Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

when did TOB become populated by incel, climate change-denying, MAGA idiots?

+10
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
Death Roe
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
Banks2Mason
14 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

when did TOB become populated by incel, climate change-denying, MAGA idiots? Empty when did TOB become populated by incel, climate change-denying, MAGA idiots?

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-31, 09:29

was it always that way and i didn't notice? eh whatever. this place is dead but it least it isn't populated by morons who disgrace MSU.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

when did TOB become populated by incel, climate change-denying, MAGA idiots? Empty Re: when did TOB become populated by incel, climate change-denying, MAGA idiots?

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-31, 09:50

In 2016 there were definitely some here. When he won they came through this board and rubbed it in. I don’t go to the old board to see what’s going on but I did go after 2016 and was stunned to see in a thread about Comet PIng Pong Pizza posters with MSU degrees thought the DNC was running a child molestation ring out of the basement.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

when did TOB become populated by incel, climate change-denying, MAGA idiots? Empty Re: when did TOB become populated by incel, climate change-denying, MAGA idiots?

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-31, 09:52

Also, you missed the era of Loose Goose. He was a great dude but definitely had different beliefs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-12-31, 10:18

Did Guest's manifesto get deleted? I have no idea where to even look for it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-31, 10:52

steveschneider wrote:Also, you missed the era of Loose Goose. He was a great dude but definitely had different beliefs.

the cognitive dissonance is amazing. those guys take every opportunity (and not just on wells - there is no moderation there anymore) to shit on all minorities and then love to talk MSU hoops/fball, which are predominantly ... you guessed it!

no wonder draymond and others talk about "plantation mentality" and all that. it's disgusting.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-31, 11:25

Banks2Mason wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Also, you missed the era of Loose Goose. He was a great dude but definitely had different beliefs.

the cognitive dissonance is amazing. those guys take every opportunity (and not just on wells - there is no moderation there anymore) to shit on all minorities and then love to talk MSU hoops/fball, which are predominantly ... you guessed it!

no wonder draymond and others talk about "plantation mentality" and all that. it's disgusting.

Yeah, I remember a few posters used to post on that board about shooting cats and that stuff was on there way back in the day. You have to be a real sick fuck if your idea of good time is going out and shooting animals for fun. I think it's always been there maybe they just feel more embolden these days.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-12-31, 11:32

I guess one other thought, I have friends that are conservative as well as a lot of relatives that I care about. I don't mind diverse opinions and am able to have a disagreement with someone. I actually liked talking politics with Loose Goose even if I thought some of his ideas were way out there. He used to post articles from the 70's about forecast predictions and use it to disprove man made climate change. I remember googling one of the authors of his articles and the author was talking about the dangers of man made climate change. He wouldn't accept it but would accept one of his articles from the 70's. Just bizarre.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-31, 11:38

steveschneider wrote:I guess one other thought, I have friends that are conservative as well as a lot of relatives that I care about. I don't mind diverse opinions and am able to have a disagreement with someone. I actually liked talking politics with Loose Goose even if I thought some of his ideas were way out there. He used to post articles from the 70's about forecast predictions and use it to disprove man made climate change. I remember googling one of the authors of his articles and the author was talking about the dangers of man made climate change. He wouldn't accept it but would accept one of his articles from the 70's. Just bizarre.

there are some intellectually honest "conservatives" who understand that trump is a fucking narcissistic, raping, evil moron but tolerate it for economic reasons. i don't necessarily condone that, but there are plenty of others who actually believe that idiot. that's scary. they genuinely don't care about the country or its future just so they can "own the libs" and feel good about their own backward views.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-12-31, 11:38

Banks2Mason wrote:was it always that way and i didn't notice? eh whatever. this place is dead but it least it isn't populated by morons who disgrace MSU.

Always that way. I think that is why many of us are here. Although, I think Travis is on holiday. He is awful. So so awful.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-31, 11:42

Turtleneck wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:was it always that way and i didn't notice? eh whatever. this place is dead but it least it isn't populated by morons who disgrace MSU.

