Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thread worthy - Can I get Covid-19 from Taco Bell?

+3
CORNER BLITZ
Nordic
WhiteBoyHatcher
7 posters

Go down

Thread worthy - Can I get Covid-19 from Taco Bell? Empty Thread worthy - Can I get Covid-19 from Taco Bell?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-21, 20:31

Great article. TL:DR - Make a run for the border. And get the green sauce.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/03/food-safety-and-coronavirus-a-comprehensive-guide.html
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Thread worthy - Can I get Covid-19 from Taco Bell? Empty Re: Thread worthy - Can I get Covid-19 from Taco Bell?

Post by Nordic 2020-03-21, 20:52

Great read Hatch. Lots of good info in there.

Looks like my old man is right again. Getting McDonald's drivethrough is prob better than going to the grocery store.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Thread worthy - Can I get Covid-19 from Taco Bell? Empty Re: Thread worthy - Can I get Covid-19 from Taco Bell?

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-03-21, 20:56

Of course not, but that's we bought all the toilet paper
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-21, 21:58

My biggest takeaway from that article, is it has to get down your airway/lungs to infect you. Touching it, ingesting it, licking it, probably is not going to get you sick, unless it gets down your airway. Sneezing & Coughing bad. Shaking hands and touching your mail, no biggie.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-21, 22:05

Nordic wrote:Great read Hatch. Lots of good info in there.

Looks like my old man is right again. Getting McDonald's drivethrough is prob better than going to the grocery store.

Leave it to Kenji to give me info that I actually haven't seen before. It makes me feel a lot better about surface to surface, as well. I knew the info about how long it could live on a surface, but not how it degrades, and I did not realize that there haven't been proven transmission via surface to surface. Fairly encouraging.

Also lol CB

Wife wants to give away a pack of TP to one of her needy families. We don't have a ton but I'm gonna green light it because #Teambidet always wins. Even after running for the border.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-21, 22:05

Nordic wrote:My biggest takeaway from that article, is it has to get down your airway/lungs to infect you. Touching it, ingesting it, licking it, probably is not going to get you sick, unless it gets down your airway. Sneezing & Coughing bad. Shaking hands and touching your mail, no biggie.

Yep! Still gonna be really careful. Interesting that it can only live on cardboard for 24 hours.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-03-21, 22:23

Nordic wrote:My biggest takeaway from that article, is it has to get down your airway/lungs to infect you. Touching it, ingesting it, licking it, probably is not going to get you sick, unless it gets down your airway. Sneezing & Coughing bad. Shaking hands and touching your mail, no biggie.

Uh. No. Shaking hands and touching surfaces and then touching your face is not ok.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-03-21, 22:40

Rocinante wrote:

Uh. No. Shaking hands and touching surfaces and then touching your face is not ok.

Of course not. Those of us taking this seriously are taking every precaution. However, some of the science and evidence behind what is posted in that article is remotely comforting. I would encourage you to read it. Everything is sourced.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-03-21, 22:59

I read some of it. The cdc does say no known transmissions from surface infection. But unless I’m missing something, how could they know that for sure?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-21, 23:12

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Yep! Still gonna be really careful. Interesting that it can only live on cardboard for 24 hours.

Washing your hands to Happy Birthday is bullshit.

Fucking Steve
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-21, 23:19

Rocinante wrote:

Uh.  No.  Shaking hands and touching surfaces and then touching your face is not ok.

See bolded part. And this is just my observation from this article and other info...

It is way easier to get down your airway and infect your lungs from an airborne droplet, then migrating from surface-to-surface and sniffing it down your airway. Saliva is going to your esophagus, not lungs. Can it happen?, Yes, if it goes down you airway, not your stomach.

I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-03-22, 00:20

Nordic wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

Uh.  No.  Shaking hands and touching surfaces and then touching your face is not ok.

See bolded part. And this is just my observation from this article and other info...

It is way easier to get down your airway and infect your lungs from an airborne droplet, then migrating from surface-to-surface and sniffing it down your airway. Saliva is going to your esophagus, not lungs. Can it happen?, Yes, if it goes down you airway, not your stomach.

I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night

This is more scary to me than if it was more easily transmittable by surfaces and handshakes. At least I'm aware of who/what I touch and can wash/sanitize after. But otherwise, it feels like a crap shoot. Especially as asymptomatic people can spread it. I'd venture to guess that most people, especially in the last couple of weeks, didn't contract this because someone was coughing and wheezing in their face. Even social distancing by 6 feet doesn't seem safe if it lives in the air for hours.

Of course, the bottom line is that this is so new that no one really knows much. There's a lot of educated guesswork based on other viruses, and limited studies of this one.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2020-03-22, 09:07

Rocinante wrote:I read some of it. The cdc does say no known transmissions from surface infection. But unless I’m missing something, how could they know that for sure?
Like the article says, they don't know for sure. It is essentially impossible to avoid all potentially contaminated surfaces - so wash your hands a lot especially after touching potentially contaminated surfaces and avoid touching you face with unclean hands.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-03-22, 10:47

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Washing your hands to Happy Birthday is bullshit.

Fucking Steve

Every expert including Michael Osterholm says they'd never tell you not to wash your hands to prevent the spread.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-03-22, 20:25

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Great article. TL:DR - Make a run for the border. And get the green sauce.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2020/03/food-safety-and-coronavirus-a-comprehensive-guide.html

Bump
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down