'll test it on my W8.1 laptop right away, then put it on my W7 desktop if things work properly.

The whole reservation thing is interesting. Appears to be a 3 gig download. Will the interwebs break on July 29th?

Oh, man, I love it when Microsoft issues new OS's. Windows Vista, man, that was the shit.

Me? If I got a year to see how comically badly it fucks things up, I'll wait 364 days before I take my upgrade.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 20:46

SpartanInNH wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:Think I'll test it on my W8.1 laptop right away, then put it on my W7 desktop if things work properly.

Oh, man, I love it when Microsoft issues new OS's. Windows Vista, man, that was the shit.

Me? If I got a year to see how comically badly it fucks things up, I'll wait 364 days before I take my upgrade.

Who's Reserving Their FREE Windows 10 Upgrade Today? 502811600 I knew there was at least one out there.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH Mon 1 Jun 2015 - 21:08

Heat Miser wrote:
SpartanInNH wrote:

Who's Reserving Their FREE Windows 10 Upgrade Today? 502811600 I knew there was at least one out there.

Two. (Don't forget OTPT.)

Not your fault, but the link was pretty bereft of information on what Windows 10 was going to do for me. "FREE!" was pretty much the end of that story. So what makes Windows 10 better than Windows 8.1 (DAMMIT!)? No idea.

I'll wait for people to take it for a test drive before I download it on the only computer I have. (And no, I'm not counting the phone, that's Android.)
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomer Tue 2 Jun 2015 - 1:00

Is it going to lean and mean or bloated with shit I don't need stealing memory and processor cycles?

I just want it to be stable and responsive. Too much to ask?
Gomer
Gomer
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 2 Jun 2015 - 2:15

Gomer wrote:Is it going to lean and mean or bloated with shit I don't need stealing memory and processor cycles?

This was my answer to the question "What type of woman are you looking for?" on Match.com.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 2 Jun 2015 - 2:32

tGreenWay wrote:
Gomer wrote:Is it going to lean and mean or bloated with shit I don't need stealing memory and processor cycles?

This was my answer to the question "What type of woman are you looking for?" on Match.com.

Who's Reserving Their FREE Windows 10 Upgrade Today? 1966794946
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down