Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

git yer football tickets for cheap fellas. MSU seats falling as low as 6 bucks a seat already

+10
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Wally Fairway
Robert J Sakimano
SawGreen
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
DWags
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

git yer football tickets for cheap fellas.  MSU seats falling as low as 6 bucks a seat already Empty git yer football tickets for cheap fellas. MSU seats falling as low as 6 bucks a seat already

Post by DWags Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 21:25

yeeeeeee hawwwwwwwww.

Give us a shitty schedule, you get cheap tickets.

Buy em if you don't got em.

some tickets are dropping big time already

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

git yer football tickets for cheap fellas.  MSU seats falling as low as 6 bucks a seat already Empty Re: git yer football tickets for cheap fellas. MSU seats falling as low as 6 bucks a seat already

Post by InTenSity Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 22:00

How shitty is the home schedule?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

git yer football tickets for cheap fellas.  MSU seats falling as low as 6 bucks a seat already Empty Re: git yer football tickets for cheap fellas. MSU seats falling as low as 6 bucks a seat already

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 22:03

InTenSity wrote:How shitty is the home schedule?

It’s very shitty intensity
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 22:15

It’s leave the sandals, wear your boots shitty.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 22:27

tGreenWay wrote:

It’s leave the sandals, wear your boots shitty.
Nothing could be that bad!
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 22:58

Improve the stadium experience
Sell booze
Stop being such nazis with tailgating
Score more than 13 points
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 23:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Improve the stadium experience
Sell booze

Honestly man this year it’s just the schedule. None of those other things are really a factor.

Maybe scoring 13 points. The other ones aren’t much of an impact.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 23:05

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Sell booze

Honestly man this year it’s just the schedule. None of those other things are really a factor.

You can either go through life stagnant or progress and improve.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 23:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Yeah sure fine but I don’t think many people care about those first things you listed when it comes to watching MSU play against Illinois and Akron
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 23:08

Yeah sure fine but I don’t think many people care about those first things you listed when it comes to watching MSU play against Illinois and Akron

One could argue that it would make those games (especially) a little more enjoyable to sit through.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 23:10

One could argue that it would make those games (especially) a little more enjoyable to sit through.

Not at $50 a pop. Most of the people who dropped season tickets will still probably go to many of the games, just aware that they can get tickets for $6 and there’s no need to pay more.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 23:20

Not at $50 a pop. Most of the people who dropped season tickets will still probably go to many of the games, just aware that they can get tickets for $6 and there’s no need to pay more.

Yeah, people are trying to dump their season tickets. I think it says the combined total of our opponents who we're playing at home was something like 40-47 last year.

Not interesting enough for the guy in Gaylord, to come down and want to see for the weekend. Also, to OTPT's point, I do think if they improved the weekend for travelers down in East Lansing, it would get the guy from Bad Axe and Clare to think about getting off the fence and maybe coming to a game. But you combine a shitty schedule, and the kill joy atmosphere in East Lansing, well, it's not exactly a formula for b ringing in the masses.

OTPT, to Travis point. If we sucked, and you brought in OSU UofM Notre Dame, and Wisconsin, you'd get those guys from 250 miles out to come to the games. We just don't have that this year.. Schedule sucks.

So, I'm saying you're both right and you're both wrong and I'm just so cool for putting it that way.

Fuck it. Get high, come to the games, have a bud light with Wags and Bob.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 23:26

DWags wrote:

Yeah, people are trying to dump their season tickets. I think it says the combined total of our opponents who we're playing at home was something like 40-47 last year.

Not interesting enough for the guy in Gaylord, to come down and want to see for the weekend. Also, to OTPT's point, I do think if they improved the weekend for travelers down in East Lansing, it would get the guy from Bad Axe and Clare to think about getting off the fence and maybe coming to a game. But you combine a shitty schedule, and the kill joy atmosphere in East Lansing, well, it's not exactly a formula for b ringing in the masses.

OTPT, to Travis point. If we sucked, and you brought in OSU UofM Notre Dame, and Wisconsin, you'd get those guys from 250 miles out to come to the games. We just don't have that this year.. Schedule sucks.

So, I'm saying you're both right and you're both wrong and I'm just so cool for putting it that way.

Parades are shitty.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 23:28

DWags wrote:

Parades are shitty.

So are the portajohns that they don't have enough of.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 23:30

DWags wrote:

Parades are shitty.

So are the portajohns that they don't have enough of.

Don’t try to keep this on topic.

Ketchup is the superior hot dog condiment.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 23:39

Sell booze

I love watching a great defense (on TV).
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 23:51

SawGreen wrote:

I love watching a great defense (on TV).

git yer football tickets for cheap fellas.  MSU seats falling as low as 6 bucks a seat already 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon 29 Jul 2019 - 23:57

D wags is right we are both right travis. Everyone on the swill is always right.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 0:26

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:D wags is right we are both right travis. Everyone on the swill is always right.

I love you
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 7:54

DWags wrote:

I'm Bob Sakimano and I approve this message.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 8:23

Open the bathrooms on campus
Open tailgating up earlier for late games (arrest drunks if you want to control problem drinking)
Open up the offense, it isn't against the rules to put up 30 or 40 against shitty teams
Quit scheduling shitty games both OOC and the B1G rotation sucks

I fixed most of OTPT's post - he was on the right track but still wiffed
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Not at $50 a pop. Most of the people who dropped season tickets will still probably go to many of the games, just aware that they can get tickets for $6 and there’s no need to pay more.
Travis is about 95% right - I had season tickets for over 20 years and did not renew this year, mainly because I'm tired of eating tickets for games that I can't go to and nobody is willing to pay face for Tulsa, Western, ASU, Illinois or Maryland and I'd go to maybe 2 of those. You might get face for Indiana (homecoming) and PSU....maybe.

I'm tired of giving them to "friends" or getting $20-$30 each for seats that cost over $50 (including seat license)....and i was in the cheap seats. North End zone, close to the field, "only" $25 seat license but it was going to be about $1,500 for my 4 seats.
No thanks - I'll go to 2-3 games (too many conflicts with kids, grandkids, life to go to every game anymore and some days I want to watch the game from my couch, pause the game and get a beer and go use my home pisser).

Oh yeah and all the late games really suck; you know why because of the 4 hour tailgating rule. I actually love the 4 o'clock games and even like the 7pm games, but I want to make a day of it. Show and park early, get a grill or smoker going, roll out the coolers, some snacks and wait for the ribs or burger/brats....but fuck those late games if I can't get into a lot until 4 hours before.
And while I'm at it fuck the Friday night opener - it was a cute trick the first couple of years, but again with the 4 hour parking lot rule and all the other bullshit rules.

Ahhh that felt good
Go Green

I'll probably go to pregame/tailgate most weekends - hope to see Bob running across campus
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 8:37

Wally Fairway wrote:

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Not at $50 a pop. Most of the people who dropped season tickets will still probably go to many of the games, just aware that they can get tickets for $6 and there’s no need to pay more.
Travis is about 95% right - I had season tickets for over 20 years and did not renew this year, mainly because I'm tired of eating tickets for games that I can't go to and nobody is willing to pay face for Tulsa, Western, ASU, Illinois or Maryland and I'd go to maybe 2 of those. You might get face for Indiana (homecoming) and PSU....maybe.

I'm tired of giving them to "friends" or getting $20-$30 each for seats that cost over $50 (including seat license)....and i was in the cheap seats. North End zone, close to the field, "only" $25 seat license but it was going to be about $1,500 for my 4 seats.
No thanks - I'll go to 2-3 games (too many conflicts with kids, grandkids, life to go to every game anymore and some days I want to watch the game from my couch, pause the game and get a beer and go use my home pisser).

Oh yeah and all the late games really suck; you know why because of the 4 hour tailgating rule. I actually love the 4 o'clock games and even like the 7pm games, but I want to make a day of it. Show and park early, get a grill or smoker going, roll out the coolers, some snacks and wait for the ribs or burger/brats....but fuck those late games if I can't get into a lot until 4 hours before.
And while I'm at it fuck the Friday night opener - it was a cute trick the first couple of years, but again with the 4 hour parking lot rule and all the other bullshit rules.

