Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Called Comcast

+18
The Pantry
steveschneider
SpartanInNH
75alum
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
MiamiSpartan
xsanguine
pulling69
WCSparty
DWags
kingstonlake
StylesGShmooth
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rodeo Burger
Heat Miser
NigelUno
InTenSity
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Called Comcast Empty Called Comcast

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-25, 21:51

Looking to see what deals I could get from those blood suckers. I told the rep what directv was offering, she said it doesn't matter they don't compete with anyone. I'm like Wtf do you mean? The rep had the ****ing balls to tell me they don't have to compete with anyone. I asked if she knows she is telling me they're a monopoly, and she just said yup, we don't have to deal with any competition.

I was speechless, what should I have done?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Called Comcast Empty Re: Called Comcast

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-25, 21:57

You have Comcast now?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-25, 21:58

Get DTV
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-25, 22:05

The association pays to have Comcast. I've always had them. I was arguing on the behalf of neighbors. Got $50 off for one, but only $20 for another.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-09-25, 22:10

Call back tomorrow.

I saw an AMA on Reddit with a Comcast rep, and they do get their bonuses based on how much business they retain. If you got a shitty rep, he has nothing to give.

The key is not cancelling a service, as opposed to packages. In other words, if you have TV, internet and phone, threaten to cancel one or all of them. I actually added phone (good for the rep) to lower my bill.

What sucks is I'll have to do it all again in about 15 months. No respect for loyalty.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-09-25, 22:13

Heat Miser wrote:Get DTV

I've had DTV and Dish since the first time I had Comcast.

Neither satellite company was worth a shit to me, and that was before internet download speeds meant anything.

Even though I'm on a hill with a 2 1/2 story house, with no obstructions, I would lose service with the slightest rain. A storm and I just knew the TV/internet didn't work.

I need Comcast, and they know it.

Hoping for Google Fiber some day. Grand Rapids was a finalist for it's expansion, but didn't get the nod.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-25, 22:45

FUCK COMCAST

Called them today. 45 minute phone call. My internet likes to go out every 5 ****ing minutes. After all that bullshit ****ing troubleshooting that I could have done myself, guess what happens after I hang up the phone? 5 minutes later? ****ing internet ****ing disconnects.

Probably going to call those motherfuckers tomorrow. What should I say? Fuck Comcast.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-25, 22:51

I blame the capitalist fucker's, they defend this shit and tall against communism. All hail the mighty dollar and Fuck the consumer.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2014-09-26, 00:53

I have Comcast and I ****ing hate it. Had U-Verse before I moved but not avaiable here. No line of sight for Dish or DTV. My interent ****ing blows. Goes out periodically. They claim it's fast but my speedtest.net history states otherwise. Moving again after football season, can't wait for that ****ing battle.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-09-26, 01:11

Corporate states of America. Swallow it down.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-26, 01:19

kingstonlake wrote:Corporate states of America. Swallow it down.

Yup. Merica.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-09-26, 01:37

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:FUCK COMCAST

Called them today. 45 minute phone call. My internet likes to go out every 5 ****ing minutes. After all that bullshit ****ing troubleshooting that I could have done myself, guess what happens after I hang up the phone? 5 minutes later? ****ing internet ****ing disconnects.

Probably going to call those motherfuckers tomorrow. What should I say? Fuck Comcast.

Glad you could slip this post in before it went out again.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-09-26, 01:55

Comcast is just like Apple Called Comcast 1966794946  All the poor people getting butt hurt because extremely successful companies  price them right out.  Every one says they don't have cable or go with another company because they suck.  Let's be honest, it's because you can't afford it and you are a flaming liberal that feels like an entitled little punk.  No other cable company can compete with Comcast's X1 dvr box, sports packages, on demand, online content, premium channels and internet service.  They even now have millions of wi-fi hot spots around the country for comcast subscribers.  They are absolutely correct to tell you to fuckk off, they are a very successful company and do not need another person to baby sit to pay their bills.  They are way above every one in internet service and TV.  I have comcast as you can imagine (cause I'm not poor) and I pay 140 a month for my super fast internet and baller tv package ( I get 60 mbps download speed when I do test online, fast as fuckk).   Don't be mad at comcast because you are poor, be mad at yourself.  However, calling comcast to whine is such a rookie mistake to begin with.  An experienced consumer with money would know that you always do the online chat which is way faster and easier.  You can then exit out and create as many chats with new people as possible looking for the best deal.  Stick with me kid, I ball and win for a living. Called Comcast 328670334

Last edited by SpartanDawgs265 on 2014-09-26, 02:06; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-09-26, 02:05

