Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Tigers at KC Royals thread

+9
Izzo Court
Floyd Robertson
By-Tor
All Your Base
Ass Dan
Cosmo_Kramer
The Pantry
WBill
steveschneider
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Official Tigers at KC Royals thread Empty Official Tigers at KC Royals thread

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-10, 21:46

Torii just hit one into the stairs by the cheap seats.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Official Tigers at KC Royals thread Empty Re: Official Tigers at KC Royals thread

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-10, 21:51

Avila with a double. Tigers are playing some great ball this week.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Official Tigers at KC Royals thread Empty Re: Official Tigers at KC Royals thread

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-10, 21:53

Suarez with 2 RBIs on that double.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-07-10, 21:57

Quite a defensive drop off for the Royals when they swap Gordon out of left for Ibanez the Elder.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-10, 22:00

Kinsler owns coleman
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-07-10, 22:04

WBill wrote:Quite a defensive drop off for the Royals when they swap Gordon out of left for Ibanez the Elder.
You can say that again
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-10, 22:05

WBill wrote:Quite a defensive drop off for the Royals when they swap Gordon out of left for Ibanez the Elder.

I don't think we've lost one in KC.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-10, 22:08

This is an ass whooping. Btw anyone listen to the KC feed earlier? Great interview with art Stewart. He had a great story about the Chicago Yankees.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-07-10, 22:35

We may see a position player close for KC tonight.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-07-11, 00:09

Tanaka with a lorn elbow. Yankees are fucked.

Tigers are killing it. Put up 16 runs a couple days after putting up 14 on the Dodgers.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-07-11, 05:45

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:Tanaka with a lorn elbow. Yankees are fucked.

Tigers are killing it. Put up 16 runs a couple days after putting up 14 on the Dodgers.

I hate seeing good to great pitchers go down with injuries. Someone has to figure out how to fix these types of season ending and sometimes career ending injuries, just seems so wasteful that a guy in his prime gets cut down like that. There's no reason for it
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-11, 08:26

Ass Dan wrote:

I hate seeing good to great pitchers go down with injuries. Someone has to figure out how to fix these types of season ending and sometimes career ending injuries, just seems so wasteful that a guy in his prime gets cut down like that. There's no reason for it

I loved watching Tanaka pitch and I hope he makes a full recovery. Tigers are on a great run right now add in our sweep of the a's to the list of accomplishments. A's made a great move fleecing the cubs of sarmzidja and russel.

I think we need a good BP pitcher, and lets hope Austin can find a consistent spot in the lineup.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-07-11, 21:31

Nice pick off by Sanchez
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-07-11, 23:10

Nathan looked nervous as hell with runners on 1st & 2nd before getting a checked swing strikeout for out 2.

Now 3-2 trying to get the last out
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-07-11, 23:11

A win, but a lot closer than yesterday's game
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-07-11, 23:26

Royals showed why they have the worst MLB record in 1 run games.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by All Your Base 2014-07-11, 23:38

The Pantry wrote:Nathan looked nervous as hell with runners on 1st & 2nd before getting a checked swing strikeout for out 2.

Now 3-2 trying to get the last out

I think - I hope - Dombrowski is getting the picture that the Tigers won't win the series with Nathan as the closer. Every really close game he comes into - the other night up 3 withstanding - to close out, he AT LEAST puts runners on base. Can't have that.

Want to win the series? Gotta get back-end bullpen help, and Benoit is the best option. He's expensive, but he's an upgrade over Nathan. It's a no-brainier at this point.
All Your Base
All Your Base
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-07-12, 02:46

Feels like yesterday the Royals danced out of Comerica with a 2 game lead in the central. Love the way the tigers have responded. Agree on the Nathan front. No way they can go all in for a Series run with him as the closer. What's the Hanrahan timetable?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-12, 09:02

By-Tor wrote:Feels like yesterday the Royals danced out of Comerica with a 2 game lead in the central. Love the way the tigers have responded. Agree on the Nathan front. No way they can go all in for a Series run with him as the closer. What's the Hanrahan timetable?

Way off schedule from what I saw in the freep the other day. Doubting we even see him this season.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-12, 09:04

All Your Base wrote:

I think - I hope - Dombrowski is getting the picture that the Tigers won't win the series with Nathan as the closer. Every really close game he comes into - the other night up 3 withstanding - to close out, he AT LEAST puts runners on base. Can't have that.

Want to win the series? Gotta get back-end bullpen help, and Benoit is the best option. He's expensive, but he's an upgrade over Nathan. It's a no-brainier at this point.

The other night he looked awesome. Got three batters out and no one got on base.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-12, 09:08

One thing of note, pretty exciting series in the NL cardinals vs brewers. I expect the cards to pull ahead or tie by the all star break.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by All Your Base 2014-07-12, 12:09

steveschneider wrote:

The other night he looked awesome. Got three batters out and no one got on base.

He did look good that night, but that kind of performance feels like the exception rather than the norm, and he had a 3 run lead that night.

