Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is this one different?

+20
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
InTenSity
Cameron
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
Floyd Robertson
y2kMgrad
The Pantry
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
Jake from State Farm
steveschneider
NigelUno
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
Rocinante
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
24 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Is this one different? - Page 14 Empty Re: Is this one different?

Post by Rocinante 2019-10-24, 20:04

Cameron wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I hope you’re right. But roughly the same amount of people voted for Obama in 2012 as voted for Clinton in 2016 but certain demographics didn’t show up. Even knowing the Republican was a racist.

Link? I had thought it was the opposite, that Trump received about as many votes in 16 as Romney got in 12, but that Clinton got less than Obama.

This is correct.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-24, 20:04

Cameron wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

I hope you’re right. But roughly the same amount of people voted for Obama in 2012 as voted for Clinton in 2016 but certain demographics didn’t show up. Even knowing the Republican was a racist.

Link? I had thought it was the opposite, that Trump received about as many votes in 16 as Romney got in 12, but that Clinton got less than Obama.

Clinton got 65,853,514  Trump 62,984,828
Obama got 65,915,795  Romney 60,933,504

Black voter turnout was 66% in 2012, 59% in 2016
Latin voter turnout was roughly the same
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-10-24, 20:59

kingstonlake wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Okay, you would seem to be correct then. Care to link me to where you got those numbers?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-24, 21:56

Cameron wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Okay, you would seem to be correct then. Care to link me to where you got those numbers?
the election results were just wiki. Minority trends were pew research.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/05/12/black-voter-turnout-fell-in-2016-even-as-a-record-number-of-americans-cast-ballots/
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-10-24, 23:25

kingstonlake wrote:
Cameron wrote:

the election results were just wiki. Minority trends were pew research.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/05/12/black-voter-turnout-fell-in-2016-even-as-a-record-number-of-americans-cast-ballots/

Is this one different? - Page 14 IMG_20180418_032721_332
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-24, 23:37

Is this one different? - Page 14 969504605
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-28, 18:34

Full house vote on inquiry Thursday. I got a feeling Pelosi wants certain things public. I bet she also wants to expose Pumpkin Spices utter disdain for the intelligence community.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-28, 19:25

Nancy Pelosi is a great American.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-10-28, 20:25

kingstonlake wrote:Full house vote on inquiry Thursday. I got a feeling Pelosi wants certain things public. I bet she also wants to expose Pumpkin Spices utter disdain for the intelligence community.
What was said in the private depositions would always come out in an actual impeachment hearing. I think what she wanted was to gather enough evidence that a) Dems in Trump districts can't just ignore and puss out on a vote, and b) those Dems' constituents can't really complain about their vote (except the hard core Republicans in their districts, but it isn't like they were ever going to vote for those Dems anyway).

The Nixon and Clinton cases had the house vote on the inquiry early on because there had already been independent investigations and the evidence was presented to the House. In this case, the House had to conduct the investigation themselves.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-28, 21:54

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Full house vote on inquiry Thursday. I got a feeling Pelosi wants certain things public. I bet she also wants to expose Pumpkin Spices utter disdain for the intelligence community.
What was said in the private depositions would always come out in an actual impeachment hearing.  I think what she wanted was to gather enough evidence that a) Dems in Trump districts can't just ignore and puss out on a vote, and b) those Dems' constituents can't really complain about their vote (except the hard core Republicans in their districts, but it isn't like they were ever going to vote for those Dems anyway).  

The Nixon and Clinton cases had the house vote on the inquiry early on because there had already been independent investigations and the evidence was presented to the House. In this case, the House had to conduct the investigation themselves.  

I’ll give her credit. She’s an assassin. I keep coming back to her warning Trump in that little stunt where he thought he was gonna make her and Schumer look like fools. “Please Don’t characterize what I bring bring to this meeting as speaker of the house”. 

She warned his ass. But ain’t no bitch gonna tell him nothin.

I think she wanted to wait until she got people under his watch and his state department to turn on him, for the vote. It’s very powerful when R’s are confronted with this. When John Bolton is telling Hill to talk to a lawyer, you got problems
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-29, 06:13

Supposedly Nunes aid has been leaking the name of the whistleblower.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-29, 08:32

kingstonlake wrote:Supposedly Nunes aid has been leaking the name of the whistleblower.
I suspect the pro-life christians will be threatening his/her life soon.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-29, 10:35

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and the mainstream media are busy trying to smear the White House national security advisor and decorated war hero testifying today.  Is this one different? - Page 14 502811600  Is this one different? - Page 14 502811600  

White House official testifies on Ukraine call concerns, as president blasts 'Never Trumper witness'

Is this one different? - Page 14 502811600

A White House official testified behind closed doors Tuesday that he had concerns about President Trump's July phone call with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at the heart of Democrats' impeachment inquiry, according to prepared remarks -- as the president ripped the witness as a "Never Trumper" and challenged his account.

Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, who serves as a director on the National Security Council (NSC), arrived Tuesday morning to testify before the House Intelligence, Oversight, and Foreign Affairs committees. His prepared opening statement, obtained by Fox News, expresses concern over Trump's request to have Ukraine investigate political opponents. But in the run-up to the testimony, the president repeatedly swiped at the official via Twitter.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-10-29, 11:39

Not just Vindman.

[tw]1189200594130456577[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-30, 08:24

in an attempt to save the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator, another mainstream media commentator jumps on the "a decorated war hero is a traitor and spy" bandwagon..

"It seems very clear that he is incredibly concerned about Ukrainian defense,” Duffy, who was recently hired as a CNN contributor, said.

“I don't know that he's concerned about American policy ... We all have an affinity to our homeland, where we came from ... he has an affinity for the Ukraine," he continued.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-31, 05:47

National Security Advisor resigns the day before testifying.

(I'm sure the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator has never heard of him, never met him, knows nothing about him.. except that he's a Democratic operative). Is this one different? - Page 14 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-10-31, 06:23

Robert J Sakimano wrote:National Security Advisor resigns the day before testifying.

(I'm sure the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator has never heard of him, never met him, knows nothing about him.. except that he's a Democratic operative). Is this one different? - Page 14 502811600
He's not the National Security Advisor.

He is on the National Security Council, though, but that is a big difference. Better not put that question on the test that you want people to take in order to be allowed to vote.

America is a stupid country.

(Just having a little fun with you, Bob, but you kind of walked into it. Is this one different? - Page 14 502811600)
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-31, 07:49

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:National Security Advisor resigns the day before testifying.

He's not the National Security Advisor.

He is on the National Security Council, though, but that is a big difference. Better not put that question on the test that you want people to take in order to be allowed to vote.

America is a stupid country.

(Just having a little fun with you, Bob, but you kind of walked into it. Is this one different? - Page 14 502811600)
America is definitely a stupid country.

and the fact that an idiot like me is probably living in the top 3% of it illustrates my point (and yours) perfectly.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-31, 08:07

mainstream media: "Pelosi has weaponized impeachment".... Is this one different? - Page 14 502811600

House speaker has 'weaponized impeachment,' conservative groups claim in ethics complaint.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-10-31, 09:39

I swear that Foxnews needs to be reigned in, or something. Calling the impeachment proceedings a blatant and obvious coup, is so over the top and dangerous. I laugh every time they also accuse Democrats of proceeding like this is Russia. I just keep thinking, how can people be upset about working with Russia, or as Russia does, when your top man, Carrot Top, wants to be Putin?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-31, 10:17

InTenSity wrote:I swear that Foxnews needs to be reigned in, or something. Calling the impeachment proceedings a blatant and obvious coup, is so over the top and dangerous. I laugh every time they also accuse Democrats of proceeding like this is Russia. I just keep thinking, how can people be upset about working with Russia, or as Russia does, when your top man, Carrot Top, wants to be Putin?

Maybe a good question for them is to ask why do they hate the constitution. 

Remember, they set the bar at impeachment over lying about cheating on your wife. Something they’d never do because they’d have to cheat on their wives first.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-31, 10:21

InTenSity wrote:I swear that Foxnews needs to be reigned in, or something. Calling the impeachment proceedings a blatant and obvious coup, is so over the top and dangerous. I laugh every time they also accuse Democrats of proceeding like this is Russia. I just keep thinking, how can people be upset about working with Russia, or as Russia does, when your top man, Carrot Top, wants to be Putin?
I go to Fox News periodically just to marvel at the world those people live in..

CNN, etc is bad enough - they had a "CNN Contributor" on the other day who accused the Lindman guy (I think that's his name) of being a Ukranian spy (never mind that he's a decorated war hero while the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator stayed home to nurse bone spurs)...

America is a stupid, gullible country. Unfortunately, it's not illegal.. and all of those people's vote count just as much as ours do.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-31, 11:26

despite all of the whining from the GOP (elections have consequences)..

Scott Dworkin
@funder
BREAKING: Speaker Pelosi has the votes to pass the resolution today formally establishing the impeachment inquiry. An estimated 230 Members of the House plan to vote in support of it.

(mainstream media tweet above.. proceed with caution)
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2019-10-31, 11:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I go to Fox News periodically just to marvel at the world those people live in..

CNN, etc is bad enough - they had a "CNN Contributor" on the other day who accused the Lindman guy (I think that's his name) of being a Ukranian spy (never mind that he's a decorated war hero while the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator stayed home to nurse bone spurs)...

America is a stupid, gullible country. Unfortunately, it's not illegal.. and all of those people's vote count just as much as ours do.
Periodically?  90% of your "Mainstream media" links are from FoxNews (which really shouldn't be considered mainstream media).  They love all of the clicks you give them, as well as promoting it to others.

Regarding CNN, it's kind of weird how you criticize them for having someone on with an opposing view point, especially when it only represents about 5-10% of their contributors/content.  Shouldn't we be more frightened if they stop having any pro-Trump viewpoints at all?  

