Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?

+14
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
I.B. Fine
Floyd Robertson
MSU addict
Robert J Sakimano
Senior Dickfist
DWags
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
Rocinante
tGreenWay
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  Empty Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-27, 14:41

Plenty of colorful lights still shining brightly at Bob’s and a half dozen or so other homes in the ‘hood.
I want to know which Swiller is the last to bring theirs down.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  Empty Re: Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?

Post by Rocinante 2020-01-27, 14:48

Mine was down before new year. I don’t fuck around.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  Empty Re: Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-27, 14:57

I hereby give an Swiller the right and legal permission to euthanize me if I ever reach the stage in my life where I muse about who has their tree or lights up in late January. Let alone put it down in writing. Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  2809484752

Last edited by kingstonlake on 2020-01-27, 14:57; edited 1 time in total
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-01-27, 14:57

I'm not poor white trash, so no.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-01-27, 15:04

I don’t put up a tree or lights so nothing to take down. All that stuff is pretty irrational.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-01-27, 15:12

Rocinante wrote:Mine was down before new year. I don’t fuck around.

My wife took all our stuff down Christmas Day. She fucks around less than you do.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-27, 15:13

kingstonlake wrote:I hereby give an Swiller the right and legal permission to euthanize me if I ever reach the stage in my life where I muse about who has their tree or lights up in late January. Let alone put it down in writing. Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  2809484752

Says the guys whose lights won’t be down until end of April. Nice deflection.
Although, let’s save some time and do it now. Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-27, 15:15

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Mine was down before new year. I don’t fuck around.

My wife took all our stuff down Christmas Day. She fucks around less than you do.

There’s a couple of families here who are that hardcore, too, although one of them heads south for the rest of winter on 12/26, so it’s a practical move. The other family is probably just grumpy, like Turtleneck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-01-27, 15:17

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I hereby give an Swiller the right and legal permission to euthanize me if I ever reach the stage in my life where I muse about who has their tree or lights up in late January. Let alone put it down in writing. Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  2809484752

Although, let’s save some time and do it now. Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  2809484752

I’m not worried. Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  2599972566

Let us know if there are any violations of the neighborhood bylaws when you’re on sentry duty tonight. Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  1811933421 Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-27, 15:20

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I’m not worried. Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  2599972566

Let us know if there are any violations of the neighborhood bylaws when you’re on sentry duty tonight. Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  1811933421 Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  2809484752

Can’t. Too busy looking down to make sure I don’t slip on ice and break a hip.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-27, 15:31

Mine are still up. From 1995. Don’t be Scrooge’s.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-27, 15:49

DWags wrote:Mine are still up. From 1995. Don’t be Scrooge’s.

Don’t be Scrooge’s what?

Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-01-27, 16:23

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:Mine are still up.  From 1995.   Don’t be Scrooge’s.

Don’t be Scrooge’s what?

Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  1494614055

You're  not  funny.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-01-27, 16:46

I've never put up lights or a tree. I'm not sure if this is the same, but when I don't decorate for Halloween, my neighbor asks me if I'm a communist.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-27, 16:57

Senior Dickfist wrote:

I've never put up lights or a tree. I'm not sure if this is the same, but when I don't decorate for Halloween, my neighbor asks me if I'm a communist.

Tell them you’re ultra orthodox Christian and you don’t celebrate pagan rituals.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-27, 16:59

Turtleneck wrote:I don’t put up a tree or lights so nothing to take down. All that stuff is pretty irrational.

Tough talk from someone who’s always first in line for a photo with the Easter bunny at Tonawanda Heights Mall.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-01-27, 17:27

My nativity scene is still up to honor Him.

If you have a problem with it, you can suck my motherfucking cock, goddammit.

Fuck you.

# Jesus #TheReasonForTheSeason

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-27, 17:29

Robert J Sakimano wrote:My nativity scene is still up to honor Him.

Fuck you.

So, you’re the one on Ardson with the manger scene.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-01-27, 19:26

Fuck you.

There is a house in our neighborhood that puts up a large outdoor nativity scene (the human figures are about 3.5 feet tall) on a lot that is about an acre. The owner starts just after Thanksgiving by building a large stable with an empty manger and various plastic figures of animals. A few days later you notice Mary, Joseph and a donkey on the back of their lot traveling toward the stable. Every day they move them closer to the stable. This is not easy task because they are lighted so all that has to move as well. They arrive at the stable a couple of days before Christmas. The baby Jesus appears Christmas morning.

At the same time three Magi and camels move daily toward the stable from the East. Again fully lighted and they arrive a couple of days after Christmas.

I am not a religious person, but I do admire the guy's dedication.

FWIW, the scene was removed the first week of January.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-01-27, 19:29

MSU addict wrote:

Fuck you.

There is a house in our neighborhood that puts up a large outdoor nativity scene (the human figures are about 3.5 feet tall) on a lot that is about an acre. The owner starts just after Thanksgiving by building a large stable with an empty manger and various plastic figures of animals. A few days later you notice Mary, Joseph and a donkey on the back of their lot traveling toward the stable. Every day they move them closer to the stable. This is not easy task because they are lighted so all that has to move as well. They arrive at the stable a couple of days before Christmas. The baby Jesus appears Christmas morning.

