Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pat Shurmur

+2
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
6 posters

Go down

Pat Shurmur Empty Pat Shurmur

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 07:29

What a mess. Two bad career moves imo, too quick to take a job that he had no chance to succeed at. But man, he is really handling some stuff wrong.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Pat Shurmur Empty Re: Pat Shurmur

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-09-19, 07:55

If you're not gonna tell us why maybe this should go in the random ramblings thread.

Because he's starting the rookie??
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-09-19, 08:16

I don't really care about the NY football Giants.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 08:19

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If you're not gonna tell us why maybe this should go in the random ramblings thread.

Besides looking lost up there, saying Eli was your quarterback after the game Sunday then hearing he’s not via media Tuesday morning doesn’t look like a unified staff. The team certainly doesn’t seem to be getting better, and I don’t know who they got for OBJ, because I don’t follow that, but losing a generational receiver doesn’t seem like someone trying to build an NFL offense.

That said maybe this new QB comes in and is Rodgers/Mahone good and everyone praises Shurmur for his vision. But I remember thinking Joey Herrington would have had more confidence and a better career had he not been thrown out there with a crap offense and gotten beat up.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-09-19, 08:42

DWags wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:If you're not gonna tell us why maybe this should go in the random ramblings thread.

Besides looking lost up there, saying Eli was your quarterback after the game Sunday then hearing he’s not via media Tuesday morning doesn’t look like a unified staff. The team certainly doesn’t seem to be getting better, and I don’t know who they got for OBJ, because I don’t follow that, but losing a generational receiver doesn’t seem like someone trying to build an NFL offense.

That said maybe this new QB comes in and is Rodgers/Mahone good and everyone praises Shurmur for his vision. But I remember thinking Joey Herrington would have had more confidence and a better career had he not been thrown out there with a crap offense and gotten beat up.

Can't really blame Shurmur for the OBJ trade. They got a 1st Round pick (DT Lawrence from Clemson who starts), a 3rd Round pick (Ximinies...back up LB), and Peppers (who starts). Obviously heavily favors the Browns.

And it didn't really seem like Shurmur was excited about drafting Jones (although he seems to have changed his tune). Maybe the decision to go with him was made above his head.

They might as well trade Eli at this point.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-19, 09:16

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

Can't really blame Shurmur for the OBJ trade. They got a 1st Round pick (DT Lawrence from Clemson who starts), a 3rd Round pick (Ximinies...back up LB), and Peppers (who starts). Obviously heavily favors the Browns.

And it didn't really seem like Shurmur was excited about drafting Jones (although he seems to have changed his tune). Maybe the decision to go with him was made above his head.

And which team would want to bring in Eli to be their QB? He's been washed for several years.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-09-19, 11:21

Cameron wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

And which team would want to bring in Eli to be their QB? He's been washed for several years.

Maybe a team that figures out their young QB can't cut it yet. Pittsburgh or Jacksonville.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 11:22

Cameron wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Saints?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-09-19, 11:37

NigelUno wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Maybe a team that figures out their young QB can't cut it yet.  Pittsburgh or Jacksonville.  

Minshew looks decent, certainly better than Eli, but I suppose there is the Coughlin connection there. I would be shocked if Pittsburgh brought him in, Big Ben would probably feel threatened by that, and they don't like to upset Big Ben. And they'd probably rather roll the dice with Mason Rudolph anyhow.

DWags wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Saints?

They've got quite a bit invested in Bridgewater, who is most certainly better than Eli at this point. Taysom Hill is probably better than Eli at this point, too.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-19, 12:05

Eli has a no trade anyway. I don’t know. Bridgewater has been working with the saints all year, they have a much better offense than the giants and he looked like shit. Now they’re thinking of using both. Great. When you have two QB’s you don’t have any. Was just thinking Eli, with better protection and better weapons and a bloodline connection there, but he’ll just stay in NY most likely. I don’t get why he even wants to keep playing
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2019-09-19, 20:58

DWags wrote:

Aren't most of those things more of a knock on Gettleman?
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-09-23, 07:12

Jones looked OK.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-09-23, 09:34

NigelUno wrote:Jones looked OK.

Sure did. Winning washes a ton of things clean.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down