Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graham Couch: Improved perception of MSU football obvious among Big Ten peers

+3
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
7 posters

Go down

Article Graham Couch: Improved perception of MSU football obvious among Big Ten peers

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:43 pm

"There is enough doubt remaining about the lasting viability of Michigan State’s football program to provide the Spartans with an extra dose of motivation. Any skepticism, however, is from beyond the Big Ten. Within the walls of this conference, the admiration for the Spartans is creating a noticeably different vibe.

MSU’s climb up the Big Ten football hierarchy can be felt in conversations with its peers. Polls can be wrong. Pundits can whiff. One’s competitors, though, they usually see the truth.

“I think they’re a national player,” Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer said of the Spartans at this week’s Big Ten media days. “I can speak to what people think of them now — they’re a national contender.”

LINK
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Article Re: Graham Couch: Improved perception of MSU football obvious among Big Ten peers

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:51 pm

that's comforting.. I'm really glad that Urban Meyer's impression of us is improving.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Article Re: Graham Couch: Improved perception of MSU football obvious among Big Ten peers

Post by InTenSity Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:52 pm

I really hope this is a special year. Everyone seems so focused on the goal of making the playoffs. This is a coach D Team.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:55 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:that's comforting.. I'm really glad that Urban Meyer's impression of us is improving.

We can hate on Urban Meyer as much as we want, but he wins. Can't deny that.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:11 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

well he mostly wins..

I'm just a little curious as to how people talk about how dirty his programs are, how he's a very dishonest, unlikeable person.. but he says something complimentary about MSU and I'm supposed to suddenly take his thoughts earnestly?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:18 pm

Course Meyer is going to say that. We beat them. They would look inferior if he said they lost to a nobody in the title game
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:14 pm

How many more wins against tOSU do we need before Meyer takes time off for his health and to be with his family?
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Urban makes the game fun, sure he's a douche but when you beat his team its a big deal.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:33 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
well he mostly wins..

I'm just a little curious as to how people talk about how dirty his programs are, how he's a very dishonest, unlikeable person.. but he says something complimentary about MSU and I'm supposed to suddenly take his thoughts earnestly?

Well... Because..... Shut up.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Blanch32 wrote:Course Meyer is going to say that.  We beat them.  They would look inferior if he said they lost to a norbody in the title game
Unfortunately there are 5 major conferences and only 4 playoff spots, so someone is going to be left out (and probably two when the SEC inevitably gets two teams in.) Really, the prudent thing to do is for all B1G coaches to be jerking each other off like crazy to make the conference look better. Talking about how much our opponents all suck or even are anything but top flight competition would do us no favors.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:41 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Unfortunately there are 5 major conferences and only 4 playoff spots, so someone is going to be left out (and probably two when the SEC inevitably gets two teams in.) Really, the prudent thing to do is for all B1G coaches to be jerking each other off like crazy to make the conference look better. Talking about how much our opponents all suck or even are anything but top flight competition would do us no favors.
I only consider there to be 3 major conferences -- Big Ten, SEC, Pac-12.

The ACC is no longer a major conference after their bitch move to make concessions for Notre Dame, and the Big 12 barely resembles a major conference at this point. If Texas ever leaves the Big 12, that whole conference implodes.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:41 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Well... Because..... Shut up.
 Graham Couch: Improved perception of MSU football obvious among Big Ten peers 502811600 
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:50 pm

Giant Moose wrote:
I only consider there to be 3 major conferences -- Big Ten, SEC, Pac-12.

The ACC is no longer a major conference after their bitch move to make concessions for Notre Dame, and the Big 12 barely resembles a major conference at this point. If Texas ever leaves the Big 12, that whole conference implodes.
I really doubt that anyone looking at an undefeated or even one loss FSU would agree about the ACC. Same with Oklahoma. Better to have a big ten love fest then hope that the playoff committee agrees with your viewpoint
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down