Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Detroit Tigers have drafted more Super Bowl Starting Quarterbacks than the Detroit Lions.

5 posters

Go down

The Detroit Tigers have drafted more Super Bowl Starting Quarterbacks than the Detroit Lions.  Empty The Detroit Tigers have drafted more Super Bowl Starting Quarterbacks than the Detroit Lions.

Post by DWags 2020-01-19, 23:56

Charlie Batch not withstanding. He never started. But Mahomes will. And he was drafted by the tigers.

https://detroitsportsnation.com/detroit-tigers-drafted-super-bowl-starting-qbs-detroit-lions/ddrysdale/detroit-lions-news/01/19/2020/217794/
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Detroit Tigers have drafted more Super Bowl Starting Quarterbacks than the Detroit Lions.  Empty Re: The Detroit Tigers have drafted more Super Bowl Starting Quarterbacks than the Detroit Lions.

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-20, 00:06

If Mahomes wins the title he should quit football and join the Tigers.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

The Detroit Tigers have drafted more Super Bowl Starting Quarterbacks than the Detroit Lions.  Empty Re: The Detroit Tigers have drafted more Super Bowl Starting Quarterbacks than the Detroit Lions.

Post by DWags 2020-01-20, 00:07

tGreenWay wrote:If Mahomes wins the title he should quit football and join the Tigers.

I mean, I’m thinking he wouldn’t suck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-20, 00:10

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:If Mahomes wins the title he should quit football and join the Tigers.

I mean, I’m thinking he wouldn’t suck.

Didn’t read the article, but I’m guessing the Tigers didn’t retain rights after he went to the NFL.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-01-20, 09:53

I wish Gibby had played pro football
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-01-20, 10:54

duffy munn wrote:I wish Gibby had played pro football

84 was a nice part of my childhood. Can't agree.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-01-20, 11:02

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
duffy munn wrote:I wish Gibby had played pro football

Yeah I hear ya but if you ever saw him play wide receiver.......
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-01-20, 11:03

The Detroit Tigers have drafted more Super Bowl Starting Quarterbacks than the Detroit Lions.  BoJacksonNinja_byjy4mr0

The Detroit Tigers have drafted more Super Bowl Starting Quarterbacks than the Detroit Lions.  Tenor
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-20, 14:16

duffy munn wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Sorry Duff, I’m with Joe, and I did see him play wide receiver. It took him longer and he took a lot of grief early on, but Gibby brought a title to his hometown team and won that second one in another league. He’d’ve had a helluva football career playing for the Cardinals, but it wouldn’t be the same.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-01-20, 14:26

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Sorry Duff, I’m with Joe, and I did see him play wide receiver. It took him longer and he took a lot of grief early on, but Gibby brought a title to his hometown team and won that second one in another league. He’d’ve had a helluva football career playing for the Cardinals, but it wouldn’t be the same.

I get it. I worked the valet lot at Carl's Chop House in the summer of 84. It was electric in Corktown and I made it to parts of about 40 games at the Corner. ( damn I miss the old ball park).

And you're right about it taking a bit for Gibby to thrive in the Bigs. Sparky dubbing him the next Mickey Mantle didn't help.

I guess I will just always wonder how great he could have been in the NFL.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-20, 14:37

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I get it. I worked the valet lot at Carl's Chop House in the summer of 84. It was electric in Corktown and I made it to parts of about 40 games at the Corner. ( damn I miss the old ball park).

And you're right about it taking a bit for Gibby to thrive in the Bigs. Sparky dubbing him the next Mickey Mantle didn't help.

He was the thoroughbred every writer says he was. I’ve always gone on the belief that, barring injury, he would’ve had a HoF-type career. But the Cardinals didn’t have the greatest quarterbacks in Jim Hart and Neil Lomax back then, so it’ll always be a what might have been career.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2020-01-20, 14:57

tGreenWay wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

He was the thoroughbred every writer says he was. I’ve always gone on the belief that, barring injury, he would’ve had a HoF-type career. But the Cardinals didn’t have the greatest quarterbacks in Jim Hart and Neil Lomax back then, so it’ll always be a what might have been career.

The ironic part is he chose baseball, at least partly, because there was less of an injury risk. He was banged up his whole baseball career.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-20, 15:04

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The ironic part is he chose baseball, at least partly, because there was less of an injury risk. He was banged up his whole baseball career.

I know. Then I think how quickly he’d might’ve had to retire from injuries if he’d played in the NFL. And obviously, considering how he loved to hit people, and hit them hard, I wonder about his Parkinson’s and what all those hits did to his CNS.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down