Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants

+8
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
Wally Fairway
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
12 posters

Go down

According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants Empty According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-07, 07:21

Oh well it is what it is.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants Empty Re: According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-01-07, 07:33

Trust in Dantonio
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants Empty Re: According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-07, 07:35

If it ain’t fixed don’t break it......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-01-07, 07:48

The only legit reason to change the staff is if they aren't executing the head coaches vision... So any changes are just windows dressing to placate loud fans.
Dantonio don't play that game.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-01-07, 07:50

[tw]1214529531819806725[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-07, 07:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1214529531819806725[/tw]

According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants AFCA19-CONV-LOGO
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-07, 07:59

I guess that Harns take makes sense. Isn’t that pretty much what he did to Dan Roushar? Maybe Jim Bohlman retires.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-01-07, 08:01

NigelUno wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1214529531819806725[/tw]

Good info.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-07, 08:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Good info.

This type of insight is only available on THE Swill.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-07, 08:09

Who’s gonna run MSU’s booth?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2020-01-07, 08:24

Well that kind of really sucks - it is telling, at least to me, that there is nobody trying to hire any of the MSU assistants into programs that have hired new coaches.

So I guess MSU is what it is, and it isn't like an administrator who was picked to be Athletic Director is going to have some vision about improving the program (or anything else for that matter).

Looks like we are (or at least I am) stuck reminiscing about the olden days of 2010-2015, beating Michy 5 outta 6 and OSU 3 outta 5 times. Wheee!!!
According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants 2267303065 According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants 2267303065 According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants 2267303065
:poop: :poop: :poop:
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-07, 08:29

Also, who’s going to be our qb next year?we might be oooking at a 5-6 win season.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-07, 08:33

I still think there will be some change.

But if there isn't, I am concerned regarding the message that this sends to anonymous internet message board posters.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-07, 08:37

steveschneider wrote:Also, who’s going to be our qb next year?we might be oooking at a 5-6 win season.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-01-07, 08:50

According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants Giphy
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-01-07, 09:00

5-7
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-07, 09:11

Just win the first. Move on from there. We never had control of anything in the program, we never will. I want Dantonio to have a staff he likes and believes in. If they fail fire him. But either way, we’ll all be watching the first game. Win that and move on.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-07, 09:46

DWags wrote:Just win the first. Move on from there. We never had control of anything in the program, we never will. I want Dantonio to have a staff he likes and believes in. If they fail fire him. But either way, we’ll all be watching the first game. Win that and move on.

I'm cool with 7-8 wins a year. Just give me a team that can take down UofM every now and then and I'm happy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-07, 10:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:5-7

Bummer.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-07, 10:51

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:Just win the first. Move on from there. We never had control of anything in the program, we never will. I want Dantonio to have a staff he likes and believes in. If they fail fire him. But either way, we’ll all be watching the first game. Win that and move on.

I'm cool with 7-8 wins a year. Just give me a team that can take down UofM every now and then and I'm happy.

As much as this kind of sucks, I'm pretty good with it also. Unless, MSU, the alumni base and the administration commits to what it will take to be an OSU or Alabama, this is really the best we can hope for with a year or two up at 10 or 11 victories and a punchers chance against the elites in America. In the mean time, we'll experience valleys like 5 wins or 6 wins.

I'm really at the point where college sports are kind of a turnoff to me. I admire the teams that thrive, but it's just so rare you get one that thrives while doing it on the up and up. And then there is the NCAA, so corrupt so money hungry, indentured servants making them rich. All kind of sucks.

So, yeah, I'm with you on the 7 or 8 win respectable program. Beat our rival 3 of 5 and take a good punch at the elite once every 4 or 5 years.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2020-01-07, 11:05

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

As much as this kind of sucks, I'm pretty good with it also. Unless, MSU, the alumni base and the administration commits to what it will take to be an OSU or Alabama, this is really the best we can hope for with a year or two up at 10 or 11 victories and a punchers chance against the elites in America. In the mean time, we'll experience valleys like 5 wins or 6 wins.

I'm really at the point where college sports are kind of a turnoff to me. I admire the teams that thrive, but it's just so rare you get one that thrives while doing it on the up and up. And then there is the NCAA, so corrupt so money hungry, indentured servants making them rich. All kind of sucks.

So, yeah, I'm with you on the 7 or 8 win respectable program. Beat our rival 3 of 5 and take a good punch at the elite once every 4 or 5 years.

Pretty sure Coach D is aiming a bit higher than you nancies.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-01-07, 11:10

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I don't really buy the premise that there have to be valleys like 5 wins. Ferentz goes 3-9 in his second year and only one season under .500 in the next 19. Guarantee me at least 8 wins a season and I'm ecstatic.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-07, 11:10

Heat Miser wrote:
DWags wrote:

Pretty sure Coach D is aiming a bit higher than you nancies.

