Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion)

+15
InTenSity
SawGreen
GRR Spartan
The Pantry
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
DWags
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion) Empty In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion)

Post by DWags 2019-10-28, 18:22

And go

The stones would be playing for sure.

Last edited by DWags on 2023-10-10, 15:13; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion) Empty Re: In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion)

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-28, 18:25

The Clash would open for the Sex Pistols.

Neither band is my favorite. I’d just like to see the powder keg potential
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion) Empty Re: In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion)

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-28, 18:42

That young chick who plays the guitar that Pantry is so horny for, and the Tupac hologram.
IOW, I’m not spending money on entertainment for my moocher friends. If they’re coming to a GreenWay won the biggest lottery party, they’d better come with conversation starters.

Edit: I’d like to add the reason I’m getting the guitar girl, because it solves two problems: First, she’s willing to take the job for peanuts because she needs to build an audience, and Two: Anything to shut Pantry up instead of grumbling all night so the rest of us can have a good time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-10-28, 18:52

Living?

Foos and white stripes probably.
That would be a good show.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-10-28, 18:54

Dead?

Who knows... Too many. Prime Zeppelin and Beastie boys?
Would be fun.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-28, 19:04

I’d like to change my answer:

1) The cast of Up With People. America is much too cynical and sophisticated for UWP to be the halftime shows at the Super Bowl anymore, and I kind of feel bad for them. Plus, they’re probably easy to schedule.

2) Fraggle Rock. Need something to keep the kids engaged, as I’m going for a family friendly atmosphere, no disrespect to Hologram Tupac untended.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-28, 19:20

Yeah, all of them alive or what?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-28, 19:22

For now I’ll go with the Grateful Dead. I’ll be back for my 2nd.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-10-28, 19:23

Dead? I'd take Zappa and the Allman Brothers and/or Tom Petty
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-28, 19:29

tGreenWay wrote:That young chick who plays the guitar that Pantry is so horny for, and the Tupac hologram.
IOW, I’m not spending money on entertainment for my moocher friends. If they’re coming to a GreenWay won the biggest lottery party, they’d better come with conversation starters.

Edit: I’d like to add the reason I’m getting the guitar girl, because it solves two problems: First, she’s willing to take the job for peanuts because she needs to build an audience, and Two: Anything to shut Pantry up instead of grumbling all night so the rest of us can have a good time.

tGreenWay wrote:I’d like to change my answer:

1) The cast of Up With People. America is much too cynical and sophisticated for UWP to be the halftime shows at the Super Bowl anymore, and I kind of feel bad for them. Plus, they’re probably easy to schedule.

2) Fraggle Rock. Need something to keep the kids engaged, as I’m going for a family friendly atmosphere, no disrespect to Hologram Tupac untended.

I'm getting the impression bands might find you hard to work with.  At any price.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-28, 19:31

Guided by Voices
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-28, 19:35

How the fuck are you gonna get a dead band to play at your party?

But ok. Two dead two live.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-28, 19:44

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:That young chick who plays the guitar that Pantry is so horny for, and the Tupac hologram.

tGreenWay wrote:I’d like to change my answer:

I'm getting the impression bands might find you hard to work with.  At any price.

On the contrary, I’m a peach to work with, primarily because there is no price.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-28, 19:45

DWags wrote:How the fuck are you gonna get a dead band to play at your party?

But ok. Two dead two live.