Ahhh that felt good
Go Green

I'll probably go to pregame/tailgate most weekends - hope to see Bob running across campus

4 hour tailgate rule?

Suspect
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 8:55

NigelUno wrote:4 hour tailgate rule?

Suspect

whatever the number is - open the tailgate at the same time every game and let people make it their day if they want, your right it is 1pm lots open for night games. But i dont' want to start my football Saturday at 1pm, and have you seen the lines to get into lots at 1pm?
At 1pm I want to have my food on the grill, first batch ready to come off and sit around with friends then stroll around campus to visit other tailgates.

Again - the rules are arbitrary and a horrible solution because of a few falling down obnoxious drunks and a lack of access to indoor plumbing.

Okay I looked it up -  7am for noon/1pm kicks; 9am for afternoon kicks and 1pm for night kicks (except that shitty Friday game which is 3:30 lots open)

There used to be people who would get there super early (like 5am) for noon kicks - fire up a breakfast on the grill, set up your canopy get snacks out and ready and then have some brats before the game.
Ask WBH how early he'd set up that big ass smoker he rolls in for some games....that is if they allowed it.

But back to the ticket price issue - it isn't due to tailgating rules, it is more about the schedule and that all games on TV
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 9:00

Wally Fairway wrote:
NigelUno wrote:4 hour tailgate rule?

Suspect

whatever the number is - open the tailgate at the same time every game and let people make it their day if they want, your right it is 1pm lots open for night games. But i dont' want to start my football Saturday at 1pm, and have you seen the lines to get into lots at 1pm?
At 1pm I want to have my food on the grill, first batch ready to come off and sit around with friends then stroll around campus to visit other tailgates.

Again - the rules are arbitrary and a horrible solution because of a few falling down obnoxious drunks and a lack of access to indoor plumbing.

Okay I looked it up -  7am for noon/1pm kicks; 9am for afternoon kicks and 1pm for night kicks (except that shitty Friday game which is 3:30 lots open)

There used to be people who would get there super early (like 5am) for noon kicks - fire up a breakfast on the grill, set up your canopy get snacks out and ready and then have some brats before the game.
Ask WBH how early he'd set up that big ass smoker he rolls in for some games....that is if they allowed it.

But back to the ticket price issue - it isn't due to tailgating rules, it is more about the schedule and that all games on TV

Sorry Wally, you will now be known as 4 hour tailgate guy in Nigel's mind. Forever and always.

FYI: The Methodist church parking lot off of Trowbridge & Harrison is just off campus and you can show up whenever you want. Some go-hards bring in their RV's the night before.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 9:04

When the Methodist church off campus is the place to go to enjoy tailgating without the rules git yer football tickets for cheap fellas.  MSU seats falling as low as 6 bucks a seat already 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 9:05

Wally Fairway wrote:

Ahhh that felt good
Go Green

hope so too.

I usually run in the mornings.. the I'll clean up a bit and walk over to Grand River, around campus. Haven't been to a game in a few years - I typically watch the band come into the stadium and make it home before kick-off.

I know I'm about to commit blasphemy but I prefer noon kick-offs.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 9:06

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:When the Methodist church off campus is the place to go to enjoy tailgating without the rules git yer football tickets for cheap fellas.  MSU seats falling as low as 6 bucks a seat already 502811600
git yer football tickets for cheap fellas.  MSU seats falling as low as 6 bucks a seat already 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 9:07

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:When the Methodist church off campus is the place to go to enjoy tailgating without the rules git yer football tickets for cheap fellas.  MSU seats falling as low as 6 bucks a seat already 502811600

It's the wild west out there man. As long as you aren't fucking up everyone else's experience they don't give a shit what you do. :smokesmilie:
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 9:18

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Sorry Wally, you will now be known as 4 hour tailgate guy in Nigel's mind. Forever and always.

