Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion)

+15
InTenSity
SawGreen
GRR Spartan
The Pantry
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
DWags
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion) - Page 2 Empty Re: In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion)

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-29, 00:56

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I need a clarification, DWags. If I change one of my acts to Peter Frampton, would he be counted in the living or dead category? If Frampton comes alive at the time of his show; does that mean he was dead before then?

You'll likely hate me for this but this post I gotta do it.

True story. Jingles worked for a promotion company in college that did shows on campus. Circa 79 or 80. Frampton played the Auditorium and Jingles was his driver/host.

Frampton went to an after hours at Jungles apartment and broke his kitchen table. ( Dancing on it). Drugs may or not have not have been involved.

Mods: please move this post to the Jingles thread.

In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion) - Page 2 502811600 No hate. That’s a great story.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion) - Page 2 Empty Re: In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion)

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-29, 05:22

duffy munn wrote:

You'll likely hate me for this but this post I gotta do it.

True story. Jingles worked for a promotion company in college that did shows on campus. Circa 79 or 80. Frampton played the Auditorium and Jingles was his driver/host.

Frampton went to an after hours at Jungles apartment and broke his kitchen table. ( Dancing on it). Drugs may or not have not have been involved.

Mods: please move this post to the Jingles thread.
In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion) - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-29, 08:30

I'd have Kid Rock and Lee Greenwood in a "Celebration of God and America - East Lansing Edition"..

free admission to anyone who submits two of the following documents:

1. church bulletin.
2. certified documentation of Anglo-European heritage.

Just in case, I'm already working with the promoters and the local fire marshall.. it's gonna be a wonderful night of patriotism, fun and faith. Without giving too much away, I'm planning a pyrotechnic event that will coincide with Mr. Greenwood singing "Proud To Be An American"...

Because I like to plan, I have contracted Slim Jim as the official sponsor of the event. As such, I recently commissioned a local (non-union) welder to create two cannons shaped like the popular Slim Jim meat stick.. as the audience sings the "Proud To Be An American" chorus through tear-filled eyes, the cannons will shoot bibles into the crowd with a fiery faith-filled fury that remind us of all of what is good about America.

In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion) - Page 2 Giphy
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-10-29, 09:40

Two Dead: David Bowie opening for Nirvana.
Two Live: Nine inch Nails opening for Foo Fighters

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-29, 09:54

tGreenWay wrote:What the hell are you talking about, Steve?

Who was the band that wrote Freshmen from East Lansing? Maybe I'd make it a double bill with them and Botfly. I'm being generous and would throw Swill-a-Palooza in EL. I'd also use a good chunk of the funding to get all the necessary permits so the band could burn a couch on stage while they rock out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-29, 09:56

Mine would be
Seger and U2 because I'm old and still like to turn up some music and know my friends and pretty much all the old geezers like me would love the bands and I think all my kids and their friends would love these bands too.  So, that would be the live version for the party goers at my house.

Dead?

I'd probably go J.Geils and Lynard Skynard.  For the exact same reasons.  I have to entertain people from 65 down to 20.  

If it was just me, I'd have probably three of the four be different.  but if the peopel I basically hang out with were celebrating with me, I'd have those four.  Maybe trade Springsteen for U2 if Bob came over.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-29, 10:02

if the "Celebration Of God and America - East Lansing Edition" fell through (goddamn fire marshall).. I'd go with a Whiskeytown reunion show to open things up.. and maybe The Hold Steady headlining.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-29, 10:08

Just posting here, there's been some pretty epic low key shows in EL that would I wish I had seen -

1. U2 at Dooleys - I think that's the type of venue you dream of seeing a band like that at. Whoever was there caught lightening in a bottle.

2. Alice n Chains at the Silver Dollar Saloon - show is up on youtube and they look they were in prime form.

3. Weezer at Small Planet - I wanted to go to that show so bad. They had just broken big and I didn't even bother. Was told the line went around the block

4. Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam at MSU Auditorium - had a friend that went to that and actually met Veddar at Warehouse Records prior to.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-10-29, 10:13

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:What the hell are you talking about, Steve?

