Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Izzo wanted Juwan Howard in Green and White

+7
Nordic
StylesGShmooth
NigelUno
steveschneider
Banks2Mason
tGreenWay
DWags
11 posters

Go down

Izzo wanted Juwan Howard in Green and White Empty Izzo wanted Juwan Howard in Green and White

Post by DWags 2020-01-03, 15:20

Him and Jud took a big shot.

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2020/01/nearly-30-years-after-recruiting-him-tom-izzo-set-to-coach-against-juwan-howard.html?fbclid=IwAR3HRvjaBaB0yXAdq3qgjidwNPKzvz-gTgGBxpqvRgzEztIsqZY49L3657k
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Izzo wanted Juwan Howard in Green and White Empty Re: Izzo wanted Juwan Howard in Green and White

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-03, 15:28

Fuck juwan howard.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Izzo wanted Juwan Howard in Green and White Empty Re: Izzo wanted Juwan Howard in Green and White

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-03, 15:37

MSU tried to recruit a good HS basketball player? I AM SHOCKED. Crack reporting there, mlive.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-03, 15:44

tGreenWay wrote:Fuck juwan howard.

This.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-03, 15:45

I still hate all of the Fab 5. Kind of warmed up to Jalen a little bit with his half time analysis but over all he sucks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-03, 15:47

Banks2Mason wrote:MSU tried to recruit a good HS basketball player? I AM SHOCKED. Crack reporting there, mlive.

Pt. 2 in this series will be how CHRIS WEBBER SNUBBED MICHIGAN STATE FOR MICHIGAN!!!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-03, 15:48

steveschneider wrote:I still hate all of the Fab 5. Kind of warmed up to Jalen a little bit with his half time analysis but over all he sucks.

He’s absolutely the worst to me. Smug, condescending, arrogant ass.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Banks2Mason 2020-01-03, 16:03

tGreenWay wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I still hate all of the Fab 5. Kind of warmed up to Jalen a little bit with his half time analysis but over all he sucks.

hell no. Jalen is the worst BY FAR.
Banks2Mason
Banks2Mason
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-03, 16:16

tGreenWay wrote:

You just described Jim Harbaugh and 97% of their fan base.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-03, 16:21

I bet practices will be intense today and tomorrow.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-03, 16:42

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You just described Jim Harbaugh and 97% of their fan base.

Excellent point, and yet Jailin’ is even worse. That’s how bad he is.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-03, 16:43

NigelUno wrote:I bet practices will be intense today and tomorrow.

No, I’d be surprised if there’s even a sweat broken on anyone. Rolling Eyes
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-03, 16:45

Didn't some lady sue Juwan because he gave her herpies?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-03, 17:15

steveschneider wrote:Didn't some lady sue Juwan because he gave her herpies?

She tried. IIRC, the case was rejected by the judge and Howard successfully counter-sued.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-03, 17:34

So she got herpes and a counter law suit? That sucks.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-03, 19:21

steveschneider wrote:Didn't some lady sue Juwan because he gave her herpies?

That makes him worse than Jalen.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2020-01-03, 20:25

tGreenWay wrote:
Banks2Mason wrote:MSU tried to recruit a good HS basketball player? I AM SHOCKED. Crack reporting there, mlive.

Pt. 2 in this series will be how CHRIS WEBBER SNUBBED MICHIGAN STATE FOR MICHIGAN!!!

Will it be titled 'The Clarence Underwood Debacle'?
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-03, 21:22

StylesGShmooth wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Izzo wanted Juwan Howard in Green and White 502811600 Probably should be, but let’s not forget: Chris Webber was always going to u-m because that’s where Ed Martin wanted him to go, and that’s where he paid him to go. Clarence was a convenient excuse until the truth came out. I love the man. He gave MSU his best years, and that counts for something in my book. Plus, Dr. Underwood is just a really nice man.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-04, 07:23

I’m glad we never got Howard or Juwan. They were weak and turned to the dark side.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-01-04, 12:58

steveschneider wrote:I’m glad we never got Howard or Juwan. They were weak and turned to the dark side.

You trippin' again bro?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-04, 14:30

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I’m glad we never got Howard or Juwan. They were weak and turned to the dark side.

You trippin' again bro?