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Comcast is just like Apple Called Comcast 1966794946  All the poor people getting butt hurt because extremely successful companies  price them right out.  Every one says they don't have cable or go with another company because they suck.  Let's be honest, it's because you can't afford it and you are a flaming liberal that feels like an entitled little punk.  No other cable company can compete with Comcast's X1 dvr box, sports packages, on demand, online content, premium channels and internet service.  They even now have millions of wi-fi hot spots around the country for comcast subscribers.  They are absolutely correct to tell you to fuckk off, they are a very successful company and do not need another person to baby sit to pay their bills.  They are way above every one in internet service and TV.  I have comcast as you can imagine (cause I'm not poor) and I pay 140 a month for my super fast internet and baller tv package.   Don't be mad at comcast because you are poor, be mad at yourself.  However, calling comcast to whine is such a rookie mistake to begin with.  An experienced consumer with money would know that you always do the online chat which is way faster and easier.  You can then exit out and create as many chats with new people as possible looking for the best deal.  Stick with me kid, I ball and win for a living. Called Comcast 328670334

Lot of words. Anybody wanna help me out?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WCSparty 2014-09-26, 02:10

His mom pays too much for cable.
WCSparty
WCSparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-09-26, 02:14

WCSparty wrote:His mom pays too much for cable.

I'm not poor bro, I have one of the best tv and internet packages comcast can offer.  Too much is not in my vocabulary. Called Comcast 3493939353
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-09-26, 02:18

You bitch ass fools need to move to an area with Fios.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-09-26, 02:24

pulling69 wrote:You bitch ass fools need to move to an area with Fios.

I don't know much about FIOS. Probably lacks in the DVR box though and tv programming.....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-09-26, 02:30

SpartanDawgs265 wrote: No other cable company is allowed to compete with Comcast's X1 dvr box, sports packages, on demand, online content, premium channels and internet service.  

Fixed a part of that for you, my homie.

Too bad "free market" is a pejorative.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-26, 02:51

That was a bad post. Sorry Ross.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-09-26, 03:11

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:Comcast is just like Apple Called Comcast 1966794946  All the poor people getting butt hurt because extremely successful companies  price them right out.  Every one says they don't have cable or go with another company because they suck.  Let's be honest, it's because you can't afford it and you are a flaming liberal that feels like an entitled little punk.  No other cable company can compete with Comcast's X1 dvr box, sports packages, on demand, online content, premium channels and internet service.  They even now have millions of wi-fi hot spots around the country for comcast subscribers.  They are absolutely correct to tell you to fuckk off, they are a very successful company and do not need another person to baby sit to pay their bills.  They are way above every one in internet service and TV.  I have comcast as you can imagine (cause I'm not poor) and I pay 140 a month for my super fast internet and baller tv package ( I get 60 mbps download speed when I do test online, fast as fuckk).   Don't be mad at comcast because you are poor, be mad at yourself.  However, calling comcast to whine is such a rookie mistake to begin with.  An experienced consumer with money would know that you always do the online chat which is way faster and easier.  You can then exit out and create as many chats with new people as possible looking for the best deal.  Stick with me kid, I ball and win for a living. Called Comcast 328670334

Most of us have access to pussy and don't need baller cable packages to watch sport and Oprah 24-7. On the rare occasion you're able to GHB a piece of ass through the door, I bet their impressed with your sweet gaming system and Halo commemorative gold edition box set.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-09-26, 03:36

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:

I don't know much about FIOS. Probably lacks in the DVR box though and tv programming.....

Double false, Fios is the shit. Whatever crap you have is ass.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-09-26, 09:23

InTenSity wrote:The association pays to have Comcast. I've always had them. I was arguing on the behalf of neighbors. Got $50 off for one, but only $20 for another.
This makes a big difference to your story. They don't have to compete. They get paid for you to have Comcast (at least basic, depending on the package your HOA has with them), regardless of whether you get DirecTV.

However, my HOA fee includes basic cable with Comcast, too, but I've never had any huge customer service issues or rude reps when I call (it has actually gotten better). And when I've threatened to cancel, they've negotiated. That's the key, I think, to call and say that you want to find out the process for cancelling. Of course, you have to be ready to walk away if they don't cooperate. They'll have a break point where they will walk away, too.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-26, 09:42

MiamiSpartan wrote:
This makes a big difference to your story.  They don't have to compete.  They get paid for you to have Comcast (at least basic, depending on the package your HOA has with them), regardless of whether you get DirecTV.

However, my HOA fee includes basic cable with Comcast, too, but I've never had any huge customer service issues or rude reps when I call (it has actually gotten better).  And when I've threatened to cancel, they've negotiated.  That's the key, I think, to call and say that you want to find out the process for cancelling.  Of course, you have to be ready to walk away if they don't cooperate.  They'll have a break point where they will walk away, too.
I was negotiating on the behalf of some neighbors. One neighbor I was able to save $50 a month for the next year, the other neighbor I was only able to save $20 or so a month. 

For myself, I did what you said a few years ago. I actually called up DirecTV and got a package setup, then I called Comcast. I went through everything that DirecTV was offering and had the HD tech fee($8), the DVR($9.95) and a second receiver ($9.95) all taken off the bill. It doesn't even show up anymore. So, I have 2 TV's with HD, one is a DVR and HBO, Encore and 50 Mbps for about $60 a month. 