FYI: The Methodist church parking lot off of Trowbridge & Harrison is just off campus and you can show up whenever you want. Some go-hards bring in their RV's the night before.

Does the Methodist church open their doors and let tailgaters use indoor plumbing....I mean that's a legit question, I hate having to time how long the line a the port'oshitter is vs. how bad I have to piss.

Ahh - fuck it, maybe I'll just be more like Bob and come in for the band marching in and avoid all the traffic problems caused by construction all around the stadium.
I hope whatever it is they're doing at the old smokestack is nice, that seems like a pretty prime spot on campus.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 9:24

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

It's the wild west out there man. As long as you aren't fucking up everyone else's experience they don't give a shit what you do. :smokesmilie:
plus, if you run out of quinoa and kale salad, infused with Nepalese goat oil, you can walk your sandal-wearin' ass self over to Fresh Thyme for a refill.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 9:33

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:

Sorry Wally, you will now be known as 4 hour tailgate guy in Nigel's mind. Forever and always.

He mentioned a 4 hour tailgate rule...3 times in a post...seemed pretty mad about it. I thought maybe something changed...or he didn't know what the fuck he was talking about.

Either way...I guess now he knows there's not a 4 hour tailgate rule (since he looked it up)...so his tailgating experience is now improved...all thanks to me.

I appreciate the keen insight you bring to the board.

P.S.  Goose says hi.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 9:58

I want 2 lowers between the 30s for Tulsa. Hook me up Swill. Gotta get Junior hooked on Lewerke.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 10:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

plus, if you run out of quinoa and kale salad, infused with  Nepalese goat oil, you can walk your sandal-wearin' ass self over to Fresh Thyme for a refill.

Fuck Fresh Thyme. Goodrich's for life, yo!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 10:25

Wally Fairway wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Sorry Wally, you will now be known as 4 hour tailgate guy in Nigel's mind. Forever and always.

Does the Methodist church open their doors and let tailgaters use indoor plumbing....I mean that's a legit question, I hate having to time how long the line a the port'oshitter is vs. how bad I have to piss.

Ahh - fuck it, maybe I'll just be more like Bob and come in for the band marching in and avoid all the traffic problems caused by construction all around the stadium.
I hope whatever it is they're doing at the old smokestack is nice, that seems like a pretty prime spot on campus.

Yep. It's a solid setup they have. They sell cookies and shit like that for the kids too.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 17:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I want 2 lowers between the 30s for Tulsa. Hook me up Swill. Gotta get Junior hooked on Lewerke.

How old is WBH II? - this is 8th grade & younger
$60 - 3 tickets to the Western game and misc other Green&White stuff

https://msuspartans.com/sports/2019/7/10/junior-spartans-club.aspx

It's a good deal, because you won't get seats for lowers but you can sure as hell sit there....teach him a ticket is to get in the gate, sit wherever you find an open seat that you like.

Also when hockey was horrible (when my kids were young enough) they'd throw tickets to those games at you on a random basis, maybe a couple of times a year.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 30 Jul 2019 - 17:28

Sell booze

That's about .50¢ a point bro. Bargain.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 15:07

Seat Geek is showing tickets starting at $5 for tomorrow, lower bowl might be a bit more

If that is too steep a price, Maryland games starting price is $2 (and those are lower bowl

State of crisis, need to win the next 4 games to show the ship can be righted without getting a new captain.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 15:10

Wally Fairway wrote:Seat Geek is showing tickets starting at $5 for tomorrow, lower bowl might be a bit more

If that is too steep a price, Maryland games starting price is $2 (and those are lower bowl

State of crisis, need to win the next 4 games to show the ship can be righted without getting a new captain.

I’m not sure the ship can be saved. Hope it all works out but it’s bad. Bummer.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 15:16

lower corner, row 24 for $6.00 on StubHub.

a 20 oz. Labatt at The Peanut Barrel before the game is $4.50.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 15:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:lower corner, row 24 for $6.00 on StubHub.

a 20 oz. Labatt at The Peanut Barrel before the game is $4.50.

This is what tickets should always cost!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next