Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you do if somebody called you a bedbug?

+2
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
6 posters

Go down

What would you do if somebody called you a bedbug? Empty What would you do if somebody called you a bedbug?

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-28, 17:23

Would you invite the person to your house and dare them to call you a bedbug to your face? Would you email the person's boss and get them in trouble at work for making such a "dehumanizing" comment? Or would you let it go because it's not really offensive or a big deal; like who cares if somebody calls you an insect.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/ny-times-columnist-bret-stephens-to-twitter-critic-come-to-my-home-and-call-me-a-bedbug-to-my-face

Also, this guy likes to write op-eds about snowflakes and people who take offense to everything.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What would you do if somebody called you a bedbug? Empty Re: What would you do if somebody called you a bedbug?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-08-28, 17:33

Shut up bedbug

#bedbugturtleneck #bedbugneck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

What would you do if somebody called you a bedbug? Empty Re: What would you do if somebody called you a bedbug?

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-28, 17:37

This is an outrage. How dare you. Why don't you come to my house, meet me and my dog, and then say it to my face? I will be calling all the employers in Michigan until I find out where you work.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-28, 17:37

...and employers in Cincinnati since you spend so much time there.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-28, 17:38

You both are bedbugs. I bet you sucked each other's blood in a bedbug orgy. You two are disgusting.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-28, 17:40

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:You both are bedbugs. I bet you sucked each other's blood in a bedbug orgy. You two are disgusting.

Ok, that is a little disturbing, bro.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-28, 17:41

Also, do you know what they call bedbugs in France? Greenways. For real.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-08-28, 17:54

Turtleneck wrote:Also, do you know what they call bedbugs in France? Greenways. For real.

lol, même pas près, perdant.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-08-28, 17:56

Turtleneck wrote:This is an outrage. How dare you. Why don't you come to my house, meet me and my dog, and then say it to my face? I will be calling all the employers in Michigan until I find out where you work.

Let me know your address. I’ll be there.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-28, 18:15

I don’t think Bret Stephens writes about outrage culture or snow flakes that’s Bari weiss.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-08-28, 18:32

OT season is over
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-28, 18:34

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:OT season is over

Hahaha!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-08-28, 19:21

Turtleneck wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:You both are bedbugs. I bet you sucked each other's blood in a bedbug orgy. You two are disgusting.

Ok, that is a little disturbing, bro.

Turtleneck's line is a blood swapping bedbug orgy. Good to know.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-28, 19:56

steveschneider wrote:I don’t think Bret Stephens writes about outrage culture or snow flakes that’s Bari weiss.

From Stephens using column space to complain about Yale:

Hence the new campus mores. Before an idea can be evaluated on its intrinsic merits, it must first be considered in light of its political ramifications. Before a speaker can be invited to campus for the potential interest of what he might have to say, he must first pass the test of inoffensiveness. Before a student can think and talk for himself, he must first announce and represent his purported identity. Before a historical figure can be judged by the standards of his time, he must first be judged by the standards of our time.

All this is meant to make students “safe.” In fact, it leaves them fatally exposed. It emboldens offense-takers, promotes doublethink, coddles ignorance. It gets in the way of the muscular exchange of honest views in the service of seeking truth. Above all, it deprives the young of the training for independent mindedness that schools like Yale are supposed to provide.

He has a history of implying people are too sensitive. He does it a lot. In other news, he quit Twitter over this.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-08-28, 21:17

Steve, here is the time he thought sexual assault victims needed to be tougher, and likely stretched the truth to make his point.

[tw]1145128036150513664[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-08-28, 23:05

I stand corrected. I thought his schtick was to write about climate change as a denier and then point out how everyone having a melt down and cancelling their subscription didn’t even read the column. Btw I’m not a big fan of his. I read a few columns and thought he was a big moron.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down