Always that way. I think that is why many of us are here. Although, I think Travis is on holiday. He is awful. So so awful.

at least there used to be mods who would clean up the rants about how "MSU encouraging diversity is bad" and other thinly veiled racist shit. from what GiB implied (after being stripped of being a mod), there's one person running the board, and it ain't TB.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-12-31, 12:05

Sounds like it's a lot worse. I'm not surprised. I haven't posted there in years.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-12-31, 12:52

Keep in mind that 100% of the usernames there are made up of 30% of the membership.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2019-12-31, 12:57

kingstonlake wrote:Keep in mind that 100% of the usernames there are made up of 30% of the membership.

that's generous
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-01, 10:56

when did TOB become populated by incel, climate change-denying, MAGA idiots? 502811600

The MAGA knuckle-draggers here don't enjoy having their hero mocked and ridiculed.. so they tend to take their fragile feelings elsewhere.

Maybe that's why they're all over there?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-01, 11:30

Banks2Mason wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

at least there used to be mods who would clean up the rants about how "MSU encouraging diversity is bad" and other thinly veiled racist shit. from what GiB implied (after being stripped of being a mod), there's one person running the board, and it ain't TB.

TOB jumped the shark when Gary became a mod.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2020-01-01, 11:42

NigelUno wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

Didn't he start dating Mel?
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-01-01, 11:55

I firmly believe TOB under 247/CBS ownership tolerates posts from professional trolls with multiple screen names to boost viewer/poster.

This is based on what some of what others here have have noted about the thinly disguised MAGA and white supremacy threads allowed to remain unlocked.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-01, 12:07

Death Roe wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

That's highly personal information, but I did hear it somewhere.

Oh, wait. It was from Mel. She told the whole board about it.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2020-01-01, 12:51

NigelUno wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

That's highly personal information, but I did hear it somewhere.

Oh, wait. It was from Mel. She told the whole board about it.

Oh that’s right! That was when I was just about to leave the board.

I can’t imagine the RCMB has gotten better. I’m sure TPain and gang are running the asylum.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-01, 12:54

They're not supporters of free speech, either.. so they have that going for them, too.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-01-01, 13:29

Turtleneck wrote:

Hey boo when did TOB become populated by incel, climate change-denying, MAGA idiots? 1f618
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-01-01, 17:51

Reagan raped a lady once. Proven fact.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-02, 07:04

https://mobile.twitter.com/ResistsSerena/status/1212524501537316866

Is this what the old board looks like?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-02, 09:12

GRR Spartan wrote:I firmly believe TOB under 247/CBS ownership tolerates posts from professional trolls with multiple screen names to boost viewer/poster.

This is based on what some of what others here have have noted about the thinly disguised MAGA and white supremacy threads allowed to remain unlocked.

you're probably 100% right. and despite all the shit TB and Mel say on there, there is absolutely no way they have "100% ownership/control of the board" like they claim. companies like CBS don't allow that shit.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-02, 10:11

GRR Spartan wrote:I firmly believe TOB under 247/CBS ownership tolerates posts from professional trolls with multiple screen names to boost viewer/poster.

I would guess there's a profit incentive tied into posts/views/hits. But, I could be wrong.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-02, 10:47

NigelUno wrote:

I would guess there's a profit incentive tied into posts/views/hits. But, I could be wrong.

that's obviously it. there are plenty of professional trolls/racists there who have never been banned because they generate posts. sad what it's become.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-01-02, 12:31

steveschneider wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/ResistsSerena/status/1212524501537316866

This poor kid.

when did TOB become populated by incel, climate change-denying, MAGA idiots? Ac07d110
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-01-02, 12:32

And yeah I added the hitler stache. So sue me.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-02, 12:35

Rocinante wrote:And yeah I added the hitler stache. So sue me.

it's ok. that dude would grow one if he had enough testosterone.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-02, 15:04

Haven’t read the responses here yet, but my answer to the OP’s question is yes, it’s always been that way. There’s just no moderation over there now to nip it in the bud.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-02, 15:16

Rocinante wrote:
steveschneider wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/ResistsSerena/status/1212524501537316866

This poor kid.

when did TOB become populated by incel, climate change-denying, MAGA idiots? Ac07d110
he seems very caring, loving and supportive.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-02, 15:35

