Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll

+8
Trapper Gus
Nordic
Motown Spartan
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
kingstonlake
NigelUno
12 posters

Go down

Juwan Howard Punishment?

tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll Vote_lcap5%tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll Vote_lcap21%tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll Vote_lcap58%tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 11 ]
tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll Vote_lcap16%tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 19

Poll tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-21, 09:45

tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll 1542793333
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Poll Re: tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll

Post by kingstonlake 2022-02-21, 09:53

Zzzzzzzzzz

Another Michigan thread
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-02-21, 10:31

voted.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-21, 10:35

I voted rest of season.

UM has to address it soon though, or I'm changing my vote.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-02-21, 11:09

I misread. I thought this was what I think should happen and not what will. I will also be changing my vote.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-21, 11:35

Remainder of season seems too short. Firing him is too far. How about remainder of season plus first five games of next season, plus the Wiscy assistant coach he hit gets a freebie, open-palmed smack on Howard’s ugly mug.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-02-21, 11:53

tGreenWay wrote:Remainder of season seems too short. Firing him is too far. How about remainder of season plus first five games of next season, plus the Wiscy assistant coach he hit gets a freebie, open-palmed smack on Howard’s ugly mug.

We need to stop ignoring that it is still Wisconsin basketball. Words like sneaky, instigate, agitate, and flop immediately come to mind to describe how they play so is it really different off the court? Both of these programs are terrible, and both coaches showed a fair amount of entitlement. Although I get a kick out of Howard grabbing somebody after he shouts "don't touch me."
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-02-21, 11:56

What I think he should get and what I think he will get are two different things.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2022-02-21, 13:25

I would have voted for a spanking if it was an option.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-21, 15:42

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Remainder of season seems too short. Firing him is too far. How about remainder of season plus first five games of next season, plus the Wiscy assistant coach he hit gets a freebie, open-palmed smack on Howard’s ugly mug.

We need to stop ignoring that it is still Wisconsin basketball. Words like sneaky, instigate, agitate, and flop immediately come to mind to describe how they play so is it really different off the court? Both of these programs are terrible, and both coaches showed a fair amount of entitlement. Although I get a kick out of Howard grabbing somebody after he shouts "don't touch me."

Wat?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-21, 15:47

Turtleneck wrote:I would have voted for a spanking if it was an option.

My original choice was to allow Spartan fans to line up and slapsmack Howard for embarrassing the entire conference yesterday, and as payback for wiping his stanky ass on our Spartan S.
However, it seemed apparent I was only trying to insert an old Spartan grievance into yesterday’s national catastrophe. It’s okay to stay back and let umaa self-destruct. Our day will come and Sparta will be avenged.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-21, 16:48

70/30

Suspension rest of season/Getting fired

They have to announce something today or he's toast.

Tick Tock
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-02-21, 16:58

NigelUno wrote:70/30

Tick Tock
see - I just posted in the other thread that the longer this goes, the more I think they're finding a way to weasel out of it, let the Big Ten suspend him for 2 games, $10,000 and anger management counseling.

I was thinking we'd hear something by noon today.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-21, 17:09

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
NigelUno wrote:70/30

Tick Tock
see - I just posted in the other thread that the longer this goes, the more I think they're finding a way to weasel out of it, let the Big Ten suspend him for 2 games, $10,000 and anger management counseling.

I think there's some negotiation going on. Either Juwan wants to appeal a suspension (and UM doesn't want that), or he's going to get fired with cause (or resign with some buy out).

But, I could be wrong.

If the Wisconsin Coach gets a 1 game suspension (or any players get 1 game suspensions), Juwan's has to be longer than 2 games. I think.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-02-21, 17:11

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:see - I just posted in the other thread that the longer this goes, the more I think they're finding a way to weasel out of it, let the Big Ten suspend him for 2 games, $10,000 and anger management counseling.

I think there's some negotiation going on. Either Juwan wants to appeal a suspension (and UM doesn't want that), or he's going to get fired with cause (or resign with some buy out).

But, I could be wrong.

If the Wisconsin Coach gets a 1 game suspension (or any players get 1 game suspensions), Juwan's has to be longer than 2 games. I think.
yeah - who knows.

I still think it's mind boggling that someone can go to work, take a swing at someone and still have a job the next day.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-02-21, 17:37

NigelUno wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:see - I just posted in the other thread that the longer this goes, the more I think they're finding a way to weasel out of it, let the Big Ten suspend him for 2 games, $10,000 and anger management counseling.

But, I could be wrong.

They are waiting till he end of the day when it is off the national news cycle.