Either way, the TV portion of FoxNews, CNN, etc., don't really do news anymore anyway.  Sure, they might have some breaking news and a couple of minutes of someone on scene at the White House or elsewhere, but for the most part it's just round the clock "analysis", which doesn't really analyze anything, but is really just people throwing out their political opinions.  At least the websites actually have news articles that talk about what happened, even if their happens to be a slant on it.

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on 2019-10-31, 11:53; edited 1 time in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-31, 11:41

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Periodically? 90% of your "Mainstream media" links are from FoxNews (which really shouldn't be Fox News). They love all of the clicks you give them, as well as promoting it to others.

Regarding CNN, it's kind of weird how you criticize them for having someone on with an opposing view point, especially when it only represents about 5-10% of their contributors/content. Shouldn't we be more frightened if they stop having any pro-Trump viewpoints at all?

Either way, the TV portion of FoxNews, CNN, etc., don't really do news anymore anyway. Sure, they might have some breaking news and a couple of minutes of someone on scene at the White House or elsewhere, but for the most part it's just round the clock "analysis", which doesn't really analyze anything, but is really just people throwing out their political opinions. At least the websites actually have news articles that talk about what happened, even if their happens to be a slant on it.
I don't mind exposing the mainstream media for what they are.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-31, 11:46

House formalizes impeachment inquiry..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-10-31, 11:48

It's disheartening, but utterly believable, that not one of the 194 republicans finds it alarming enough that what Trump has done is worthy of their on-the-record vote for further public investigation into Trump's actions.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-31, 11:50

pretty funny watching the minority party whine.. and demand a full House vote to formalize the inquiry..

so, the Democrats hold a full House vote.. and, in a shocking turn of events, the minority party whines about it. Is this one different? - Page 14 502811600

Republicans for weeks had challenged Pelosi to hold a floor vote, complaining the inquiry hasn’t followed past precedent and violates the president’s due process rights. While she finally gave in to those demands in a bid to mute their complaints about process, GOP lawmakers continued to call the inquiry a "sham".
Is this one different? - Page 14 1966794946

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-31, 11:51

Floyd Robertson wrote:It's disheartening, but utterly believable, that not one of the 194 republicans finds it alarming enough that what Trump has done is worthy of their on-the-record vote for further public investigation into Trump's actions.
while I agree with you that it's disheartening and unbelievable, it's important to remember who these people are:

they're racists.. they're misogynists.. they're bigots. Plain and simple. It's who they are, it's who/what they vote for. Every single one of them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-10-31, 11:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:It's disheartening, but utterly believable, that not one of the 194 republicans finds it alarming enough that what Trump has done is worthy of their on-the-record vote for further public investigation into Trump's actions.
while I agree with you that it's disheartening and unbelievable, it's important to remember who these people are:

they're racists.. they're misogynists.. they're bigots. Plain and simple. It's who they are, it's who/what they vote for. Every single one of them.

Basically what they've said is that getting a BJ in the oval office is a worse offense than colluding with a foreign government for political gain.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-31, 12:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: while I agree with you that it's disheartening and unbelievable, it's important to remember who these people are:

Basically what they've said is that getting a BJ in the oval office is a worse offense than colluding with a foreign government for political gain.

I think they technically said lying under oath about getting a blow job is worse than colluding with a foreign country for political gain.

I’m pretty sure most of them get blow jobs from underage boys all the time. Like the republican state senator from Pennsylvania who voted against every LGBTQ legislation there was but just got busted for sexual abuse with minors.

Last edited by DWags on 2019-10-31, 12:08; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-31, 12:07

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: while I agree with you that it's disheartening and unbelievable, it's important to remember who these people are:

yeah.. because their hero is a white supremacist, they're willing to overlook pesky things like that.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-31, 13:01

Is this one different? - Page 14 EIN7d8PXYAAqoCd?format=jpg&name=medium
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-10-31, 13:15

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Is this one different? - Page 14 EIN7d8PXYAAqoCd?format=jpg&name=medium

well i doubt she's actually his daughter so that makes it ok i guess
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-31, 13:17

Think I’m gonna throw up.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-31, 13:36

Banks2Mason wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Is this one different? - Page 14 EIN7d8PXYAAqoCd?format=jpg&name=medium

well i doubt she's actually his daughter so that makes it ok i guess
he's such a good christian.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-31, 14:58

So, as of today we’ve heard a lot of testimony that people were “worried” and “concerned” about how Trump conducts foreign policy?

Am I up to date?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-31, 15:08

mainstream media personality says impeachment must include Bidens and Obama..  

If the Republicans are serious about winning this truly political fight, here are three witnesses they should demand be subpoenaed:

Hunter Biden
   Joe Biden
   Barack Obama.

Is this one different? - Page 14 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-01, 07:07

CNN - Democrats Wasting Time On Impeachment

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-11-01, 07:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
CNN - Democrats Wasting Time On Impeachment

The Republican narrative that this is about undoing the 2016 election is dumb. I'm sick of hearing it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum