Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump if you make it a whole day without going out

+18
InTenSity
The Pantry
duffy munn
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
Floyd Robertson
Turtleneck
steveschneider
StylesGShmooth
tGreenWay
CORNER BLITZ
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Nordic
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bump if you make it a whole day without going out Empty Bump if you make it a whole day without going out

Post by Nordic Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:41 pm

I haven't been able to do it yet.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bump if you make it a whole day without going out Empty Re: Bump if you make it a whole day without going out

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:44 pm

Whole day?

I didn't today. Other than a walk. Wife had to go to her school to get some supplies. My next outing I think will be the liquor store towards the end of the week.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bump if you make it a whole day without going out Empty Re: Bump if you make it a whole day without going out

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:58 pm

Define “out”? Is that a bike ride? A store? A walk? I’ve went on a bike ride every day for the past 3-4.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:24 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Define “out”? Is that a bike ride? A store? A walk? I’ve went on a bike ride every day for the past 3-4.

Get in your car and go somewhere (store, work, park with people, etc.). Walks or bikes don't count. Unless you end up in one of the above.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:38 am

Sams club today. Worthless

Chicken broth
Five cheese tortellini
Bag of onions
Pom juice
Diced tomatoes

That’s it. Nothing else. Empty.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:43 am

Local gas station today
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:30 am

Walked the dog twice, and that was it. Same schedule all week.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:00 am

didn't even approach the front door today. Went to the QD yesterday. Went to Meijer on Saturday. That's the only 2 times I've stepped through my front door in the last 6 days.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:13 am

I’m taking walks but outside of that haven’t gone out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:58 am

I'm impressed with tSwillers. If everyone can just chill for a week, two weeks or whatever it will can get back to normal quicker.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:26 pm

I made it Tue, Wed & Thur without going out. I have to go out today to drop off some stuff for work. I'm not gonna lie, I have anxiety about leaving the house.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:30 pm

I haven't left my compound in 73 days.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:58 pm

I have to go grocery shopping soon. probably today. Haven't left other than for walks since Sunday.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:08 pm

I went to Meijer at 5:30am. Not crowded, but the paper products aisle and a couple of other non-perishable aisles are still decimated. A lot of folks were working hard to restock what they could.

I'm still going to the office daily, but we've been rotating other staff 1/2 on 1/2 off every other day since Tuesday. We jumped ahead of the curve on that one.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:48 pm

I think it’s been 4 days since I’ve ventured out. I think it’s been 8 days for the husband. The few times I’ve been out were for the grocery store.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:49 pm

How often are people showering?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:53 pm

Bump if you make it a whole day without going out Screen11
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:58 pm

So are we talking physically getting out of the house or going in to a grocery store to interact with people? Because not yet to the former. Today at lunch for the first time since Monday for the latter. Washed the fuck out of my hands once I got home.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:24 pm

I went to the grocery store and the liquor store. Not fun. I hand sanitized the fuck out of everything in my car after I would get back in from each. Keys, phone, credit card, mini hand sanitizer bottle, packet of wipes, door handles, seat belt. Got groceries for my neighbors. I used a never used reusable shopping bag and I know my hands were clean but I hope I didn't bring it to them from the store.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:46 pm

Nordic wrote:I haven't been able to do it yet.
haven't gone much of anywhere except running and for walks. I generally try to avoid most people.. except for going to the bar.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:08 pm

Called my folks today to see if they needed anything while I was out and see how they were doing.  Was thinking about inviting my dad over to knock some trees down just to give him something to do. I know they can't sit still.

My mom proceeds to tell me "we are good, we just go out for dinner to McDonalds, eat outside and go for a walk downtown".  My dad says, "I thought that was alright, is that wrong?". Add in my mom apparently has a sinus infection and is on antibiotics and has a fucked up immune system from other issues. So apparently they've been to the doc too. Me = Bump if you make it a whole day without going out 294152859

I tore into them over the weekend when they went to Stienmart and I thought they got it. When I checked earlier this week, my dad reassured they hadn't gone out. I thought I had them. They lasted 2 days or he was full of shit.