Banks2Mason wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I guess one other thought, I have friends that are conservative as well as a lot of relatives that I care about. I don't mind diverse opinions and am able to have a disagreement with someone. I actually liked talking politics with Loose Goose even if I thought some of his ideas were way out there. He used to post articles from the 70's about forecast predictions and use it to disprove man made climate change. I remember googling one of the authors of his articles and the author was talking about the dangers of man made climate change. He wouldn't accept it but would accept one of his articles from the 70's. Just bizarre.

there are some intellectually honest "conservatives" who understand that trump is a fucking narcissistic, raping, evil moron but tolerate it for economic reasons. i don't necessarily condone that, but there are plenty of others who actually believe that idiot. that's scary. they genuinely don't care about the country or its future just so they can "own the libs" and feel good about their own backward views.

There were a couple of times when I may have accused our former resident conservative of being intellectually dishonest. I may have also said intentionally obtuse. However, cognitive dissonance is probably more apt, at least most of the time.
As I’ve mentioned here, Guest left us because he said we were too political on the Beaumont board. But as you’ve noted, TOB is way more political in the non-Wells forum. It’s just that the comments being made over there are coming from his political POV.
I miss having Guest here, but one good thing did come out of his divorcing us; LWS went with him and hasn’t been back here since. That’s a beautiful thing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-02, 15:56

tGreenWay wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

There were a couple of times when I may have accused our former resident conservative of being intellectually dishonest. I may have also said intentionally obtuse. However, cognitive dissonance is probably more apt, at least most of the time.
As I’ve mentioned here, Guest left us because he said we were too political on the Beaumont board. But as you’ve noted, TOB is way more political in the non-Wells forum. It’s just that the comments being made over there are coming from his political POV.
I miss having Guest here, but one good thing did come out of his divorcing us; LWS went with him and hasn’t been back here since. That’s a beautiful thing.
says a lot when even the christian knuckle-draggers can't hang around to defend their hero.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-02, 16:05

tGreenWay wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

here's an incomplete list of my favorite batshit right-wing talking points over there on the main board that many agree with:

1) MSU having more diversity is bad and "devalues" their degree. Nevermind that MSU let anyone who could read into the school back in the 70s when you went

2) Everything that moron Engler said "needed to be said" and MSU "shouldn't cater to the SJWs" (you know, assault victims)

3) Anyone who refers to Dantonio's "church buddies" is insulting his religion and should be banned. This one is particularly moronic.

4) Everyone brown is bad except if they can dunk for MSU
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-01-02, 16:29

tGreenWay wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:

Guest = LWS confirmed.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-02, 18:20

Banks2Mason wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

here's an incomplete list of my favorite batshit right-wing talking points over there on the main board that many agree with:

1) MSU having more diversity is bad and "devalues" their degree. Nevermind that MSU let anyone who could read into the school back in the 70s when you went

2) Everything that moron Engler said "needed to be said" and MSU "shouldn't cater to the SJWs" (you know, assault victims)

3) Anyone who refers to Dantonio's "church buddies" is insulting his religion and should be banned. This one is particularly moronic.

MAGA christian patriots are gonna be MAGA christian patriots

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-02, 19:37

Banks2Mason wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Number three especially.
Edit: Although #2 is close behind.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-01-02, 22:11

I've gone over there recently, and I noticed the same thing. What a disgrace to MSU
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-02, 22:29

Bullwinkle actually wrote this in a thread about lack of students of color at Wisconsin evidently minority students are upset by this on their campus.

“ .or will they just grow up and stop fixating on the conditions of their birth?”

I mean, if you try to explain white privilege to that guy, would he listen, care or even begin to comprehend the fact some great students from urban areas with one or no parents and schools that lack those things suburban schools have?

It’s such an ignorant statement, one that he totally believes, that it would just be exhausting to try to explain.

I think that’s what is happening to many people these last four years. It’s just too exhausting to try.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-03, 07:53

DWags wrote:

“ .or will they just grow up and stop fixating on the conditions of their birth?”

pretty much the definition of white/middle class privilege. of which, by the way, i am 100% a beneficiary and realize it.

these idiots simply cannot comprehend that civil rights are not a pie. just because some minority group gets more basic civil rights does not mean you get less. it's dumbfounding.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next