Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial ASU at MSU pregame thread: With a win this Saturday, Dantonio passes Duffy Daugherty for most wins at MSU

+6
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
Turtleneck
10 posters

Go down

tOfficial ASU at MSU pregame thread: With a win this Saturday, Dantonio passes Duffy Daugherty for most wins at MSU Empty tOfficial ASU at MSU pregame thread: With a win this Saturday, Dantonio passes Duffy Daugherty for most wins at MSU

Post by Turtleneck Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:32 pm

MSU 27
ASU 13
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial ASU at MSU pregame thread: With a win this Saturday, Dantonio passes Duffy Daugherty for most wins at MSU Empty Re: tOfficial ASU at MSU pregame thread: With a win this Saturday, Dantonio passes Duffy Daugherty for most wins at MSU

Post by Nordic Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:01 pm

Modernizing the record books
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial ASU at MSU pregame thread: With a win this Saturday, Dantonio passes Duffy Daugherty for most wins at MSU Empty Re: tOfficial ASU at MSU pregame thread: With a win this Saturday, Dantonio passes Duffy Daugherty for most wins at MSU

Post by Turtleneck Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:02 pm

Nordic wrote:Modernizing the record books

+1
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:49 pm

On brink of all-time record, Dantonio leaves indelible mark at Michigan State

Nice article from Charboneau.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:52 pm

Get the fuck Up! I’m fired up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:55 pm

steveschneider wrote:Get the fuck Up! I’m fired up.

Fuck yeah Steve! I can’t catch the game this weekend but I’ll be watching in spirit. Go green!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:04 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Get the fuck Up! I’m fired up.

Fuck yeah Steve! I can’t catch the game this weekend but I’ll be watching in spirit. Go green!

I’m glad it’s an earlier game. I want to see how we bounce back after last years loss.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:19 pm

I have it on good authority that Dantonio will be laying his ass on the line for this game.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:24 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I have it on good authority that Dantonio will be laying his ass on the line for this game.

I hope Bill Cain isn’t in attendance.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:27 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I have it on good authority that Dantonio will be laying his ass on the line for this game.

I hope Bill Cain isn’t in attendance.

No worries. Dantonio will have on pants.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:36 pm

[tw]1171458772306255872[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:25 am

Let’s not be flat on Saturday.   Bring it strong for Rocco.  

https://football.thedzone.com/news/clarkston-2021-ot-rocco-spindler-is-visiting-michigan-state-on-09-14-2019
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:46 pm

By-Tor wrote:Let’s not be flat on Saturday.   Bring it strong for Rocco.  

https://football.thedzone.com/news/clarkston-2021-ot-rocco-spindler-is-visiting-michigan-state-on-09-14-2019

I'm hearing very little chance either of the Clarkston kids wind up at MSU. (A source) thinks one will wind up at ND and the other at OSU. If he had to guess.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:50 pm

ASU is going to be tough. They run a 3-3-5, which gave us fits against Tulsa. And they've been pretty stout against some overmatched opponents through 2 games. They've got a big dude up front (not the same guy from last year that owned Higby) and a pretty good secondary. Don't be surprised if we "regress" offensively this week.

Also rewatching WMU, they really are soft defensively. They played off coverages all day and were pretty vanilla with 7 in the box. We executed very well in run blocking but facing a 4-3 with only 7 guys in the box makes it a ton easier to find room.

Where this game will/should be won is on the other side of the ball. ASU's OL is patchwork due to injury and youth, and their QB is a true freshman. They have a great RB but he can't do it by himself. Expect a lot of TFLs and sacks.

This one should hopefully be something like 31-10. But probably will be closer than that.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1171458772306255872[/tw]

Good stuff. I"m going to start watching his press conferences on the B10 Network.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:02 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I'm hearing very little chance either of the Clarkston kids wind up at MSU. (A source) thinks one will wind up at ND and the other at OSU. If he had to guess.
Hearing the same. They will both likely play DL in college so that might be a draw to MSU. But we typically don’t land kids with SEC big boy offers.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:11 pm

By-Tor wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Hearing the same.   They will both likely play DL in college so that might be a draw to MSU.   But we typically don’t land kids with SEC big boy offers.  

Which is weird because MSU pounds Alabama every time they play.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:23 pm

If I had to guess one will end up at notre dame and the other at osu.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:26 pm

Is Marc his dad?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

If I had to guess one will end up at notre dame and the other at osu.

You have been the recipient of bad information.
One will end up at osu and the other at nd.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Yes, Marc Spindler's kid.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:29 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1171458772306255872[/tw]

Thanks, Floyd, and thanks, coach, for reminding me about Duffy being on the cover of Time. Meant to buy one last year. Just found a copy on eBay.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:28 pm

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:03 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

tOfficial ASU at MSU pregame thread: With a win this Saturday, Dantonio passes Duffy Daugherty for most wins at MSU 1966794946
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:15 pm

Remember Coach D’s slogan for the team was put on a hat? My message for the student section is start a chant.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:39 pm

steveschneider wrote:Remember Coach D’s slogan for the team was put on a hat? My message for the student section is start a chant.

I don’t remember the put on a hat slogan, but I remember Heave. Coincidentally, SBS has a bunch of white Nike Heave t-shirts at 50% off ($13). Still a bunch there today, and it looked like a few of the more normal sizes were even available.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:44 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Remember Coach D’s slogan for the team was put on a hat? My message for the student section is start a chant.

I don’t remember the put on a hat slogan, but I remember Heave. Coincidentally, SBS has a bunch of white Nike Heave t-shirts at 50% off ($13). Still a bunch there today, and it looked like a few of the more normal sizes were even available.

That is not one of his best slogans.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:46 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

That is not one of his best slogans.

It was not one of his best years.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:55 pm

steveschneider wrote:Remember Coach D’s slogan for the team was put on a hat?  My message for the student section is start a chant.

Was the hat red with white letters?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:50 pm

tOfficial ASU at MSU pregame thread: With a win this Saturday, Dantonio passes Duffy Daugherty for most wins at MSU MV5BMTY0OTA0Mzg3N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDExMzc0Mw@@._V1_UY1200_CR163,0,630,1200_AL_

The guy above has been in a bunch of stuff. I just realized he sort of looks a cross between Dantonio and Travis in 25 years. 

tOfficial ASU at MSU pregame thread: With a win this Saturday, Dantonio passes Duffy Daugherty for most wins at MSU 80746d51-0f00-4a24-9b66-d23f2a0e8164-Dantonio-01
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:29 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

I’m sure before too long Nike will donate the majority of those heave shirts to some third world nation and write them off as a loss. Tough times for the creatives that made that campaign.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down