Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you let your kids watch Bad News Bears?

+13
GRR Spartan
Wally Fairway
Cosmo_Kramer
NigelUno
steveschneider
tanfan!
AvgMSUJoe
Dr. Strangelove
StylesGShmooth
Bill Cain
Rocinante
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
17 posters

Go down

Would you let your kids watch Bad News Bears? Empty Would you let your kids watch Bad News Bears?

Post by Herbie Green Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:09 am

I am pretty sure I was under 10 when I first watched this and absolutely loved it. I saw it last night for the first time in 30 years and it is hilarious!

...But I don't think my kids should watch it until they are at least 12. The coach is boozing, the kids are swearing. That sh*t just doesn't fly today.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Would you let your kids watch Bad News Bears? Empty Re: Would you let your kids watch Bad News Bears?

Post by tGreenWay Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:33 am

I'd sooner take my kids to the bowling alley at night.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Would you let your kids watch Bad News Bears? Empty Re: Would you let your kids watch Bad News Bears?

Post by Rocinante Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:41 am

I don't have kids. But I'd let your kids watch it, sure.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:17 am

It's likely for the best. Though I'm sure your kid has heard those words said before from the other kids in school.

Beware though, with some kids curiosity will find a way...
It certainly worked that way for me despite having conservative parents.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:55 am

Jews, spics, niggers, and now pussies
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:46 am

Matthau version? Betcha yer ass you should.

Billy Bob version? Someone should call Child Protective Services if you let your kids see that.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:27 am

StylesGShmooth wrote:Jews, spics, niggers, and now pussies

Yeah I was more worried about the language than other stuff... and the fact the motorcycle kid never gets the proper punch in the face he deserves.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:27 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Yeah I was more worried about the language than other stuff... and the fact the motorcycle kid never gets the proper punch in the face he deserves.

That said... my 13 and 10 year olds saw it probably a year ago.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:33 am

StylesGShmooth wrote:Jews, spics, niggers, and now pussies

send lawyers, guns and money
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:48 am

Best sports movie ever.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:52 am

steveschneider wrote:Best sports movie ever.

Great movie. It would never get made today. Can you imagine the outrage?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:51 am

NigelUno wrote:

Great movie.  It would never get made today.  Can you imagine the outrage?

They did remake it but left out the Jews, Spics and ****** comments.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:15 am

The Billy Bob Thornton remake is pretty fuckin' funny because it's Billy Bob Thornton. Watch it drunk/high and tell me it's not.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:38 am

I will have to see the new one. I see it is rated R. When I saw the first one was PG I was planning to watch it with the kids. They complain from the back seat when there are bad words on the radio.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:40 am

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

They did remake it but left out the Jews, Spics and ****** comments.

That's kind of what I meant.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:27 am

Herbie Green wrote:I am pretty sure I was under 10 when I first watched this and absolutely loved it.  I saw it last night for the first time in 30 years and it is hilarious!

...But I don't think my kids should watch it until they are at least 12.  The coach is boozing, the kids are swearing.  That sh*t just doesn't fly today.
I hate to tell you this, but if you disapprove of a movie and won't let your kids watch it at your house - then I'm pretty sure they can just go watch it at a friends house (or on a friends tablet, phone, etc)

As a parent you really don't stand much of a chance with censorship these days....your only real hope is to raise them right so they make good choices on their own.
(and now I'm waiting for Guest to post some worthless unfounded parenting advice)
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:28 am

NigelUno wrote:

Great movie.  It would never get made today.  Can you imagine the outrage?

Not only the line up above, but the teen smoking a cigarette in it? We live in a climate where they airbrush the cigarette off of Robert Johnsons lip.

What was Buttermakers drink of choice? Jim Beam into a Coors can and drinking it in the dug out of a little league game. F ucking Classic.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:53 am

Wally Fairway wrote:
I hate to tell you this, but if you disapprove of a movie and won't let your kids watch it at your house - then I'm pretty sure they can just go watch it at a friends house (or on a friends tablet, phone, etc)

As a parent you really don't stand much of a chance with censorship these days....your only real hope is to raise them right so they make good choices on their own.
(and now I'm waiting for Guest to post some worthless unfounded parenting advice)

As Tanner would have said "take your post and shove it up your ass"

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:32 pm

Herbie Green wrote:
As Tanner would have said "take your post and shove it up your ass"

LOLZ - another one falls for the USERNAME gag
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 pm

I did. They were about 7. Exposed them to the real America. How many sheltered 7 year olds know about Chico's Bail Bonds and what they do?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:05 pm

Herbie Green wrote:I will have to see the new one. I see it is rated R. When I saw the first one was PG I was planning to watch it with the kids. They complain from the back seat when there are bad words on the radio.

My daughter once complained because I used the word "shit". I said, "Tell me why 'shit' is a worse word than 'poop', without telling me it's because people don't like that word." She told me she didn't know. I said, "Until you find out, don't tell me what the **** to say."
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:07 pm

Vic Morrow as the opposing coach...set the standard for "sweep the leg" opposing coaches.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:21 am

Wally Fairway wrote:

LOLZ - another one falls for the USERNAME gag

You got me. Gd username prank. I wanted to kick your ass
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:58 am

I let my 6 year old watch First Blood, Commando, Terminator 2, etc. You can't deprive them of the classics, especially at such an impressionable age. Or else they'll grow up to want to see Avengers and Transformers and stupid bubble gum movies like that.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:49 am

I would. But I get bummed when they want to smoke my weed before we watch those kinds of movies. You'd think just once they wouldn't have to be high.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down