Look, I'm pulling for the guy, but we're past the halfway point here, and the trade deadline is looming. If Mr I really wants it, they're gonna have to make a move, much like the A's did.
All Your Base
All Your Base
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by All Your Base 2014-07-12, 12:10

steveschneider wrote:One thing of note, pretty exciting series in the NL cardinals vs brewers. I expect the cards to pull ahead or tie by the all star break.

Yeah I'll be checking out that game today. Wainwright is on the hill for the Cards.

All Your Base
All Your Base
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-12, 12:15

All Your Base wrote:

He did look good that night, but that kind of performance feels like the exception rather than the norm, and he had a 3 run lead that night.

Look, I'm pulling for the guy, but we're past the halfway point here, and the trade deadline is looming. If Mr I really wants it, they're gonna have to make a move, much like the A's did.

Yeah, I agree with all of that. I think the tigers are need just one guy that can get them through an inning.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-07-12, 17:57

FOX Sports Detroit ‏@FOXSportsDet now

Due to a scheduling conflict with MLB’s exclusive national telecast, tonight’s Tigers-Royals game cannot be televised live on @FOXSportsDet

Welcome to MLB broadcasting's dumbest ass rule.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2014-07-12, 18:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:FOX Sports Detroit ‏@FOXSportsDet now

Due to a scheduling conflict with MLB’s exclusive national telecast, tonight’s Tigers-Royals game cannot be televised live on @FOXSportsDet

After helping a friend move all day, all I wanted to do was come home and drink a few beers watching the Tigers game. Flu k this stupid crap.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-07-12, 18:58

Izzo Court wrote:

After helping a friend move all day, all I wanted to do was come home and drink a few beers watching the Tigers game. Flu k this stupid crap.

I think I understand MLB's twisted "logic", but I think this hurts them more than helps them. How many casual fans that really only follow their team are going to tune into some random MLB game because it is the only game on TV?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by All Your Base 2014-07-12, 19:32

Floyd Robertson wrote:FOX Sports Detroit ‏@FOXSportsDet now

What pisses my off is that even with the mlb.tv premium deal, I STILL can't get these games.

All Your Base
All Your Base
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-07-12, 19:47

I found a stream, but it's not HD.

http://www.tvole.com/livestream/5/81628/july-13-2014/detroit-tigers-vs-kansas-city-royals.html
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-07-12, 20:08

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I found a stream, but it's not HD.

http://www.tvole.com/livestream/5/81628/july-13-2014/detroit-tigers-vs-kansas-city-royals.html

You're the best.

Porcello has 30 something pitches through three innings, he's become a pretty damn good SP
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2014-07-12, 22:05

Heard the game was going to be shown at 10 on FSD. Just changed channels and it's on live in the fucking 9th inning. Fuckers
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-07-12, 22:12

The Pantry wrote:Heard the game was going to be shown at 10 on FSD.  Just changed channels and it's on live in the fucking 9th inning.  Fuckers

Yeah, I heard them say they were welcoming the live audience and I thought the same thing. Bad move. At least warn the folks.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-12, 22:57

Saw Jackson had 2 hits. Hoping he becomes solid at the leadoff.

Cards spanked the Brewers and are tied for first.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeMilakokia 2014-07-13, 07:22

gHost Spartan wrote:Are the Tigers still in first place?

Nope, Twins look to be running away with the division.
LakeMilakokia
LakeMilakokia
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-07-13, 09:31

gHost Spartan wrote:Are the Tigers still in first place?

Twins up by 5 1/2
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-07-13, 11:13

Yeah twins danny devito
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-07-13, 11:51

LakeMilakokia wrote:

Nope, Twins look to be running away with the division.
Julia and Sarah Rustmann will be attending MSU together and will run track and cross country.

Official Tigers at KC Royals thread Twin-runners-MSU-full
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LakeMilakokia 2014-07-13, 12:48

WBill wrote:
Julia and Sarah Rustmann will be attending MSU together and will run track and cross country.

Official Tigers at KC Royals thread Twin-runners-MSU-full

Are they 3 or 4 star recruits?
LakeMilakokia
LakeMilakokia
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-07-13, 15:18

Tigers PR ‏@DetroitTigersPR 6m
With two hits today, J.D. Martinez is hitting .444 (20x45) with 11 RBI in 12 games during July.

Dirks started his rehab in Lakeland earlier this week and has hit 4 for 13 so far with a double and an RBI.  No idea what they're going to do with him when his rehab is complete.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-07-13, 15:23

[quote="Floyd Robertson"]Tigers PR ‏@DetroitTigersPR 6m
With two hits today, J.D. Martinez is hitting .444 (20x45) with 11 RBI in 12 games during July.

Dirks started his rehab in Lakeland earlier this week and has hit 4 for 13 so far with a double and an RBI.  No idea what they're going to do with him when his rehab is complete.[

Would San Diego take him for Benoit?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next