Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you give up legal guardianship of your kids to get them into college?

+3
GRR Spartan
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
7 posters

Go down

Would you give up legal guardianship of your kids to get them into college? Empty Would you give up legal guardianship of your kids to get them into college?

Post by Turtleneck 2019-07-30, 11:19

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/30/parents-exploit-legal-loophole-to-get-their-kids-more-college-aid.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain

First there was the college admissions scandal earlier this year, which revealed the elaborate lengths wealthy parents will go to get their children into elite schools, including faking a learning disability and forking over $1.2 million.

Now another trend shows what some parents will do to fatten the financial aid their children receive, even if they may not need it.

Dozens of parents in Chicago have transferred legal guardianship of their high school-aged children to someone else — often, a friend or relative— so that their children can declare themselves as financially independent from them, likely enhancing their eligibility for federal, state and university aid. ProPublica Illinois first reported the news.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Would you give up legal guardianship of your kids to get them into college? Empty Re: Would you give up legal guardianship of your kids to get them into college?

Post by tGreenWay 2019-07-30, 11:26

As long as I can still inflict corporal punishment on them, sure.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Would you give up legal guardianship of your kids to get them into college? Empty Re: Would you give up legal guardianship of your kids to get them into college?

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-08-02, 07:14

More things college admissions and financial aids offices will have to address.

It’s like declaring bankruptcy with your child
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-08-02, 07:23

Jesus. Our country suck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-08-02, 08:40

Is this what OTPT's parents did when they gave guardianship to Bob?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-02, 09:40

duffy munn wrote:Is this what OTPT's parents did when they gave guardianship to Bob?

Would you give up legal guardianship of your kids to get them into college? 502811600

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-08-02, 09:46

duffy munn wrote:Is this what OTPT's parents did when they gave guardianship to Bob?

lol!

I’m glad they didn’t, I could have been stuck in East Lansing for my entire life.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-02, 09:55

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

lol!

I’m glad they didn’t, I could have been stuck in East Lansing for my entire life.

Did they purchase Bob's deluxe guardianship plan that comes with beer money for road games, or was that out of the kindness of his heart?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-08-02, 10:27

lol!

Nah. Bob would bought you some khakis, given you money for craft beer and let you move Up North.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-08-02, 10:57

lol!

Listening to the Boss, shoveling snow and drinking PBR.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-08-02, 11:07

DWags wrote:

lol!

Listening to the Boss, shoveling snow and drinking PBR.

Would you give up legal guardianship of your kids to get them into college? 502811600 Could be worse.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2019-08-02, 15:39

YES. and what was the last part about college?
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-08-02, 16:10

goodbar wrote:YES. and what was the last part about college?

Would you give up legal guardianship of your kids to get them into college? 502811600 Would you give up legal guardianship of your kids to get them into college? 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down