I just told them that wasn't very smart and left it at that.  Not much more I can do at this point.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:03 pm

Nordic wrote:Called my folks today to see if they needed anything while I was out and see how they were doing.  Was thinking about inviting my dad over to knock some trees down just to give him something to do. I know they can't sit still.

My mom proceeds to tell me "we are good, we just go out for dinner to McDonalds, eat outside and go for a walk downtown".  My dad says, "I thought that was alright, is that wrong?". Add in my mom apparently has a sinus infection and is on antibiotics and has a fucked up immune system from other issues. So apparently they've been to the doc too. Me = Bump if you make it a whole day without going out 294152859

I tore into them over the weekend when they went to Stienmart and I thought they got it. When I checked earlier this week, my dad reassured they hadn't gone out. I thought I had them. They lasted 2 days or he was full of shit.

I just told them that wasn't very smart and left it at that.  Not much more I can do at this point.
sounds pretty weird but I'm 50 and I'm kinda okay with both of my parents having passed away and not have to deal with this. Hard enough to sort of guide myself and others through it.

Hang in there dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:13 pm

That sucks Nordy. I agree not much you can do. Give em one more good lecture and then if the news next week doesn't scare them into isolation, throw your hands up.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:11 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Nordic wrote:Called my folks today to see if they needed anything while I was out and see how they were doing.  Was thinking about inviting my dad over to knock some trees down just to give him something to do. I know they can't sit still.

sounds pretty weird but I'm 50 and I'm kinda okay with both of my parents having passed away and not have to deal with this. Hard enough to sort of guide myself and others through it.

Hang in there dude.

Thanks man.

"You can't do that", is not in my old man's vocabulary. I got some stories. I realize now there is nothing I can say or do that will stop them. Their 75+.  If they want to go out eating Mickie D's together outside... Fuck it Floor it.

Sorry for being a dick Bob
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:46 pm

Saw my ma and dad this morning... From an adequate distance... Dad is looking forward to Meijer opening at 7 for old people. Since everyone else are assholes.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:48 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Saw my ma and dad this morning... From an adequate distance... Dad is looking forward to Meijer opening at 7 for old people. Since everyone else are assholes.

They should make it starting at 5, everyone knows old people don't sleep in til seven.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:20 pm

Picked up sushi for the fam. Gotta support my favorite restaurant. They are slow af. I was damn neurotic bringing food back into the house. No packaging left the garage.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:49 pm

Just my regular walk this morning. Then I showered and put on my day time sweat pants. Thinking about changing into the nighttime sweats now, after a bloody mary.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:50 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Picked up sushi for the fam. Gotta support my favorite restaurant. They are slow af. I was damn neurotic bringing food back into the house. No packaging left the garage.

Bump if you make it a whole day without going out 4113017228 did the same with takeout on Monday and any packages sent to the house. If fucks with your mind.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:50 pm

duffy munn wrote:Just my regular walk this morning. Then I showered and put on my day time sweat pants. Thinking about changing into the nighttime sweats now, after a bloody mary.

I like the cut of your jib
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:42 pm

Picked up a laptop and monitor at work Monday morning.  Left at lunchtime.  Last person I saw face-to-face was the owner of Buscemi's @16-Rochester picking up tequila on the way home. Until yesterday.

Found a Jet's pizza flyer in the mail.  Ordered a Jet 10 online including 20% tip.  Included delivery instructions to leave the pizza on a tray table I put on the front porch and knock on the door.  Opened the door after hearing the knock and the delivery guy was still there.  Wanted me to sign a receipt...most places don't require that anymore.  At least he was wearing an N95 mask and plastic gloves.  

