Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LSU’s OC’s daughter-in-law killed one plane crash on the way to game today.

+4
Floyd Robertson
tGreenWay
steveschneider
DWags
8 posters

Go down

LSU’s OC’s daughter-in-law killed one plane crash on the way to game today.  Empty LSU’s OC’s daughter-in-law killed one plane crash on the way to game today.

Post by DWags 2019-12-28, 15:39

Wow. Horrible news.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/lsu-offensive-coordinator-to-coach-peach-bowl-semifinal-after-daughter-in-law-killed-in-plane-crash/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

LSU’s OC’s daughter-in-law killed one plane crash on the way to game today.  Empty Re: LSU’s OC’s daughter-in-law killed one plane crash on the way to game today.

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-28, 16:06

That is horrible. I feel so bad for that entire family.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

LSU’s OC’s daughter-in-law killed one plane crash on the way to game today.  Empty Re: LSU’s OC’s daughter-in-law killed one plane crash on the way to game today.

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-28, 17:13

Terrible.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-12-28, 18:07

Absolutely horrible news.

Sure isn't hindering LSU's offense. 49-14 almost halftime.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2019-12-28, 19:58

Damn. Honestly, if it was my OC, I would send the guy packing to get back to his son.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2019-12-28, 23:18

I told my wife that if anything happens to our kids, nothing is more important than them. What he did is what is wrong with America imo. You shouldn't be defined by your job. That dude worked instead of mourning his daughter.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-12-29, 07:58

InTenSity wrote:I told my wife that if anything happens to our kids, nothing is more important than them. What he did is what is wrong with America imo. You shouldn't be defined by your job. That dude worked instead of mourning his daughter.

This quote is pretty fucked if you ask me too intensity

Our thoughts and prayers out to him. Steve and his wife, his family are so distraught. Steve is a man. He knows how to handle things," Orgeron said.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-12-29, 08:12

InTenSity wrote:I told my wife that if anything happens to our kids, nothing is more important than them. What he did is what is wrong with America imo. You shouldn't be defined by your job. That dude worked instead of mourning his daughter.

There is no right or wrong way to mourn.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-12-29, 08:38

Cliche that means nothing aside.... Being in a place where you offer no availability for contact for support to your son whose wife just died may actually be the wrong way
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-12-29, 08:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Cliche that means nothing aside.... Being in a place where you offer no availability for contact for support to your son whose wife just died may actually be the wrong way

Pure speculation but I would guess he talked to his son and offered to be there in a minute. I would also guess his son said "Dad I will be ok for the day, go to work and get to the title game. I will see you tomorrow."

Like I said, there is no right or wrong. Families just cope the best that they can.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-12-29, 08:51

I don’t know about this situations details either but I would argue that there 100% is a wrong way and that cliche is bullshit to cover when people would prefer their sport ball games happen regardless of the outside world. There absolutely is a “wrong way”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-12-29, 08:57

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I don’t know about this situations details either but I would argue that there 100% is a wrong way and that cliche is bullshit to cover when people would prefer their sport ball games happen regardless of the outside world. There absolutely is a “wrong way”

Again, I'm sure father and son talked. If this is the way they chose to handle it who are you to tell them they are wrong?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-12-29, 08:59

Are you though? We don’t know that. And if they didn’t, which we don’t actually know, that would be a wrong way, yes? Which invalidates the cliche. There is in fact a wrong way.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-12-29, 09:08

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Are you though? We don’t know that. And if they didn’t, which we don’t actually know, that would be a wrong way, yes? Which invalidates the cliche. There is in fact a wrong way.

You're reaching now. Of course I don't "know" that they talked but c'mon. You think a plane crash killed the guys daughter in-law and he didn't bother to call? Or the son didn't call his Dad?

I guess it would one thing thing if the son called and said he needed his father and the Dad said sorry I have a football game. I just doubt that's the way it went down.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-12-29, 09:53

Bret Favre threw 5 touchdowns on the day his dad died. I cried like a baby 4 1/2 hours by myself in a truck driving to manistee at 1:00 A.M. couldn’t remember the drive.

I think we both loved our parents. I don’t know. I think my dad would have been pissed had he known I drove that far being that distracted. Sumabich was always tryna correct me someway.

Last edited by DWags on 2019-12-29, 18:19; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-29, 15:32

Either Travis or Duffy has to be a man and end this dsf.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-29, 16:53

I can see both sides to this one. I experienced a loss this year and took a day off to mourn.

Had another colleague come into work the day one of her parents passed away. She said it helped her and I get it.

The issue that I have is that I feel like upper management saw her as possibly being more dedicated to the job or it creates a situation where she could have a leg up on me for coming into work on this difficult day. I guess in short my main concern is upper management could say employee x took a day off to mourn leaving the department with extra work where employee y came into work and helped us stay productive. If this shit factors into performance evaluation that's kind of fucked up.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-29, 17:20

steveschneider wrote:I can see both sides to this one. I experienced a loss this year and took a day off to mourn.

Had another colleague come into work the day one of her parents passed away. She said it helped her and I get it.

The issue that I have is that I feel like upper management saw her as possibly being more dedicated to the job or it creates a situation where she could have a leg up on me for coming into work on this difficult day. I guess in short my main concern is upper management could say employee x took a day off to mourn leaving the department with extra work where employee y came into work and helped us stay productive. If this shit factors into performance evaluation that's kind of fucked up.

What you need to do is hire someone to kill your least favorite family member and then show up to work instead of staying home to mourn.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-29, 18:04

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I can see both sides to this one. I experienced a loss this year and took a day off to mourn.

What you need to do is hire someone to kill your least favorite family member and then show up to work instead of staying home to mourn.

Easier said than done...there's something incredibly permanent about death that I have a tough time dealing with. I wish I could just go to work when a loved one drops dead but I have a hard time accepting that they are gone forever and here I am on this big beautiful blue planet without them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2019-12-29, 18:16

tGreenWay wrote:Either Travis or Duffy has to be a man and end this dsf.

Just a difference of opinion.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-29, 18:51

Greenway you figured out what dsf is! LSU’s OC’s daughter-in-law killed one plane crash on the way to game today.  969504605 LSU’s OC’s daughter-in-law killed one plane crash on the way to game today.  969504605
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-29, 18:53

steveschneider wrote:Greenway you figured out what dsf is! LSU’s OC’s daughter-in-law killed one plane crash on the way to game today.  969504605 LSU’s OC’s daughter-in-law killed one plane crash on the way to game today.  969504605

Huh? When did I not know what a dsf is?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-29, 18:55

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Either Travis or Duffy has to be a man and end this dsf.

Just a difference of opinion.

LSU’s OC’s daughter-in-law killed one plane crash on the way to game today.  4113017228 I was having fun with the term Travis took issue with.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-12-29, 18:56

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Easier said than done...there's something incredibly permanent about death that I have a tough time dealing with. I wish I could just go to work when a loved one drops dead but I have a hard time accepting that they are gone forever and here I am on this big beautiful blue planet without them.

Be a man and go kill someone.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down