Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Popeye’s new chicken sandwich vs Chil Fil A

+13
Floyd Robertson
StylesGShmooth
y2kMgrad
Death Roe
Turtleneck
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
The Pantry
steveschneider
duffy munn
Robert J Sakimano
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Popeye’s new chicken sandwich vs Chil Fil A  Empty Popeye’s new chicken sandwich vs Chil Fil A

Post by tGreenWay Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:38 pm

I can’t believe this is really a thing, but to quote Bob: America is a stupid country.
Popeyes' new chicken sandwich is selling out daily in Lansing

https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/news/local/2019/08/21/popeyes-chicken-sandwich-lansing-sold-out/2076005001/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Popeye’s new chicken sandwich vs Chil Fil A  Empty Re: Popeye’s new chicken sandwich vs Chil Fil A

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:39 pm

I've heard about this. I guess I will have to try it.

I recently hit up Hattie B's in Nashville. It was pretty good and lived up to the hype.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Popeye’s new chicken sandwich vs Chil Fil A  Empty Re: Popeye’s new chicken sandwich vs Chil Fil A

Post by tGreenWay Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:41 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I've heard about this. I guess I will have to try it.

I recently hit up Hattie B's in Nashville. It was pretty good and lived up to the hype.

You really don’t have to try it. Also, I’ve never heard of Hattie B’s.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:31 am

Sign me up for the deep-fried jesus hate sandwich with a side of cardiac bypass surgery, a diet homophobia.. and you can go ahead and supersize the racism.

thanks.. I'll pull around to the 1st window.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:06 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Sign me up for the deep-fried jesus hate sandwich with a side of cardiac bypass surgery, a diet homophobia.. and you can go ahead and supersize the racism.

They are closed on sunday. Just a heads up.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:08 am

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Sign me up for the deep-fried jesus hate sandwich with a side of cardiac bypass surgery, a diet homophobia.. and you can go ahead and supersize the racism.

They are closed on sunday. Just a heads up.
that's okay, 'cause I spend all day at church, anyway.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:01 am

Is fast food in style? Before I quit twitter I saw a poster named Isaac posting polls and reviews of fast food places.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:43 pm

No matter how good it is claimed to be, the shitty Popeyes closest to my location would find a way to fuck it up. #Nevergoingback
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:25 pm

Arguing over the better fast food chicken sandwich. Definitely white trash.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:46 pm

I can't believe the hype behind this thing. I am determined to try it. Will have a report within a week.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:01 pm

Popeyes v. Chick Fil A is Tyson in his prime v. Sylvester Stallone. Not rocky. The actor. I haven’t eaten either in years but Popeyes all day and twice on Sunday (not just because Chick we hate the gays Fil A is closed, either)
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:23 pm

The Pantry wrote:No matter how good it is claimed to be, the shitty Popeyes closest to my location would find a way to fuck it up. #Nevergoingback

Popeye’s new chicken sandwich vs Chil Fil A  502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Popeyes vs. Chick-fil-A

Popeyes has a better breading than Chick-fil-A for sure

Howeva Max Kellerman, Chick-fil-A has a much better bun, juicier meat, and a better spice. Better customer service, too.

Both are fantastic sandwiches, but Chick-fil-A is the king for a reason.

We’re going to look back on this like the Furby and wonder why we even loved it that much to line up to buy it.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:48 pm

Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:26 pm

https://twitter.com/roywoodjr/status/1164365052578676736

[tw]1164365052578676736[/tw]
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:25 pm

KFC is disgusting.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:26 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I can't believe the hype behind this thing. I am determined to try it. Will have a report within a week.
Get it at the drivethru at the Popeyes around 14½ mile on Van Dyke Popeye’s new chicken sandwich vs Chil Fil A  276803595
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:37 pm

Rocinante wrote:KFC is disgusting.
KFC>>>>>Churchs>>>>>Popeyes>>>>>>>>Chicken Shack

Never tried Chick-Fil-A. They're relatively new to Michigan.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:13 pm

Literally all of your opinions are trash, Pantry.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:56 pm

People tell me libs love KFC.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:10 pm

Rocinante wrote:Literally all of your opinions are trash, Pantry.
Thanks. Nice to know you dumb punk bitches still disagree.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:53 am

[tw]1166000284641976325[/tw]

lol
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:05 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1166000284641976325[/tw]

lol

Floyd, hypothetically speaking, what if (and that's a major what it) it actually tasted good? Would you give it a try?
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:10 am

Senior Dickfist wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1166000284641976325[/tw]

lol

Floyd, hypothetically speaking, what if (and that's a major what it) it actually tasted good? Would you give it a try?

I'm all for increasing plant-based diets. Hell, I'd say that 90% of my diet is plant-based, and most of my protein comes from chicken (or the egg).

But...

1) Deep fried plants doesn't make it healthier.
2) If you want to eat it because it's better for global warming, good for you.
3) FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND COUNTRY CAN WE NOT CALL THEM PLANT-BASED MEATS.

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:14 am

Senior Dickfist wrote:

So, I heard a podcast. It puts the "engineered meat alternatives" into perspective. This shit isn't "veggie burgers". They are trying to get it as close to "real" as possible, with an economic rationale vs. a hippy dippy vegan-tarian reasons. It costs a lot to make animals and a whole lot less to make plants. (resources-wise)

I automatically trust the motives of someone based on economic factors over weenie "meat is murder" types, and therefore am willing to give this stuff a fair shake. (of course if it is gross/weird/different, the deal is off... back to real dead flesh.)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:20 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:
Floyd, hypothetically speaking, what if (and that's a major what it) it actually tasted good?  Would you give it a try?

