Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From the "Welp, it's June the 4th 2019 and we still have dumb ass teachers doing dumb ass things department"

+5
tGreenWay
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
9 posters

Go down

From the "Welp, it's June the 4th 2019 and we still have dumb ass teachers doing dumb ass things department" Empty From the "Welp, it's June the 4th 2019 and we still have dumb ass teachers doing dumb ass things department"

Post by DWags Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:35 pm

I mean, how dumb ass does a teacher and district have to be to give an 11 year old kid with Autism a "most annoying male" award in front of the school?

And yeah, I get we're way too politically correct sometimes with pulling back the jokes because we're afraid it will offend. But really? An 11 year old autistic child? WTF is wrong with people.

Didn't run that by one other teacher or administrator before awarding it?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

From the "Welp, it's June the 4th 2019 and we still have dumb ass teachers doing dumb ass things department" Empty Re: From the "Welp, it's June the 4th 2019 and we still have dumb ass teachers doing dumb ass things department"

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:36 pm

DWags wrote:I mean, how dumb ass does a teacher and district have to be to give an 11 year old kid with Autism a "most annoying male" award in front of the school?

And yeah, I get we're way too politically correct sometimes with pulling back the jokes because we're afraid it will offend. But really? An 11 year old autistic child? WTF is wrong with people.

Didn't run that by one other teacher or administrator before awarding it?
yikes.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

From the "Welp, it's June the 4th 2019 and we still have dumb ass teachers doing dumb ass things department" Empty Re: From the "Welp, it's June the 4th 2019 and we still have dumb ass teachers doing dumb ass things department"

Post by InTenSity Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:58 pm

I got nothin. I'm sure others will probably joke about it, but autism can be so tough.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:16 pm

InTenSity wrote:I got nothin. I'm sure others will probably joke about it, but autism can be so tough.

On the family too. Now they have to endure a dumb ass adult doing something so piss poor. Also, like the father says "having Autism doesn't mean you don't have feelings."

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:24 pm

Come on humanity. No
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:54 pm

The father took the high road. I doubt I’d have his class and patience. Put in a similar situation, I’m near certain I’d’ve laid out that asshole of a teacher; man, woman, or dog. See if a jury convicts me of assault.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:26 pm

tGreenWay wrote:The father took the high road. I doubt I’d have his class and patience. Put in a similar situation, I’m near certain I’d’ve laid out that asshole of a teacher; man, woman, or dog. See if a jury convicts me of assault.

I'm guessing the teacher is a woman, because I had the same thought. Like, maybe try to leave quietly without the trophy without making a scene, but if a man comes up to me and says "don't forget your autistic son's trophy that I gave him in front of the whole school for being annoying," there is going to be fisticuffs.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:44 pm

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The father took the high road. I doubt I’d have his class and patience. Put in a similar situation, I’m near certain I’d’ve laid out that asshole of a teacher; man, woman, or dog. See if a jury convicts me of assault.

I'm guessing the teacher is a woman, because I had the same thought. Like, maybe try to leave quietly without the trophy without making a scene, but if a man comes up to me and says "don't forget your autistic son's trophy that I gave him in front of the whole school for being annoying," there is going to be fisticuffs.

The teacher being female might have stayed a little physicality, but when they tried to leave and the teacher came up to them and told them not to forget their trophy, I would've at least thrown them over a table or two (into the principal).  

BTW, is it worse that the child is Autistic?  I'm not even sure.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:57 pm

StylesGShmooth wrote:
Cameron wrote:

The teacher being female might have stayed a little physicality, but when they tried to leave and the teacher came up to them and told them not to forget their trophy, I would've at least thrown them over a table or two (into the principal).  

BTW, is it worse that the child is Autistic?  I'm not even sure.

Good point. That award shouldn’t exist. Nor should the teacher exist in a school district.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:58 pm

Why would you give anyone an award that was most annoying.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:23 pm

Outrageous. A little common sense goes a long way. I read a story recently about a superintendent of some public school who was suspended because she brought a bottle of champagne to a principal's resignation (he'd worked there 40 years btw) at the administration building to celebrate. They toasted him and drank about a half glass each. But the Board suspended her for violating the school policy banning alcohol. Wtf.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down