At the same time three Magi and camels move daily toward the stable from the East. Again fully lighted and they arrive a couple of days after Christmas.

That's pretty awesome, actually. Do the figures move about the same distance each day or does it vary?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2020-01-27, 19:34

Are you insulting my Presidents Day lights?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-01-27, 19:37

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MSU addict wrote:There is a house in our neighborhood that puts up a large outdoor nativity scene (the human figures are about 3.5 feet tall) on a lot that is about an acre. The owner starts just after Thanksgiving by building a large stable with an empty manger and various plastic figures of animals. A few days later you notice Mary, Joseph and a donkey on the back of their lot traveling toward the stable. Every day they move them closer to the stable. This is not easy task because they are lighted so all that has to move as well. They arrive at the stable a couple of days before Christmas. The baby Jesus appears Christmas morning.

That's pretty awesome, actually. Do the figures move about the same distance each day or does it vary?
Well I did not bust out a tape measure, but they seemed to move about the same distance daily. I am not sure if they moved on the sabbath or not.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-01-27, 19:40

MSU addict wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Well I did not bust out a tape measure, but they seemed to move about the same distance daily. I am not sure if they moved on the sabbath or not.

I think to maintain some level of authenticity he should move them random distances each day to make up for the terrain. Please pass along my suggestion.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-27, 19:44

MSU addict wrote:

Fuck you.

Does he use real myrrh?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-27, 19:46

I.B. Fine wrote:Are you insulting my President Day lights?

Fixed for accuracy. Everybody knows you’re a Chester A. Arthur man.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2020-01-27, 20:11

tGreenWay wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:Are you insulting my President Day lights?

Hard to pick between Chester and Warren Harding...
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-27, 20:22

MSU addict wrote:

Fuck you.

I bet he voted for Trump. If he did, build a wall between Mary Joseph and the stable a couple days before Christmas. If he takes it down and keeps the figures moving, when the baby Jesus is born, get two cages. Put the baby Jesus in one and Mary and Joseph in the other. December 26. Throw some silver blankets in there with them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-01-27, 20:27

Came down the Jan 15-16.

I like to put up the tree on Army v Navy weekend and keep it up at least through NFL Wildcard weekend and like to keep things up throgh the FBS Championship game.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-01-27, 20:29

Ours were down by nye. (She did it)

Wife learned not to have me do it, cause half make it to the trash.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-01-27, 20:45

I have always resisted putting up any outside Christmas decorations.  I have a five year old daughter who really wanted me to put some up.  To help get her to buy-in on the concept of moving to a new house, I agreed that when we moved I would put up some outside Christmas lights and decorations - which I did.

I procrastinated about taking them down, because I thought she would be upset.  As I was walking her to the bus stop the first day after Christmas break (January 2nd) she asked "Dad, it is no longer Christmas, why do people still have their Christmas lights up?"

They came down that day.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-27, 20:59

I.B. Fine wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Hard to pick between Chester and Warren Harding...

Please, Travis has banned horny posting.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-01-27, 21:02

MSU addict wrote:I have always resisted putting up any outside Christmas decorations.  I have a five year old daughter who really wanted me to put some up.  To help get her to buy-in on the concept of moving to a new house, I agreed that when we moved I would put up some outside Christmas lights and decorations - which I did.

I procrastinated about taking them down, because I thought she would be upset.  As I was walking her to the bus stop the first day after Christmas break (January 2nd) she asked "Dad, it is no longer Christmas, why do people still have their Christmas lights up?"

They came down that day.

Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  502811600 Awesome story.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2020-01-27, 21:17

MSU addict wrote:I have always resisted putting up any outside Christmas decorations.  I have a five year old daughter who really wanted me to put some up.  To help get her to buy-in on the concept of moving to a new house, I agreed that when we moved I would put up some outside Christmas lights and decorations - which I did.

They came down that day.
We know who the boss is in your house. Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  502811600
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-01-27, 21:37

They came down that day.

Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  502811600
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-01-27, 21:39

If you want to get down to what the date really should be, January 6th is the last day to leave your lights up. It is the Epiphany, it is the 12th day of Christmas that the song talks about, it is Three Kings Day. In the Eastern/Orthodox church, I believe they celebrate it as Jesus' baptism. Important things all around, but most of all it is the date that all of the Christian religions move on from the birth story into the life story.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-11-22, 17:23

Put the tree up today. First time ever before December. Felt like I needed some lights and energy in the house. 

Late Sunday afternoon, Dolphins/Broncos are on, been snowing all... perfect vibe. Even put up some outside lights, which is rare. I mean, I totally half-assed it, but there are lights outside.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-11-22, 17:33

Lol, just these from my neighbors 

Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  Screen39

Who here still has their tree and outside lights up?  Screen40
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-11-22, 17:36

lol seems like your neighbors now you pretty well.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-11-22, 17:42

Up on November 15th. Wife and daughter snuck them up while I was hunting lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-11-22, 18:08

Planning the same tradition as always, day after Thanksgiving (weather permitting), to spend all day putting the lights up.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next