Working from home this past week went really well.  Nice just pulling on a pair of sweats and slippers to get at it.  Fresh ground coffee beans in the Chemex instead of the crappy stuff at the office.  Haven't shaved since Monday.  Could easily get use to this.

Plenty of food but might venture out tomorrow for beer re-stock and some vodka.  Kinda craving a Bloody Mary.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:41 pm

Today is the first day I've noticed a substantial drop in number of people that are out and about. Roads are dead.

Even with people in Home Depot, it is eerie quite. No one is talking. People in masks and gloves.

Currently sitting in the Sherman Williams parking lot. Called in my order from the car and waiting for her to place it outside the door.

Feels wierd out today.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:56 pm

I went to Stony Creek and walked around the lake this morning. A lot fewer people today than last Saturday and Sunday, but it was also a lot colder this morning. Results inconclusive.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:15 pm

Went out little while ago for the first time since Monday. Very light traffic but still more than I expected. Went to the same store I was last at...to limit the number of places I've been. Place has an automatic door so didn't have to touch that. Used my sleeve to open the beer cooler door. Picked up vodka and a 12 of Two Hearted. Checkout person was wearing food service gloves. Paid with a debit card and used a napkin to key in my pin...avoided touching the machine. Seemed like a safe trip.

If all goes well shouldn't have to leave the house for another 10 days or more.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:28 pm

I played 18 today. Not sure when I'll be able to do that. Also, even though my daughters bday party has more or less been cancelled, there are a couple of people coming over. Mostly family and like 1 friend. Publix is still fairly busy, did notice one thing that is kind of funny. There is no papertowel, no TP, no napkins, but in the Bday aisle there are plenty of plates and napkins. I didn't even think about it as I picked up a few of what would be needed.
Got my daughter a bday cake too.
Took a swig of the Old Forester in my bag around 9:30 this morning, don't judge me!
Waiting for whoever is showing up to show up now. Just threw a bunch of chlorine in the pool, so everyone can go in there to get disinfected.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:23 pm

Nordic wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Hang in there dude.

Thanks man.

"You can't do that", is not in my old man's vocabulary. I got some stories. I realize now there is nothing I can say or do that will stop them. Their 75+.  If they want to go out eating Mickie D's together outside... Fuck it Floor it.

Sorry for being a dick Bob
you're not a dick.. you're a good dude.

Good luck with your parents, man.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:49 pm

InTenSity wrote:I played 18 today. Not sure when I'll be able to do that. Also, even though my daughters bday party has more or less been cancelled, there are a couple of people coming over. Mostly family and like 1 friend. Publix is still fairly busy, did notice one thing that is kind of funny. There is no papertowel, no TP, no napkins, but in the Bday aisle there are plenty of plates and napkins. I didn't even think about it as I picked up a few of what would be needed.
Got my daughter a bday cake too.
Took a swig of the Old Forester in my bag around 9:30 this morning, don't judge me!
Waiting for whoever is showing up to show up now. Just threw a bunch of chlorine in the pool, so everyone can go in there to get disinfected.

Love the Old Forester. Jealous.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:05 pm

Kroger basically fully stocked. Meat and a few other things were sparse, but they had it. Even TP. Tons of water and produce. And this...

Bump if you make it a whole day without going out 20200320
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:50 pm

So our kids are going crazy sitting in the house all day without being able to play with their friends. There's a small playground at the Y up the street from us that's pretty much always empty. Today we brought them up there to play. They absolutely loved it even though there was nobody else there. We made sure to sanitize their hands fully before getting back in the car. We gone?
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:12 pm

y2kMgrad wrote:So our kids are going crazy sitting in the house all day without being able to play with their friends. There's a small playground at the Y up the street from us that's pretty much always empty. Today we brought them up there to play. They absolutely loved it even though there was nobody else there. We made sure to sanitize their hands fully before getting back in the car. We gone?

Should be ok as long as you stayed away from others. Never know how many Rand Paul's are out there.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next