Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did I miss talk of Keith Mumphery being cleared by MSU?

+7
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
kingstonlake
DWags
I.B. Fine
The Pantry
Rocinante
11 posters

Go down

Did I miss talk of Keith Mumphery being cleared by MSU?   Empty Did I miss talk of Keith Mumphery being cleared by MSU?

Post by Rocinante 2019-06-02, 14:12

Dude should sue the Texans too.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/01/sports/mumphery-lawsuit-michigan-settlement.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Did I miss talk of Keith Mumphery being cleared by MSU?   Empty Re: Did I miss talk of Keith Mumphery being cleared by MSU?

Post by The Pantry 2019-06-02, 14:41

Good for him. Hope he gets another shot somewhere.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Did I miss talk of Keith Mumphery being cleared by MSU?   Empty Re: Did I miss talk of Keith Mumphery being cleared by MSU?

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-06-02, 14:42

It's pathetic the school didn't offer a formal apology.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-06-02, 14:46

Wow. Stole his career. That’s fucked up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-06-02, 15:04

Wow. Good for him and shame on MSU. Hope he got paid in the settlement.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-06-02, 15:33

He's basically a victim of Nassar and ESPN.

I mean just imagine for a moment if, at the time, MSU or the Texans did anything but cut him out completely while waiting for the facts to play out. They'd have been absolutely skewered for letting a "brutal rapist" continue to do his thing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-06-02, 16:28

MiamiSpartan wrote:He's basically a victim of Nassar and ESPN.

I mean just imagine for a moment if, at the time, MSU or the Texans did anything but cut him out completely while waiting for the facts to play out. They'd have been absolutely skewered for letting a "brutal rapist" continue to do his thing.

Actually, the information was readily available if someone made any effort. It was cowardice to just throw Keith under the bus.
He wants to play, so he won't rock the boat, but if he isn't on a roster this fall, he should sue the Texans, too.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-06-02, 17:33

I.B. Fine wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:He's basically a victim of Nassar and ESPN.

Actually, the information was readily available if someone made any effort. It was cowardice to just throw Keith under the bus.
He wants to play, so he won't rock the boat, but if he isn't on a roster this fall, he should sue the Texans, too.

What information IB?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-06-02, 18:47

The information that the police dropped the case and the original Title IX case was dropped and Keith was not informed of the Title IX appeal. Seemed like several reporters had it as soon as the Texans cut him.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-06-02, 23:45

Shameful.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2019-06-03, 14:30

Don't understand how they even ruled against him even without him being there. The evidence didn't change, did it? They still had the texts and the video of her not at all looking drunk.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-06-03, 15:25

StylesGShmooth wrote:Don't understand how they even ruled against him even without him being there. The evidence didn't change, did it? They still had the texts and the video of her not at all looking drunk.

I think him not being there made it more or less automatic that they would rule against him. It's just fucked up that they can ruin your life just as completely as a court of law, but they are not bound by the same standards as a court of law.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-06-03, 15:47

Cameron wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:Don't understand how they even ruled against him even without him being there. The evidence didn't change, did it? They still had the texts and the video of her not at all looking drunk.

I think him not being there made it more or less automatic that they would rule against him. It's just fucked up that they can ruin your life just as completely as a court of law, but they are not bound by the same standards as a court of law.

Well, we don't know the settlement either. If he had a lawyer worth a shit it wouldn't have been a penny lower then the avg paycheck and lifespan for veteran receiver... With CTE, might have done him a favor in the long run.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-06-03, 17:52

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Well, we don't know the settlement either. If he had a lawyer worth a shit it wouldn't have been a penny lower then the avg paycheck and lifespan for veteran receiver... With CTE, might have done him a favor in the long run.
They sent ONE email to his @msuedu student address, meanwhile, a cursory google search would have turned up his place of employment, the Texans
Article said he left money on the table to settle it quicker and resume his career. Hoping it works out for him. Still shameful the university hasn't issued any sort of apology.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-06-03, 19:26

Smack in the middle of the #metoo culling and Nassar. Dude didn't stand a chance.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down