Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Maher - Hey, Travis

+7
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Cameron
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
steveschneider
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bill Maher - Hey, Travis - Page 3 Empty Re: Bill Maher - Hey, Travis

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:31 am

It isn’t really. It is if you only watch “comedians” in their 60s and 70s now who are well past their time.

But, honestly, it doesn’t really matter. We’re not here to talk about comedy, this is the politics board after all. We’re here because you constantly let us know Bill mahers thoughts on politics, not a joke he told, but his stance on whatever political belief tickled your fancy from his show the other night. Accepting the political beliefs of a guy who runs around screaming “China virus” is pathetic.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:05 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It isn’t really. It is if you only watch “comedians” in their 60s and 70s now who are well past their time.

But, honestly, it doesn’t really matter. We’re not here to talk about comedy, this is the politics board after all. We’re here because you constantly let us know Bill mahers thoughts on politics, not a joke he told, but his stance on whatever political belief tickled your fancy from his show the other night. Accepting the political beliefs of a guy who runs around screaming “China virus” is pathetic.

Who's accepting? I reject his beliefs all the time. No one here is walking along in lock step with Bill Maher seems like a take you just made up but you and turtle do that a lot. Also, more often than not I'm referencing the panel discussion that involves more than just Bill Mahers take. Last time I referenced the show I mentioned Malcom Nance.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:08 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:It isn’t really. It is if you only watch “comedians” in their 60s and 70s now who are well past their time.

You are making an inaccurate assumption and clearly don't know anything about comedy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:11 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I invited you to google it yourself to broaden your mind pylon. He’s extremely racist, probably in the name of being edgy. I don’t know if he actually thinks the things he says, but I don’t really care.

I grew up with HBO and watched a lot of the comedy specials. From Lenny Bruce to Larry David, to George Carlin to Bill Maher they've all have one thing in common - they've used the 'n word' in their comedy. Not saying it is right maybe it is something the world of comedy needs to sort out. I saw a taping of Stephen Colbert at the old Comedy Central TV studio and he did a bit where he was pulling his eyes back with his fingers and talking in fake Japanese or Chinese (can't remember). That bit didn't make it to the broadast either. Comedians go up to the line and go over it. It's what they do.  
I can't help but remember the time you clutched your pearls and posted twitter and youtube clips of Joe Rogan saying naughty words on his podcast with all context edited out, as if it were some huge "gotcha" moment.

Fucking steve...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:21 pm

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I grew up with HBO and watched a lot of the comedy specials. From Lenny Bruce to Larry David, to George Carlin to Bill Maher they've all have one thing in common - they've used the 'n word' in their comedy. Not saying it is right maybe it is something the world of comedy needs to sort out. I saw a taping of Stephen Colbert at the old Comedy Central TV studio and he did a bit where he was pulling his eyes back with his fingers and talking in fake Japanese or Chinese (can't remember). That bit didn't make it to the broadast either. Comedians go up to the line and go over it. It's what they do.  
I can't help but remember the time you clutched your pearls and posted twitter and youtube clips of Joe Rogan saying naughty words on his podcast with all context edited out, as if it were some huge "gotcha" moment.

Fucking steve...

Joe Rogan isn't funny. Neither is Jimmy Dore.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:04 pm

Some people don't think Bill Maher is funny. That isn't the point. They are all comedians.

Fucking steve...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:23 pm

Cameron wrote:Some people don't think Bill Maher is funny. That isn't the point. They are all comedians.

Fucking steve...

They both really suck at it though. It's like Giulliani is to being an attorney what those two are to comedy.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:29 pm

I reiterate, that is not the point. You're saying stupid things again, steve, is this more sarcasm?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:40 pm

Cameron wrote:I reiterate, that is not the point. You're saying stupid things again, steve, is this more sarcasm?

Rogan is a false equivalency anyway and I was right to call out Joe Rogan.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:49 pm

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:I reiterate, that is not the point. You're saying stupid things again, steve, is this more sarcasm?

In what way was Rogan a false equivalency? Do you even know what that means?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:22 pm

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

In what way was Rogan a false equivalency? Do you even know what that means?

There’s a much bigger reel of just awful shit Rogan has said than Maher and Rogans guests range from Alex Jones to McCines.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:16 pm

Bill Maher has had a lot of guests himself. Milo Yiannopoulos, among others. I don't think you understand what a false equivalency is.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:04 am

Rogan is bad because he says and does bad things slightly more often than the guy who I like who only does those things sometimes so it’s okay when he does it is not the winning argument you think it is. A much more logical stance is mine which is to say both of those people such but don’t let me false equivalence you to death here steve
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Mon May 31, 2021 7:21 pm

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:51 pm

Cameron wrote:

He's going to be back at the Mirage in Vegas in July. That would be a good show to take in.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3