Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

But the tariffs

+3
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Turtleneck
7 posters

Go down

But the tariffs Empty But the tariffs

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-20, 11:27

Up to 200 being temporarily laid off at Michigan US Steel plant, with layoffs also planned for an Indiana plant. Reason given? Low prices combined with low demand.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/19/us-steel-plans-to-lay-off-hundreds-of-workers-in-michigan.html
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

But the tariffs Empty Re: But the tariffs

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-20, 11:34

I read an article recently that farmers are sticking with Trump on his tradewar and they also acknowledged the tariffs were hurting them. Also, the experts I read on the tradeware especially Paul Krugman state there's no strategy to the tradeware and Trump doesn't know what he's doing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-20, 11:35

But I heard he is a stable fiscal genius.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-20, 11:37

Turtleneck wrote:But I heard he is a stable fiscal genius.

they are selling new hats that say 'Keep America Great' and at his last kkk rally he said that if you don't elect him the economy will crash, so even if you don't like him you have no other choice. Yep, he's a genius.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-08-20, 12:49

steveschneider wrote:I read an article recently that farmers are sticking with Trump on his tradewar and they also acknowledged the tariffs were hurting them. Also, the experts I read on the tradeware especially Paul Krugman state there's no strategy to the tradeware and Trump doesn't know what he's doing.
racism, bigotry and misogyny > personal financial interests.

which is why the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is giving farmers government handouts.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-20, 13:19

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I read an article recently that farmers are sticking with Trump on his tradewar and they also acknowledged the tariffs were hurting them. Also, the experts I read on the tradeware especially Paul Krugman state there's no strategy to the tradeware and Trump doesn't know what he's doing.

which is why the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is giving farmers government handouts.

Should I even feel bad for these people that stand by him but end up getting hit the hardest by his trade war?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-08-20, 15:24

Farmers are getting paid by you to stick with Trump.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-20, 15:24

We’ve been in a manufacturing recession for months.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-08-20, 15:33

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Should I even feel bad for these people that stand by him but end up getting hit the hardest by his trade war?
it's hard too.. especially when it's rooted in racism, bigotry and hate.

if someone was duped by him and the mainstream media (her emails!!) back in 2016 and now recognize and acknowledge it, I'm cool with that. The ones who are still with him at this point are simply really bad people. Hard for me to feel bad for them.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-08-20, 15:47

I wish I could find a link to the stats I saw last night.

They went something like Chinese tariffs of U.S. goods have increased from 8% to 20% this year, while Chinese tariffs on non-U.S. goods have fallen from something higher than 6.5% to that.

So, we're apparently subsidizing the tariffs imposed on goods that China imports from the other 193 countries in the world.

We have to reelect Trump. We really have no choice.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-20, 15:51

Before I moved to South Carolina about a year in a half ago my deodorant was $3.69. It’s now $5.12. Has to be made in China?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-08-20, 16:08

kingstonlake wrote:Before I moved to South Carolina about a year in a half ago my deodorant was $3.69. It’s now $5.12. Has to be made in China?
the plastic container might be. Not sure about the actual substance.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-20, 16:09

Just stop wearing deodorant. Go natural.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-08-20, 16:19

kingstonlake wrote:Before I moved to South Carolina about a year in a half ago my deodorant was $3.69. It’s now $5.12. Has to be made in China?
I can only use one type of deodorant, otherwise it irritates my skin. It is one of the Old Spice brands. Anyway, I swear a year ago it was $3.49, maybe  $3.99, it is now $5.25 or so. I've stopped wearing deodorant.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-20, 17:07

Meijer has a nice salmon crab meat griller. Was $8.99 in the spring, then $9.99, now $10.99. Not sure if it’s an import salmon. I’ll have to check.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-20, 17:07

InTenSity wrote:
I can only use one type of deodorant, otherwise it irritates my skin. It is one of the Old Spice brands. Anyway, I swear a year ago it was $3.49, maybe  $3.99, it is now $5.25 or so. I've stopped wearing deodorant.

I use the old spice Timber flavor, lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-20, 17:10

InTenSity wrote:

Good for you. I have not worn deodorant, brushed my teeth, or showered in 4 months. It feels great.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-08-20, 18:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
the plastic container might be. Not sure about the actual substance.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trumps-latest-tariff-hike-on-chinese-goods-will-hit-the-toy-industry-and-electronics-2019-05-10

"Francine Lamoriello, executive vice president of global strategies at the Personal Care Products Council, the trade association for America’s cosmetics and personal care products industry, said products like soap, manicure items and deodorant were all on the list of goods affected by the tariffs..."
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-08-20, 19:03

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: the plastic container might be. Not sure about the actual substance.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trumps-latest-tariff-hike-on-chinese-goods-will-hit-the-toy-industry-and-electronics-2019-05-10

"Francine Lamoriello, executive vice president of global strategies at the Personal Care Products Council, the trade association for America’s cosmetics and personal care products industry, said products like soap, manicure items and deodorant were all on the list of goods affected by the tariffs..."

Well there ya go. If only there was a ground swell movement that was focused on race government spending and economic common sense.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down