😂 I was definitely coming out of deep rem sleep when I posted that.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2020-01-04, 14:47; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-01-04, 14:46

tGreenWay wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:

Izzo wanted Juwan Howard in Green and White 502811600 Probably should be, but let’s not forget: Chris Webber was always going to u-m because that’s where Ed Martin wanted him to go, and that’s where he paid him to go. Clarence was a convenient excuse until the truth came out. I love the man. He gave MSU his best years, and that counts for something in my book. Plus, Dr. Underwood is just a really nice man.

I'm not so sure Webber was "always" being a U of M lock. I really think Jud ( but mostly Izzo) were close to landing him.

Uncle Ed just put him over the top probably because he would have demanded early payment on the loan if C-Webb came to MSU.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-01-04, 14:49

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I'm not so sure Webber was "always" being a U of M lock. I really think Jud ( but mostly Izzo) were close to landing him.

Uncle Ed just put him over the top probably because he would have demanded early payment on the loan if C-Webb came to MSU.

If money wasn't involved there is no way Weber goes to Michigan. He's as much said so
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-04, 15:42

aualum06 wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

If money wasn't involved there is no way Weber goes to Michigan. He's as much said so

His dad shopped him around in high school. I worked with the athletic director who was at Cranbrook. Webber’s family wanted cash. Cranbrook told them no. They weren’t in the basketball business. I cant prove that story is true, but I was having lunch at the time with three other Cranbrook administrators. So either they all were lying or it’s legit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-01-04, 15:48

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

His dad shopped him around in high school. I worked with the athletic director who was at Cranbrook. Webber’s family wanted cash. Cranbrook told them no. They weren’t in the basketball business. I cant prove that story is true, but I was having lunch at the time with three other Cranbrook administrators. So either they all were lying or it’s legit.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. I would also bet that in addition to his "need based" scholarship at country day he was given more. Aka $$$$.

I've suspected for years that these private high school have boosters very similar to the college kind.

You would know better than I so I would like your opinion on this.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-04, 18:00

How dirty was their championship team? I'm sure this shit was going on before the Fab 5.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-01-04, 18:29

steveschneider wrote:How dirty was their championship team? I'm sure this shit was going on before the Fab 5.

They've been dirty going back to Johnny Orr
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-01-04, 19:26

steveschneider wrote:How dirty was their championship team? I'm sure this shit was going on before the Fab 5.
Yes, it was. It has been widely reported that Ed Martin was paying players back to 83 or 84, I believe, maybe earlier.

The ONLY reason their 89 championship team didn't get embroiled in all of that is that it was just barely outside the statute of limitations for what the FBI was investigating Ed Martin for.

The NCAA didn't look for--err, "find"--anything before the Feds started investigating, so after the investigators found all the wrong doing, the NCAA sure as hell weren't going to re-look at things outside of the FBI timeline.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-04, 20:50

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Yes, it was. It has been widely reported that Ed Martin was paying players back to 83 or 84, I believe, maybe earlier.

The ONLY reason their 89 championship team didn't get embroiled in all of that is that it was just barely outside the statute of limitations for what the FBI was investigating Ed Martin for.

The NCAA didn't look for--err, "find"--anything before the Feds started investigating, so after the investigators found all the wrong doing, the NCAA sure as hell weren't going to re-look at things outside of the FBI timeline.

Good stuff.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-04, 21:21

MiamiSpartan wrote:

But Miami, Mitch Albom followed them for a whole year and wrote a book. He had a famous line in it, “Weber saw his jersey walking around campus, and said ‘people wearing my jersey all over and I can’t afford a hamburger’”.

I mean if he was going to parties with them, he’d have noticed they had cash and cars. Right? Mitch wouldn’t fib about that, would he?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2020-01-04, 21:42

DWags wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

But Miami, Mitch Albom followed them for a whole year and wrote a book. He had a famous line in it, “Weber saw his jersey walking around campus, and said ‘people wearing my jersey all over and I can’t afford a hamburger’”.

I mean if he was going to parties with them, he’d have noticed they had cash and cars. Right? Mitch wouldn’t fib about that, would he?

Depends was it in St Louis in 2005?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-04, 22:15

aualum06 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Depends was it in St Louis in 2005?

Izzo wanted Juwan Howard in Green and White 502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-05, 09:36

Is this the game thread? I need to know. Well, is it?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-05, 10:04

kingstonlake wrote:Is this the game thread? I need to know. Well, is it?

Nordic starts the game thread. Don’t even think about it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-05, 10:06

DWags wrote:

This.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-05, 10:08

DWags wrote:

Not OTPT?

Molly Rose 11
OTPT 0
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down