Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let’s argue: Athletic has put out an “all decade” team for the Spartans hoop team

+5
duffy munn
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Clarett's Folly
DWags
9 posters

Go down

Let’s argue:  Athletic  has put out an “all decade” team for the Spartans hoop team Empty Let’s argue: Athletic has put out an “all decade” team for the Spartans hoop team

Post by DWags 2019-11-25, 14:55

Brendan Quinn from The Athletic just released an article listing a starting 5, plus a bench & “who we missed.”

PG: Denzel Valentine

SG: Gary Harris

SF: Miles Bridges

PF: Draymond Green

C: Jaren Jackson Jr.

Bench: Cassius Winston, Kalin Lucas, Keith Appling, Travis Trice, Bryn Forbes

“Who we missed”: Payne, Dawson, Nix, Costello, Summers.

Who ever doesn’t put cash as starter just hadn’t seen that young man play.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Let’s argue:  Athletic  has put out an “all decade” team for the Spartans hoop team Empty Re: Let’s argue: Athletic has put out an “all decade” team for the Spartans hoop team

Post by Clarett's Folly 2019-11-25, 15:04

I hate to say it but Miles and Jaren aren't in my starting 5.
Cassius
Harris
Valentine
Green
Payne.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Let’s argue:  Athletic  has put out an “all decade” team for the Spartans hoop team Empty Re: Let’s argue: Athletic has put out an “all decade” team for the Spartans hoop team

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-25, 15:05

Jaren based on one year? I mean dude obviously had the potential to be an all-timer at MSU, so I kind of wonder if it's based on that - the potential.

That said, I'm not sure who else I'd throw in at the center position. scratch

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-25, 15:06

Clarett's Folly wrote:I hate to say it but Miles and Jaren aren't in my starting 5.
Cassius
Harris
Valentine
Green
Payne.

I don’t think that’s a bad choice. We’re talking Payne as a senior vs JJJ as a freshmen. However Costello was damn good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-11-25, 15:08

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Jaren based on one year? I mean dude obviously had the potential to be an all-timer at MSU, so I kind of wonder if it's based on that - the potential.

I think CF kind of nailed it. I'm assuming Green would play the 5, since Payne didn't really battle inside like Green. I might argue that KL pre-injury should start.
I think the real argument though is whether Tum Tum should be the 6th man, or take the SG position.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-25, 15:20

InTenSity wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Jaren based on one year? I mean dude obviously had the potential to be an all-timer at MSU, so I kind of wonder if it's based on that - the potential.

I think CF kind of nailed it. I'm assuming Green would play the 5, since Payne didn't really battle inside like Green. I might argue that KL pre-injury should start.
I think the real argument though is whether Tum Tum should be the 6th man, or take the SG position.

OTPT just burst a blood vessel
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-11-25, 15:24

Cassius
OTPT
Valentine
Green
Payne
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-11-25, 15:27

Clarett's Folly wrote:I hate to say it but Miles and Jaren aren't in my starting 5.
Cassius
Harris
Valentine
Green
Payne.

^^
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-25, 15:31

duffy munn wrote:Cassius
OTPT
Valentine
Green
Payne

Duffy’s starters 11. Athletic starters 8

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-25, 15:32

Guys (and Dendro), we’ve got big games in front of us starting tonight, and I just want to see us all moving in the same direction.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-25, 15:35

tGreenWay wrote:Guys (and Dendro), we’ve got big games in front of us starting tonight, and I just want to see us all moving in the same direction.

As long as you agree with me we will be. I’m doing my part, you need to do yours.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-11-25, 15:39

Cassius
Harris
Valentine
Green
Payne.

I don’t think that’s a bad choice. We’re talking Payne as a senior vs JJJ as a freshmen. However Costello was damn good. [/quote]

Looked it up....
Costello was 10.7 Pts, 8.2 Reb, 1.3 Ast.

Payne was 16.4 Pts, 7.3 Reb, 1.3 Ast.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-11-25, 15:40

tGreenWay wrote:Guys (and Dendro), we’ve got big games in front of us starting tonight, and I just want to see us all moving in the same direction.
I just hope the team has fun.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-11-25, 15:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I just hope the team has fun.

Well that's a healthy view of intercollegiate athletics. Let’s argue:  Athletic  has put out an “all decade” team for the Spartans hoop team 55953254
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-25, 15:58

DWags wrote:

As long as you agree with me we will be. I’m doing my part, you need to do yours.

I’m laying my ass on the line. I expect you to do the same.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-25, 15:59

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

I’m laying my ass on the line. I expect you to do the same.

Here’s to hoping it’s a damn big line.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-11-25, 16:05

Winston
Harris
Valentine
Bridges
Green
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down