Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pat Shurmur is now (interim) OC for Minnesota

+4
tGreenWay
Blanch32
Other Teams Pursuing That
NigelUno
8 posters

Go down

Pat Shurmur is now (interim) OC for Minnesota Empty Pat Shurmur is now (interim) OC for Minnesota

Post by NigelUno Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:11 pm

Go Vikings!

I wonder...
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Pat Shurmur is now (interim) OC for Minnesota Empty Re: Pat Shurmur is now (interim) OC for Minnesota

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:13 pm

I warner as well Nigel...hmm...
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Pat Shurmur is now (interim) OC for Minnesota Empty Re: Pat Shurmur is now (interim) OC for Minnesota

Post by NigelUno Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:46 pm

Might be a good fit.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:52 am

my take on this will be posted in tbasement. fyi. stay tuned
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:52 am

Blanch32 wrote:my take on this will be posted in tbasement. fyi. stay tuned

On behalf of, well, everyone, I can honestly say we look forward to seeing it there.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:57 am

Thank you, Nigel
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:34 pm

Death Roe wrote:Thank you, Nigel

Pat Shurmur is now (interim) OC for Minnesota 1f373
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:54 pm

Opinions aside, my super secret squirrel inside sources tell me you're going to be disappointed if you expect a new OC next year.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:10 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Opinions aside, my super secret squirrel inside sources tell me you're going to be disappointed if you expect a new OC next year.

Did you hear that on the sports board?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:21 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Opinions aside, my super secret squirrel inside sources tell me you're going to be disappointed if you expect a new OC next year.

Lets take the giant step, lets say he gets a new OC.   How many of you think it's going to be a new offense?   Do you think he's recruiting kids and is going to form an offense around them or do you think he's recruiting kids that fit into his offense?   

Sure, maybe the new guy can come up with a great knack for knowing what play will work, or is able to get into a DC's head game day and can make exceptional calls.   But You won't see a new look MSU offense.  It's his philosophy and he's been very successful with it.  Present year not withstanding.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:22 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:my take on this will be posted in tbasement. fyi. stay tuned

On behalf of, well, everyone, I can honestly say we look forward to seeing it there.

Not true. my obsessioners have followed me over there. you'd be suprised, but I'm not.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:24 pm

....and that's what dantonio should be telling his coaches when a bowl game is still mathematical possible.

the osu game is their version of Saban and Dantonio's 1998 osu game. win it, and save your job.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:27 pm

DWags wrote:

Lets take the giant step, lets say he gets a new OC.   How many of you think it's going to be a new offense?   Do you think he's recruiting kids and is going to form an offense around them or do you think he's recruiting kids that fit into his offense?   

Sure, maybe the new guy can come up with a great knack for knowing what play will work, or is able to get into a DC's head game day and can make exceptional calls.   But You won't see a new look MSU offense.  It's his philosophy and he's been very successful with it.  Present year not withstanding.

Sometimes you make a change for change's sake.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:30 pm

DWags wrote:

You are right if dantonio refuses to cease control of the offense, and continues to meddle. that's why we need our version of lane kiffin that isn't intimidatEd by dantonio and does his own thing, and the players respond and play with that swagger.

right not our OCs are too afraid to make a mistake in Dantonio's eyes, and yet he's clearly not an OC guru....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:07 pm

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

I mean, I guess you could put a spread in with our skill set athletes.  I don't know that our linemen fit that.   But yeah, a change could happen.  It' takes a different type of recruit sometimes to make a big switch.  Our skill guys wouldn't have that big of a problem.  

If we just get better on the LOS, a lot of this shit goes away.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:10 pm

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

I mean, I guess you could put a spread in with our skill set athletes.  I don't know that our linemen fit that.   But yeah, a change could happen.  It' takes a different type of recruit sometimes to make a big switch.  Our skill guys wouldn't have that big of a problem.  

I didn't mean a change in scheme necessarily. Just an OC change.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:11 pm

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

And that's the problem. Staten has never should the ability to consistently deliver, aND it will only get harder with Michigan running the same offense now...
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Spread offense is where the game seems to be going. First one to 60 wins.

Hey, what's Jerry Glanville doing these days??
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Looks like the "premium" brand marketing plan is imploding. Damn shame.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:39 pm

No - fuck a spread offense. Maybe MORE of 5 wide and spreading them out, sure. But the elite run pro style offenses.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:43 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:No - fuck a spread offense. Maybe MORE of 5 wide and spreading them out, sure. But the elite run pro style offenses.

Do they?

In any case, we're not elite. We had a nice 3-4 year run.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:49 pm

Vlad wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:No - fuck a spread offense. Maybe MORE of 5 wide and spreading them out, sure. But the elite run pro style offenses.

Do they?

I think they do, Vlad. Best for putting players into the league as well which only helps the program.

The term "elite" is pretty subjective. I won't take the bait on that one. Sure someone else will though and then you can have the same argument for the 50th time! Yay!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:57 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
Vlad wrote:

Do they?

I think they do, Vlad. Best for putting players into the league as well which only helps the program.

The term "elite" is pretty subjective. I won't take the bait on that one. Sure someone else will though and then you can have the same argument for the 50th time! Yay!

Don't take the bait then, but it's really not that subjective. You don't go from being the "same old Spartans" for decades, to having a 4 year run, to sitting at 2-6 with an epic implosion, and even fool around with the word "elite".

We fooled around with it for a bit, until we got run outta JerryWorld by a real elite.

Back to the topic - Pat Shurmur. To go from NFL coordinator to NFL HC and then end up as the interim OC at Minnesota...man...
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:07 pm

Vlad wrote:

Do they?

People get way too hung up on labels. Just win the game in front of you. The rest is bullshit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:13 pm

DWags wrote:

People get way too hung up on labels. Just win the game in front of you. The rest is bullshit.

Yup. Just talk and white noise to make $$$ when the games aren't being played.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:22 pm

There's only one surefire way to be elite - win a NC. And if you want to remain elite over an extended period, win a NC every 10-12 years or so.

OSU is the only elite team in the conference.

Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:25 pm

So...Pat Shurmur...he's now the interim OC for the Vikings.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:40 pm

DWags wrote:

I'd rather just win the next game than be called elite.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:44 pm

DWags wrote:

I don't think beating IL is gonna get us there anyway.  Pat Shurmur is now (interim) OC for Minnesota 1f602
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:53 pm

Vlad wrote:
DWags wrote:

I don't think beating IL is gonna get us there anyway.  Pat Shurmur is now (interim) OC for Minnesota 1f602

How would beating Illinois NOT get us a victory? Help me out.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down