My opinion on what they should get:

Howard - 5 games. I can see him getting more based on prior incidents (Maryland).
Gard - 1 game. Don't grab an opposing coaches arm.
Krabbenhoft - 1 game. He inserted himself into the middle of it. No need. And he did it in an aggressive manner at Michigan coaches and players. I can't tell if he touched an opposing player/coach, but it looks highly probable. If he was trying to deescalate, he should of turned his back Michigan coaches/players and towards his own coaches/players trying to separate them.
Neath - 5 games, he throw at least one punch.
Williams - 5 games. He pulled a Wisky coach to the floor, may or may not of thrown a punch, but was in the middle of the melee pushing and shoving and it looked like he took a swing at Neath
Diabate - 5 games. He threw two clear haymakers. I can see him getting more based on prior incidents (Rutgers).

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-21, 17:40

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

But, I could be wrong.

Howard - 5 games. I can see him getting more based on prior incidents (Maryland).
Krabbenhoft - 1 game. He inserted himself into the middle of it. No need. And he did it in an aggressive manner at Michigan coaches and players. I can't tell if he touched an opposing player/coach, but it looks highly probable. If he was trying to deescalate, he should of turned his back Michigan coaches/players and towards his own coaches/players trying to separate them.
Williams - 5 games. He pulled a Wisky coach to the floor, may or may not of thrown a punch, but was in the middle of the melee pushing and shoving and it looked like he took a swing at Neath
Diabate - 5 games. He threw two clear haymakers. I can see him getting more based on prior incidents (Rutgers).

Hope you are being "/s" about Wisconsin - it would be a travesty, and the "hand grab" as shown elsewhere, is a standard thing that coaches do when talking to other coaches.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-21, 17:53

Nordic wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

But, I could be wrong.

Not sure there's such a thing as "end of the day" with the interwebs. Story's not going away.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-22, 09:00

10 correct answers!

(3 still pending.)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-22, 09:11

NigelUno wrote:10 correct answers!

(3 still pending.)

I'm not changing my vote however it seems unlikely he will be fired & I don't think he will resign.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-02-22, 09:38

Trapper Gus wrote:

(3 still pending.)

I'm not changing my vote however it seems unlikely he will be fired & I don't think he will resign.

tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll 4113017228 There were no correct answers. There are games remaining this season after his suspension is up.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-22, 09:45

Trapper Gus wrote:

(3 still pending.)

TBD. If he skips his anger management classes, they could get rid of him.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-02-22, 11:53

NigelUno wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Does he actually have to take anger management classes or is he just going to go on a two week vacation with the Board of Trustees?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-02-22, 11:54

Voted nothing, since that's basically what happened.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2022-02-22, 12:22

kingstonlake wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

tOfficial Juwan Howard Punishment Poll 4113017228 There were no correct answers. There are games remaining this season after his suspension is up.

Ok, one loss in the BTT because they aren't getting an NIT invite.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-02-22, 12:25

Jake from State Farm wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Does he actually have to take anger management classes or is he just going to go on a two week vacation with the Board of Trustees?

I doubt any BoT member would want to be seen with him.

Interesting question though...I would assume being suspended means you can't come into work...what is he going to do for the next few weeks? Will UM allow Zoom meetings?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-02-22, 13:02

NigelUno wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

I doubt any BoT member would want to be seen with him.

Interesting question though...I would assume being suspended means you can't come into work...what is he going to do for the next few weeks? Will UM allow Zoom meetings?

I'm just going to assume they'll be holding closed practices for a couple of weeks.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2022-02-22, 16:49

Gonna be honest, I never knew how egregious it was to grab a person's arm when trying to talk to them.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-02-22, 16:51

StylesGShmooth wrote:Gonna be honest, I never knew how egregious it was to grab a person's arm when trying to talk to them.

Attempt of Murder
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2022-02-22, 17:37

StylesGShmooth wrote:Gonna be honest, I never knew how egregious it was to grab a person's arm when trying to talk to them.

Touching someone on the forearm in a handshake line is a crime on par with human trafficking.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-02-23, 17:01

Saw an article from reddit that Herps got the bigger fine because of the color of his skin.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-23, 18:13

Jake from State Farm wrote:Saw an article from reddit that Herps got the bigger fine because of the color of his skin.

Too many people who have no idea what happened, nor what the norms are in the handshake line, weighting in on this.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-02-24, 08:32

question: when a coach is suspended, does he lose contact with the program entirely? Is he at practices, film sessions, etc? Or is he just sitting at home on a paid vacation?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2022-02-24, 08:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:question: when a coach is suspended, does he lose contact with the program entirely? Is he at practices, film sessions, etc? Or is he just sitting at home on a paid vacation?

He is not allowed to contact the team/enter facilities. It is also unpaid (per game).
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down