So, I heard a podcast. It puts the "engineered meat alternatives" into perspective. This shit isn't "veggie burgers". They are trying to get it as close to "real" as possible, with an economic rationale vs. a hippy dippy vegan-tarian reasons. It costs a lot to make animals and a whole lot less to make plants. (resources-wise)

I automatically trust the motives of someone based on economic factors over weenie "meat is murder" types, and therefore am willing to give this stuff a fair shake. (of course if it is gross/weird/different, the deal is off... back to real dead flesh.)

From what I understand, the key is the texture. Apparently, they try to make the actual patty for the Impossible Whopper as flavorless as possible, and let the flavor come from everything else in the burger. I would think the same might well go for fake chicken, just get the texture right and allow the breading and dipping sauce (if applicable) to do the heavy lifting as far as flavor goes.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:44 pm

Cameron wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

From what I understand, the key is the texture. Apparently, they try to make the actual patty for the Impossible Whopper as flavorless as possible, and let the flavor come from everything else in the burger. I would think the same might well go for fake chicken, just get the texture right and allow the breading and dipping sauce (if applicable) to do the heavy lifting as far as flavor goes.
I think it was Freakenomics podcast... Had the creator of "impossible" on.

He said the biggest issue was getting the iron/umami meat taste into the product... they went around and around in the lab with different ideas... then found a similar taste in (maybe) soy bean roots, or some sort of "waste product" of a different crop.
When they made that podcast they said Chicken was on the table too.

Their goal is to make the same tasting/feel product way cheaper then the animal route (cause steak is freaking expensive). If it ever gets to that, I'm sold. Not cause it will save the planet, because it's cheaper and eats the same. (unlike veggie burgers or whatever)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:07 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I think it was Freakenomics podcast... Had the creator of "impossible" on.

He said the biggest issue was getting the iron/umami meat taste into the product... they went around and around in the lab with different ideas... then found a similar taste in (maybe) soy bean roots, or some sort of "waste product" of a different crop.
When they made that podcast they said Chicken was on the table too.

Their goal is to make the same tasting/feel product way cheaper then the animal route (cause steak is freaking expensive). If it ever gets to that, I'm sold. Not cause it will save the planet, because it's cheaper and eats the same. (unlike veggie burgers or whatever)

I'm with you. I'm not gonna pay extra for an Impossible Whopper (maybe once to try it out, but not regularly), but get the flavor 90% there and get the cost down, and I'm on board.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:17 pm

Cameron wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Texture is key for me. I’ve tried those Morningstar Farms Grillers, and it’s a decent substitute for real ground meat in tacos. The other flavors take over.
Was at a wedding over the weekend and there was vegan bbq pork next to regular smoked pulled pork. Tried them both and liked both. The vegan pork was actually jackfruit, and I was impressed at the similar texture. And since it’s bbq, the flavor didn’t deviate from the real stuff. Then again, I don’t eat a lot of pork, so maybe some of the more experienced Swillers would know and spit it out, if in fact they were open to trying it in the first place.
Anyway, jackfruit made for good conversation among strangers for a short time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:04 pm

Cameron wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

I mean... What does chicken breast taste like without some serious marinade or sauce anyway?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:55 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I mean... What does chicken breast taste like without some serious marinade or sauce anyway?

Very true.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:09 pm

One of the lads in my golf league is some kind of restaurant consultant or improvement person for Popeye's corporate. Apparently all of the metro Detroit restaurants are out of this sandwich and they aren't getting more for 2 weeks.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:27 pm

I like the idea of making mock meat out of plants. Assuming it is done in a healthy way. I sure as hell love eating animals, but if there ways to incorporate healthy veggies more that taste good I’m all on board.

Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:59 pm

does jesus make vegetables??

if so, I hope he can make a good deep-fried hate-burger patty.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:23 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:does jesus make vegetables??

Hate adds a lot of flavor.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:39 pm

Sounds like there's a chicken sandwich war going on. Remember the cola wars back in the 80's that aint shit compared to this.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:44 pm

I'm going to remain neutral during this chicken sandwich war.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:56 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:does jesus make vegetables??

Hate adds a lot of flavor.
"a sandwich without hate is not a sandwich at all".

Sir Chick-Fil-A
1867 AD
#MAGA
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:58 pm

steveschneider wrote:I'm going to remain neutral during this chicken sandwich war.

Fucking Switzerland Steve.

I've had two fast food chicken sandwiches ever, that I remember anyway. McDonald's (fucking disgusting) and Wendy's (pretty decent). I'm voting Wendy's.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:03 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I'm going to remain neutral during this chicken sandwich war.

Fucking Switzerland Steve.

I've had two fast food chicken sandwiches ever, that I remember anyway. McDonald's (fucking disgusting) and Wendy's (pretty decent). I'm voting Wendy's.

My experience fast food and delivery chain pizza Little Caesars, Pizza Hut and Dominos is usually diarrhea. Maybe if they give me some complimentary pepto bismol I'll check out a sandwich.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next