Me too. He has to. I'm just saying where I think he can get to. Not realy much different than where he has gotten to.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-07, 11:10

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The reality is we are way behind OSU and UM in revenue and spending, and also behind Penn State and Wisconsin. If we had the revenue that those schools did, then I'd expect better results (than 8-4).

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-07, 11:19

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

The reality is we are way behind OSU and UM in revenue and spending, and also behind Penn State and Wisconsin. If we had the revenue that those schools did, then I'd expect better results (than 8-4).

Well here's another reality: Do you think in the current state of MSU with regards to Nassar, Hollis, LAKS, the ESPN thing, the new board, the new President and the whatever AD, that we will ever emphasize athletics at MSU? Here is my belief, and talk me out of it: When Dantonio and Izzo leave MSU, if we don't hire an Alpha coach with a personality like Harbaugh, we're screwed in those sports. We'll be in the desert for some time after those two. And the board will be in no way obligated to help out or love athletics at MSU.

When OSU filled our stands in JLS last year, we had some real friendly board members toward football. Dave Porteous, loved MSU athletics. My nephew stood up in his kids wedding. I talked to him in Minneapolis last April, he still loves MSU athletics. Not there to do anything anymore.
as much as we all hate Joel Ferguson, he's a fucking dinosaur. Nobody will listen to him. He's buh bye. I don't know, I'm probably being a Nancy like Heat says, but these are some real concerns for me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-07, 11:20

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:

I don't really buy the premise that there have to be valleys like 5 wins. Ferentz goes 3-9 in his second year and only one season under .500 in the next 19. Guarantee me at least 8 wins a season and I'm ecstatic.

OK, so Iowa is our goal. that's the reality.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-01-07, 11:28

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

OK, so Iowa is our goal.   that's the reality.  

Iowa last five years: 

12-2
8-5
8-5
9-4
10-3

That's fine, but I think even that is asking too much at this point. Especially since MSU will always have UM, OSU, and PSU on the schedule.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-07, 11:33

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Well here's another reality: Do you think in the current state of MSU with regards to Nassar, Hollis, LAKS, the ESPN thing, the new board, the new President and the whatever AD, that we will ever emphasize athletics at MSU? Here is my belief, and talk me out of it: When Dantonio and Izzo leave MSU, if we don't hire an Alpha coach with a personality like Harbaugh, we're screwed in those sports. We'll be in the desert for some time after those two. And the board will be in no way obligated to help out or love athletics at MSU.

When OSU filled our stands in JLS last year, we had some real friendly board members toward football. Dave Porteous, loved MSU athletics. My nephew stood up in his kids wedding. I talked to him in Minneapolis last April, he still loves MSU athletics. Not there to do anything anymore.
as much as we all hate Joel Ferguson, he's a fucking dinosaur. Nobody will listen to him. He's buh bye. I don't know, I'm probably being a Nancy like Heat says, but these are some real concerns for me.

I don't think anyone (new President or Board members) wants to make a big financial commitment to football (that would put us on par with big programs), or really have a lot to do with the Athletic Department in general.

We'll need a good Athletic Director to lead the programs (and raise money) to ensure success.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-01-07, 11:51

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

I don't think anyone (new President or Board members) wants to make a big financial commitment to football (that would put us on par with big programs), or really have a lot to do with the Athletic Department in general.

We'll need a good Athletic Director to lead the programs (and raise money) to ensure success.

MSU has made so much money off of basketball I can't see them ever letting that go to shit. I also think Tom Izzo will make sure he hands over the program in great shape.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-07, 12:30

steveschneider wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

MSU has made so much money off of basketball I can't see them ever letting that go to shit. I also think Tom Izzo will make sure he hands over the program in great shape.

I think he might play a bigger role than that. (Just a guess)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-07, 12:37

I tend to agree with DWags here, in terms of college sports. I still love and watch MSU and most all college sports. Hell, last night I was watching Illinois vs. Indiana women's basketball on BTN.. and Indiana was up 40. According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants 502811600

it's what I do when I don't feel like reading, not really interested in listening to music.. I'll just flip on sports - any sport -and watch it. I take pride it not taking any of it really seriously. Of course, I want MSU to play well and if it leads to a win, great. If not, I kinda shrug and grab another drink.

I like teams and programs that do it the right way.. and fan bases that, for the most part, are rational.

wife and I were talking over winter break about the SEC football people. And we have a ton of family who are SEC alums/fans. You hear commentators saying "the big campers arrive a week before the game in (insert SEC town here) to tailgate for the big rivalry"... like it's a positive thing.

how vacant must a person's life be to live in that sort of existence? And those are just our family members..  According to Graham Couch No Change To Assistants 502811600

/rambling
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-01-07, 13:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I like teams and programs that do it the right way...

No such team and program exists. Even teams and programs that play by the rules exploit athletes, and the coaches are complicit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down