Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Haven Web Cam might get fun today. (Link) Hope all my family and friends living on Lake Michigan willl be safe.

+6
CORNER BLITZ
Nordic
Dendrobates
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
10 posters

Go down

Grand Haven Web Cam might get fun today. (Link)  Hope all my family and friends living on Lake Michigan willl be safe.  Empty Grand Haven Web Cam might get fun today. (Link) Hope all my family and friends living on Lake Michigan willl be safe.

Post by DWags Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:30 pm

I know my sister is sending pictures of the waves from her house in Manistee. Nasty. I also know I have friends right on the cliffs south of town. They're in trouble this year. Last year it was bad, this year is worse and some houses will fall.

Anyway, if you're bored, here's the Grand Haven webcam.

https://www.earthcam.com/usa/michigan/grandhaven/lakemichigan/?cam=lakemichigan
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Grand Haven Web Cam might get fun today. (Link)  Hope all my family and friends living on Lake Michigan willl be safe.  Empty Re: Grand Haven Web Cam might get fun today. (Link) Hope all my family and friends living on Lake Michigan willl be safe.

Post by DWags Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:32 pm

The pier is underwater already. Heavy stuff is starting at two
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Grand Haven Web Cam might get fun today. (Link)  Hope all my family and friends living on Lake Michigan willl be safe.  Empty Re: Grand Haven Web Cam might get fun today. (Link) Hope all my family and friends living on Lake Michigan willl be safe.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:36 pm

Did I just see someone parasailing or something? WTF? Orange chute. Look too small to be a person.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Grand Haven Web Cam might get fun today. (Link)  Hope all my family and friends living on Lake Michigan willl be safe.  Grandh10
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:42 pm

I was there during the 3rd week of July last summer, it was only 1/2 as windy and people were trying to surf.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:43 pm

Yep there goes a parasurfer or whatever that's called.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:44 pm

Manistee has a club. I'll try to find some old video of last year November. about 15 or so people roll down to the beach in wet suits ( I still don't get how they're not freezing in them) and when you get a Southwestern strong wind, the waves come in uniform and it's easy to do I guess for them. I have no doubt some people are out holding those hand sails and on surfboards. It's a young mans game.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:46 pm

lolol I swear that dude just got yanked 20' out of the water by the wind.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:47 pm

Super cool! Thanks for the link.

It looks like in the warren, mi one it’s a peregrine falcon nest.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:48 pm

Cool site. Check out the cams in the big cities.

Grand Haven Web Cam might get fun today. (Link)  Hope all my family and friends living on Lake Michigan willl be safe.  Screen19
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:lolol I swear that dude just got yanked 20' out of the water by the wind.

Shredding lol
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:51 pm

Rome

Grand Haven Web Cam might get fun today. (Link)  Hope all my family and friends living on Lake Michigan willl be safe.  Screen20
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:52 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:lolol I swear that dude just got yanked 20' out of the water by the wind.

Oh shit. He gone.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:13 pm

They finally found the girl that got washed off the pier on New Years eve. She got wedged into the rocks.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:14 pm

You effers are taking up all the bandwidth on that cam. Get off my feed.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:17 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:They finally found the girl that got washed off the pier on New Years eve. She got wedged into the rocks.

Seriously? When, today?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:13 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:They finally found the girl that got washed off the pier on New Years eve. She got wedged into the rocks.

Seriously? When, today?

Body found March 20th
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:37 pm

BTW, just checked back. there are two more now. Wind sailors .
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:38 pm

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Seriously? When, today?

Body found March 20th

Wow, 20+ miles away. Very sad.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:

Body found March 20th

Huh? I thought it said she was found right by the pier.

Also the weird family feud that sprung up around the go fund me from this was just gross.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:45 pm

Rocinante wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Huh?  I thought it said she was found right by the pier.
Also the weird family feud that sprung up around the go fund me from this was just gross.  

Forget that. I thought she was lost in Grand Haven, not Holland.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:48 pm

“While on the north pier, a wave swept Trainer...“

“On March 19 around 7:50 p.m., the sheriff's office responded to Holland State Park on a report of what appeared to be a body in the rocks along the north pier.”

What am I missing?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:50 pm

Rocinante wrote:“While on the north pier, a wave swept Trainer...“

“On March 19 around 7:50 p.m., the sheriff's office responded to Holland State Park on a report of what appeared to be a body in the rocks along the north pier.”

What am I missing?

You're not missing anything. It was me that was confused. I thought she got swept over the Grand Haven lighthouse pier, when in fact she was swept off the Holland State Park pier.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:39 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Rocinante wrote:“While on the north pier, a wave swept Trainer...“

What am I missing?

You're not missing anything. It was me that was confused. I thought she got swept over the Grand Haven lighthouse pier, when in fact she was swept off the Holland State Park pier.

Same here.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:47 pm

I could do that. I choose not to.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:55 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I could do that. I choose not to.

I really want to do that. I don't have the upper body strength or the balance anymore. I'd try it. But there are a couple of things in my life I know will never happen, me getting any lift off those waves, and going through life with only one dunk attempt on a basket against scottville in 1980 on a break away that I hit the front of the rim with the ball and fell backwards, thus ending any attempt that I would ever have at dunking a ball in a real live basketball game.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:43 pm

Looks a lot nicer & calmer there today. Don't see any snow either.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:48 pm

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I could do that. I choose not to.

I really want to do that. I don't have the upper body strength or the balance anymore. I'd try it. But there are a couple of things in my life I know will never happen, me getting any lift off those waves, and going through life with only one dunk attempt on a basket against scottville in 1980 on a break away that I hit the front of the rim with the ball and fell backwards, thus ending any attempt that I would ever have at dunking a ball in a real live basketball game.

Had a friend at MSU who grew up in Grand Haven. He had a picture of himself parasailing and in the pic he was several feet in the air and completely upside down. Shocked

Edit: Correction: not parasailing. Just on a flat board with a big sail and he’s standing up. Is that parasurfing?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:04 pm

It's windsurfing greenway
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:28 pm

Rocinante wrote:It's windsurfing greenway

That’s what I said, Roc. Windsurfing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:44 am

Do you like big ships?

The Duluth Harbor Cam is pretty cool.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:35 am

Kinda weird not seeing any ice or snow on the ground this time of year.

Houghton-Hancock Lift Bridge
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:21 am

The Pantry wrote:Kinda weird not seeing any ice or snow on the ground this time of year.

There' still some snow on the ski hill.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:26 am

The Pantry wrote:Kinda weird not seeing any ice or snow on the ground this time of year.

You live up there? Whereabouts?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:39 am

The Pantry wrote:

You live up there? Whereabouts?

No, my brother did go to college there. He lasted one year, they received around 250 inches of snow that year and he said eff it.

Ski Hill
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:47 am

The Pantry wrote:
You live up there?  Whereabouts?

No, my brother did go to college there. He lasted one year, they received around 250 inches of snow that year and he said eff it.

Ski Hill

My dad and sis both graduated from MTU.

Another cam farther down the canal closer to Portage Lake.  Mont Ripley on the other side.

Great Lakes Research Center
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down