You can get a lot of shit done with $750 million.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-10-28, 19:47

Rise Against
Stray Cats

The Clash
The Ramones
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-28, 19:53

Band #2 Botfly and I’d rent out the box house and get 17 kegs from that keg store right behind it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-28, 19:56

What the hell are you talking about, Steve?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-28, 19:59

Living:
Springsteen
Dropkick Murphys

Dead:
B.B. King
The Dead or Beastie Boys (tbd)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-28, 20:23

Living:
That group that sings cake by the ocean 
That group that sings that song in that commercial 

Dead:
Springsteen
Oasis
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-10-28, 20:24

Motley Crue and Lynyrd Skynyrd

RIP to da backyard

Last edited by Nordic on 2019-10-28, 20:26; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-10-28, 20:25

Dead:
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
The Jimi Hendrix Experience

Alive:
Oasis
Paul McCartney

Didn't pick The Beatles as one of my two deads, but going through shit off the top of my head, I couldn't think of a second band with all the members still living that I'd rather see than McCartney.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-10-28, 20:26

tGreenWay wrote:....

lol!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-28, 20:56

I'd have questions before I made a decision.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-10-28, 21:01

$750M and only two bands?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-10-28, 21:06

I'll go with Foo Fighters and Sheryl Crow. I'm sure she and Dave Grohl could work out something interesting.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-28, 21:32

kingstonlake wrote:Living:
That group that sings cake by the ocean 
That group that sings that song in that commercial 

Dead:
Springsteen
Oasis

Oooh, love them! I wanna change my answer to this.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-28, 21:39

If one of you wants to schedule R. Kelly,
never mind, I can’t say it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-10-28, 21:46

tGreenWay wrote:If one of you wants to schedule R. Kelly,

I think Madonna would co-headline with him.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-10-28, 21:56

Intro band

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-28, 22:16

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:If one of you wants to schedule R. Kelly,

I think Madonna would co-headline with him.

I don’t think you understood the direction I was going to go with my offensive comment.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-28, 22:19

I need a clarification, DWags. If I change one of my acts to Peter Frampton, would he be counted in the living or dead category? If Frampton comes alive at the time of his show; does that mean he was dead before then?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-28, 22:27

tGreenWay wrote:What the hell are you talking about, Steve?

You don’t know where the Box House is?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-10-28, 22:36

Does it have to be a band? Can it be a DJ?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2019-10-28, 22:45

I'd rent the Meijer Garden Stage venue because with about $500K after taxes I don't need 250+ of my friends, relatives, lawyer and accountant and their families knowing where I live and telling others.

Music - The Mavericks and Vince Gill
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-10-28, 22:45

Ok, so I'm sticking with the back yard theme. Arena rock is out, and more of a background theme.

Random selection, I get Trio to reunite for the opener, and let Joe Jackson bring it home.

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-10-28, 23:34

Tool and Kidz bop Kidz.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-10-28, 23:37

Mozart and Beethoven Probably tbh as long as we’re talking zombie artists.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-10-29, 00:32

tGreenWay wrote:I need a clarification, DWags. If I change one of my acts to Peter Frampton, would he be counted in the living or dead category? If Frampton comes alive at the time of his show; does that mean he was dead before then?

You'll likely hate me for this but this post I gotta do it.

True story. Jingles worked for a promotion company in college that did shows on campus. Circa 79 or 80. Frampton played the Auditorium and Jingles was his driver/host.

Frampton went to an after hours at Jungles apartment and broke his kitchen table. ( Dancing on it). Drugs may or not have not have been involved.

Mods: please move this post to the Jingles thread.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-29, 00:34

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:What the hell are you talking about, Steve?

You don’t know where the Box House is?

Let’s go ahead and assume I don’t. TBH, I thought you meant Bounce House but mistyped the word.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-29, 00:40

SawGreen wrote:Ok, so I'm sticking with the back yard theme. Arena rock is out, and more of a background theme.

Random selection, I get Trio to reunite for the opener, and let Joe Jackson bring it home.

I’ve always been a big fan of Joe Jackson, but you might regret bringing him in for your backyard show. First, he does a lot of instrumental compositions, which would be excellent for your background idea, but so many are slow AF. Even more importantly, he’s been on a Smoker’s Rights campaign for 20 years now. The guy would constantly be interrupting his own sets to talk about how smokers have been relegated to second class citizenry. Do you really want that debate raging when you’re trying to hit on the ladies?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next