Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who has had the best pro career off of our recent rose bowl team?

+3
Nordic
duffy munn
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Who has had the best pro career off of our recent rose bowl team?  Empty Who has had the best pro career off of our recent rose bowl team?

Post by DWags Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 20:27

The cook thread has me thinking. We have no stellar pros from that team. Conklin? Denard/Wayne’s? Langford had one good year. Lippett impressed me the most with learning a position in the pros. But from a squad I think could have won a NC, there aren’t any all star nfl players. We had some very good college players that maximized their talent but maybe didn’t grow in the NFL. Am I off here. I really believe we were the best football team in the land January 1 that year
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Who has had the best pro career off of our recent rose bowl team?  Empty Re: Who has had the best pro career off of our recent rose bowl team?

Post by duffy munn Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 21:47

No real stars but a lot of guys from that team/era have played in the NFL. Fowler, both Bulloughs, Thomas, Jones, Drummond, Burbridge and Mumphry all got regular season paychecks. In addition to the guys you named that's a ton of guys in the league from the same college team.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Who has had the best pro career off of our recent rose bowl team?  Empty Re: Who has had the best pro career off of our recent rose bowl team?

Post by Nordic Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 22:48

What happened to Langford? He had the speed and toughness to be an NFL starter IMO. He had a solid first year as you said and then fell off the map. I don't follow the NFL to know what happened to him.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 22:55

Isn't Conklin pretty solid?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed 12 Jun 2019 - 22:57

Langford finished last year with the Falcons, I think he even got some run in Week 17.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 13 Jun 2019 - 0:34

InTenSity wrote:Isn't Conklin pretty solid?

This
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 13 Jun 2019 - 1:11

I think the Titans didn’t pick up his fifth year. It might be his injury or the 12 million they’d have had to give him.

He’s had the most decorated career but my thoughts were that that team was great at the end of the season. Lot of players were great college players but really no stand outs. Conkli/Denard/Wayne’s I guess are the best.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 13 Jun 2019 - 2:20

Well DWags, I gotta go with senior packaging major Marty Sackrider. The three-time cheerleading letter winner from Livonia parlayed a significant amount of between-plays onscreen face time in Pasadena into a featured role with the Vegas dance troupe Thunder From Down Under, despite not having any Aussie blood in his family line. Marty is especially popular with the terminally divorced women from Scottsdale and Bakersfield, who come by the bus load to shove bills down Sackrider’s Speedo, before hitting the buffet line and then tugging on a different kind of one-armed bandit.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 13 Jun 2019 - 8:31

Who has had the best pro career off of our recent rose bowl team?  1966794946
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 13 Jun 2019 - 8:36

tGreenWay wrote:Well DWags, I gotta go with senior packaging major Marty Sackrider. The three-time cheerleading letter winner from Livonia parlayed a significant amount of between-plays onscreen face time in Pasadena into a featured role with the Vegas dance troupe Thunder From Down Under, despite not having any Aussie blood in his family line. Marty is especially popular with the terminally divorced women from Scottsdale and Bakersfield, who come by the bus load to shove bills down Sackrider’s Speedo, before hitting the buffet line and then tugging on a different kind of one-armed bandit.

Who has had the best pro career off of our recent rose bowl team?  502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down