I've learned to try to be nice to the CSR, and most of the time get redirected to the Philippines, I need to learn a little bit more Tagalog because they become a bit more helpful when you talk in their language. The annoying thing is just having to work so hard to get a discount. Oh, and knowing that the US lags so far behind the world on internet speeds.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-26, 09:56

I can honestly say that I have no idea what cable service we have..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-09-26, 10:09

SpartanDawgs265 wrote:

I don't know much about FIOS.  Probably lacks in the DVR box though and tv programming.....

Your mom must be pulling in some serious child support after your dad left. Good for her.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-26, 10:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I can honestly say that I have no idea what cable service we have..

It probably works then. That's all I care about.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-26, 13:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

It probably works then. That's all I care about.
yeah - I hit the button on the remote control and the TV comes on. That's literally all I know and all I care to know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-09-26, 18:49

Use to have Comcast at my former home. New home is too far from the line amplifier to get a good signal per the service guy who came to my home. Told me he could put in an order for a new substation at the corner of my lot but it would cost me $6K. I said sweet. So I can sell service to other neighbors. He looks at me like WTF??? as tho I'm serious. He then told me to hook up with AT&T. Said they were better anyway. Actually it has been better and my line speed is great.
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-09-26, 21:03

InTenSity wrote:Looking to see what deals I could get from those blood suckers. I told the rep what directv was offering, she said it doesn't matter they don't compete with anyone. I'm like Wtf do you mean? The rep had the ****ing balls to tell me they don't have to compete with anyone. I asked if she knows she is telling me they're a monopoly, and she just said yup, we don't have to deal with any competition.

Tell them the millions they spend on advertising against DTV suggest they do compete against them.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-09-27, 15:35

DWags wrote:

Lot of words. Anybody wanna help me out?

I was squinting at the monitor getting ready to try to figure it out when I saw who the poster was.

Saved me a lot of work. Don't need to read the trolls.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-09-27, 15:38

pulling69 wrote:

pulling69 wrote:

So...his temporarily stores yours? I'm kinda lost here. scratch
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-09-27, 15:42

InTenSity wrote:Looking to see what deals I could get from those blood suckers. I told the rep what directv was offering, she said it doesn't matter they don't compete with anyone. I'm like Wtf do you mean? The rep had the ****ing balls to tell me they don't have to compete with anyone. I asked if she knows she is telling me they're a monopoly, and she just said yup, we don't have to deal with any competition.

I'd love to laugh at your plight, but I have Time-Warner Cable. No

The Struggle.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-27, 16:01

What modem are you using?

We were using Time Warner's modem for a while. I dropped some cash on a good modem and an almost top of the line router. The problems and headaches have greatly diminish and because I'm not 'renting' time warners POS modem I save $7 a month now.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-27, 16:03

We were using Time Warner's modem for a while. I dropped some cash on a good modem and an almost top of the line router. The problems and headaches have greatly diminish and because I'm not 'renting' time warners POS modem I save $7 a month now.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SpartanInNH 2014-09-27, 16:29

steveschneider wrote:

Yep, I dumped their modem -- am still using their router. Hmmm.
SpartanInNH
SpartanInNH
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-09-27, 21:06

Thanks! This thread was a reminder to make my annual call to Wow to beat them down. They knocked $25 off the monthly bill (supposedly for 12 months) after I threatened to switch to uVerse
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-23, 23:18

Switched to AT&T. Whole community dropped Xfinity, and holy shit what a clusterfuck. Comcast told the association they would honor all contracts until AT&T could set up in the community, then they sent a form letter Thanksgiving week, stating that everyone's cable would be shut off on Dec 31, unless they called an 800 number to talk to a rep. As of today they were telling people that there was litigation against the HOA and that they still couldn't give people any prices as to what they would be paying. What BS they are throwing out there. They lost out on 200+ units and they are pissed, but they didn't want to budge an inch during negotiations. I'll keep their internet until that price skyrockets, and then hopefully ATT will have something faster than 18 mb/sec.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-24, 06:53

InTenSity wrote:Switched to AT&T. Whole community dropped Xfinity, and holy shit what a clusterfuck. Comcast told the association they would honor all contracts until AT&T could set up in the community, then they sent a form letter Thanksgiving week, stating that everyone's cable would be shut off on Dec 31, unless they called an 800 number to talk to a rep. As of today they were telling people that there was litigation against the HOA and that they still couldn't give people any prices as to what they would be paying. What BS they are throwing out there. They lost out on 200+ units and they are pissed, but they didn't want to budge an inch during negotiations. I'll keep their internet until that price skyrockets, and then hopefully ATT will have something faster than 18 mb/sec.

Goods luck with DSL. Nothing more than a glorified dial up. You're better off getting a 4G hot spot from Verizon.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-24, 08:14

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Goods luck with DSL. Nothing more than a glorified dial up. You're better off getting a 4G hot spot from Verizon.
I'm sticking with broadband until next Nov. with Comcast.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next