Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swill Exclusive: I don't think John Beilein had any intention of going to the NBA. Until...

+6
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
NigelUno
10 posters

Go down

Swill Exclusive:  I don't think John Beilein had any intention of going to the NBA.  Until... Empty Swill Exclusive: I don't think John Beilein had any intention of going to the NBA. Until...

Post by NigelUno 5/23/2019, 9:43 pm

In a Swill Exclusive, I explain why John Beilein had no intention of going to the NBA.  Until...

He talked to the Pistons last year.
Claims he was never offered the job.
He was then given an extension and raise by Warde Manuel.
Said he was done flirting with the NBA and blah, blah, blah...his future was at UM.  

So, now...all of a sudden...one year later...he wants to coach in the NBA?  

Assuming that's true...when did he decide that?  

Did he decide after the season, and then put his name out there for the Lakers, Phoenix, Memphis, Sacramento, and Cleveland jobs?

If he did, it seems like some team would have interviewed him (other than Cleveland) and word would have leaked that he was sniffing around for an NBA job.  Nope.  Silence.  Howard gets an interview with the Lakers, but Beilein doesn't?  I get the Pelinka connection, but still...

So, Cleveland gets a hold of him for an interview.  He probably figures...whatever...I'll talk to them.  

I don't think he had any intention of going to the NBA.  Until:

1.  Warde tells him before he goes that they just gave him an extension and raise last year when he pulled this, and they're not doing it again.  Beilein gets kind of pissed.

Cleveland offers.  Beilein takes the job without telling ANYONE at UM.

2.  Beilein goes to interview without any real discussion with Warde.  Comes back with offer.  Tells Warde he'll stay if UM matches.  Warde tells him there's no way they'll match.  Beilein gets kind of pissed.

Beilen takes job without telling ANYONE at UM.  

In conclusion, Beilein decided to go the NBA when arrogant UM pissed him off.

(These facts are pretty much irrefutable and/or partly made up.)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Swill Exclusive:  I don't think John Beilein had any intention of going to the NBA.  Until... Empty Re: Swill Exclusive: I don't think John Beilein had any intention of going to the NBA. Until...

Post by steveschneider 5/23/2019, 9:54 pm

Beilein is going to fail in the nba and Howard is going to fail in the ncaa. Fuck em both.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Swill Exclusive:  I don't think John Beilein had any intention of going to the NBA.  Until... Empty Re: Swill Exclusive: I don't think John Beilein had any intention of going to the NBA. Until...

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 5/23/2019, 10:04 pm

Don't discount the toxic locker room he had this year and the frustrations of dealing with Poole and his Dad, and probably Iggy to an extent also.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 5/23/2019, 10:07 pm

Thanks, Nigel. Like Steve, I have also been devoting most of my days to thinking about the UM job.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 5/23/2019, 10:09 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Don't discount the toxic locker room he had this year and the frustrations of dealing with Poole and his Dad, and probably Iggy to an extent also.

The guy has coached 37293 college basketball teams dating back to 1927. I’m sure this year was not the first time he had locker room issues.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 5/23/2019, 10:14 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Thanks, Nigel. Like Steve, I have also been devoting most of my days to thinking about the UM job.

I’m not sure Steve has slept in a week.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 5/23/2019, 10:19 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Thanks, Nigel. Like Steve, I have also been devoting most of my days to thinking about the UM job.

It's night out.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 5/23/2019, 10:28 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Don't discount the toxic locker room he had this year and the frustrations of dealing with Poole and his Dad, and probably Iggy to an extent also.

The guy has coached 37293 college basketball teams dating back to 1927. I’m sure this year was not the first time he had locker room issues.

There is always that proverbial straw that breaks the camels back.

I mean he had a legit shot at a title this year, no major injuries and had to fight opponents and his own locker room and parents.

Turtle has a good point, but fuck, there’s a line we all say “I’ve had enough “.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 5/23/2019, 10:36 pm

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I mean he had a legit shot at a title this year, no major injuries and had to fight opponents and his own locker room and parents.

Turtle has a good point, but fuck, there’s a line we all say “I’ve had enough “.  

And that time was when Warde Manuel pissed him off.

Do you guys even read my posts?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 5/23/2019, 10:40 pm

Nigel, I think your swill exclusive hot take hit it out of the park.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 5/23/2019, 10:43 pm

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

And that time was when Warde Manuel pissed him off.

Do you guys even read my posts?

I do, but I think it’s a combination of that, Jim Harbaugh and frustration. I don’t think you can narrate it down to that specific reason.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 5/23/2019, 11:07 pm

This exclusive hasn’t been copyrighted and now anyone can steal it!!! Swill Exclusive:  I don't think John Beilein had any intention of going to the NBA.  Until... 1550444538
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 5/23/2019, 11:09 pm

I do not read your posts, Nigel.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 5/23/2019, 11:16 pm

Also being overlooked is that he has been on the move his entire career. He has always been about the next step. He started as a HS coach, then community college, DIII, DII, and five DI teams before the NBA. UM was his longest stop by 4-5 years.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 5/23/2019, 11:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 5/23/2019, 11:16 pm

Rocinante wrote:I do not read your posts, Nigel.

Don’t worry, it’ll be in the freep and DNews tomorrow, with different bylines.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 5/23/2019, 11:22 pm

NigelUno wrote:(These facts are pretty much irrefutable and/or partly made up.)

Swill Exclusive:  I don't think John Beilein had any intention of going to the NBA.  Until... 502811600
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 5/23/2019, 11:41 pm

Thank you for the VIP info.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 5/24/2019, 7:34 am

Do we have the budget to keep our TMZ reporter Nigel digging into this?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 5/24/2019, 7:41 am

steveschneider wrote:Nigel, I think your swill exclusive hot take hit it out of the park.

You were always good at recognizing genius.

I'm happy for Beilein though.  If he was tired of dealing with prima donna players, he won't have to do that in the NBA.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 5/24/2019, 8:11 am

Nigel is a stable genius.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 5/24/2019, 8:41 am

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Nigel, I think your swill exclusive hot take hit it out of the park.

I'm happy for Beilein though.  If he was tired of dealing with prima donna players, he won't have to do that in the NBA.

I wonder if his corny half time speeches will go over well in the nba like when he tells his team to step on up and then takes a step up on a chair. I remember they showed one during a game and it was something that cheesy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 5/24/2019, 12:02 pm

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I wonder if his corny half time speeches will go over well in the nba like when he tells his team to step on up and then takes a step up on a chair. I remember they showed one during a game and it was something that cheesy.

What was the lesson he tried teaching his players with the boiling water? I can’t remember.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down