Who was the band that wrote Freshmen from East Lansing? Maybe I'd make it a double bill with them and Botfly. I'm being generous and would throw Swill-a-Palooza in EL. I'd also use a good chunk of the funding to get all the necessary permits so the band could burn a couch on stage while they rock out.

The Verve Pipe

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-10-29, 10:13

steveschneider wrote:Just posting here, there's been some pretty epic low key shows in EL that would I wish I had seen -

1. U2 at Dooleys - I think that's the type of venue you dream of seeing a band like that at. Whoever was there caught lightening in a bottle.

2. Alice n Chains at the Silver Dollar Saloon - show is up on youtube and they look they were in prime form.

3. Weezer at Small Planet - I wanted to go to that show so bad. They had just broken big and I didn't even bother. Was told the line went around the block

4. Smashing Pumpkins and Pearl Jam at MSU Auditorium - had a friend that went to that and actually met Veddar at Warehouse Records prior to.
{ahem}

April 4th, 1976

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-29, 10:16

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Just posting here, there's been some pretty epic low key shows in EL that would I wish I had seen -

{ahem}

I guess we could go back and add the Beach Boys at Jennison Field House from the 60's. I think that was the second show they played Good Vibrations at. I had the Beach Boys box set and they had a track of it on the bonus disc.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-10-29, 10:17

Jake from State Farm wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The Verve Pipe

These guys are still making music... at least four years ago they were.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-10-29, 10:20

Doesn't Western Michigan University claim the band also?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-29, 10:21

steveschneider wrote:

The Verve Pipe

Thank you. Yes. Wasn't there an MSU grad on the voice? Maybe add him to the bill as well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-10-29, 10:38

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

The Verve Pipe

These guys are still making music... at least four years ago they were.

Last I heard, they were doing children’s music. That was probably 5+ years ago.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-10-29, 11:11

The Verve Pipe, how not to do it.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-10-29, 11:21

Jake from State Farm wrote:The Verve Pipe, how not to do it.

Good read. Thanks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-10-29, 17:04

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Two Dead: David Bowie opening for Nirvana.
Two Live: Nine inch Nails opening for Foo Fighters

Foo Fighters is a solid choice. Always a party.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2021-01-21, 18:33

/bump
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2021-01-21, 20:23

Green Day and Weezer.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-01-21, 20:36

y2kMgrad wrote:Green Day and Weezer.
Weezer, okay. Can't stand that nasal-voiced Green Day MF'er.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2021-01-21, 20:39

1. Frank Sinatra with the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra
2. The Beatles
3. Bobby Sak and Jingles on the patio at Dags
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-01-21, 20:48

duffy munn wrote:1. Frank Sinatra with the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra
2. The Beatles
3. Bobby Sak and Jingles on the patio at Dags
You sure about Sak? He knows only maybe 20-30 words.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2021-01-21, 20:51

The Pantry wrote:
y2kMgrad wrote:Green Day and Weezer.
Weezer, okay.  Can't stand that nasal-voiced Green Day MF'er.  

American Idiot was an amazing album.

Turn it up and rock out bro!

y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2021-01-21, 20:57

Dude can't sing worth a shit. I can fart better lyrics.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-10-10, 15:13

By the way, , I promise the board 100 million would go to MSU nil
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-10-10, 15:23

Dropkick Murphys — for everyone except Kingston

Air Supply — for Kingston

p.s. I’d pay for Barney’s stage show so I.B. could enjoy himself In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion) - Page 2 1494614055
In this thread what two bands would play at your party in your backyard if you just won 750 million in the lottery (now changed to 2 billion) - Page 2 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-10-10, 15:53

DWags wrote:By the way, , I promise the board 100 million would go to MSU nil
Fucccccck that.

Dwags, if you want to give 100 million on behalf of the board, split it amongst the 17 members that post here. We’ll deal with the fact that our football teams sucks on our beds of money.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, The Pantry, DWags and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-10-10, 19:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:By the way, , I promise the board 100 million would go to MSU nil
Fucccccck that.

Dwags, if you want to give 100 million on behalf of the board, split it amongst the 17 members that post here. We’ll deal with the fact that our football teams sucks on our beds of money.
I'll even hire Foo Fighters for my cul-de-sac party and invite you all.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

The Pantry and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-10-10, 23:41

The Chicks and The Mavericks
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2