Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Ramblings

+27
steveschneider
NigelUno
kingstonlake
Turtleneck
MiamiSpartan
MSU addict
Other Teams Pursuing That
WCSparty
Motown Spartan
GRR Spartan
Nordic
Jake from State Farm
MattyFresh
Senior Dickfist
Rocinante
Cameron
Tim Wakefield
CORNER BLITZ
The Pantry
AvgMSUJoe
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Bill Cain
tGreenWay
Dendrobates
Watch Out Pylon!
31 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Random Ramblings Empty Random Ramblings

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:08 am

Dendrobates wrote:Working my job from home,  husband still doing his work from home, and taking care of 2.5 year old has been really tough.

Especially because it's hard for her to understand why she ccant go the playground or see her grandparents.  We told her a sickness was going around and we're trying to not get sick. She seems to get it,  but it makes her sad.

Then out of no where she says this: No one is going to come for my birthday because of the sickness. And that made her really sad.
Where the hell did that come from? And her bday is end of July. Just so sad in general. We may not be able to do anything,  but I never would have thought her thinking that far ahead.

We're in the same boat. Both working from home. Very little time to interact with the kiddo during work hours. It really sucks. She's taking it pretty well though. We facetime with the grandparents as much as we can. Usually only lasts a couple of minutes before she wants to show off with toys or whatnot. Trying to make the best of it.

Daycare costs kinda suck right now. Paying half price to hold our spot. I hear some places are still charging full price only to hold kid's spots, so i guess we win in that regard.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Random Ramblings Empty Re: Random Ramblings

Post by Dendrobates Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:15 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:Working my job from home,  husband still doing his work from home, and taking care of 2.5 year old has been really tough.

Especially because it's hard for her to understand why she ccant go the playground or see her grandparents.  We told her a sickness was going around and we're trying to not get sick. She seems to get it,  but it makes her sad.

Then out of no where she says this: No one is going to come for my birthday because of the sickness. And that made her really sad.
Where the hell did that come from? And her bday is end of July. Just so sad in general. We may not be able to do anything,  but I never would have thought her thinking that far ahead.

We're in the same boat. Both working from home. Very little time to interact with the kiddo during work hours. It really sucks. She's taking it pretty well though. We facetime with the grandparents as much as we can. Usually only lasts a couple of minutes before she wants to show off with toys or whatnot. Trying to make the best of it.

Daycare costs kinda suck right now. Paying half price to hold our spot. I hear some places are still charging full price only to hold kid's spots, so i guess we win in that regard.

Yikes, I had no idea you still have to pay anything! Our normal before was my husband working part time from home, and the kid at her grandparents twice a week. But somehow their phones are newer than ours, but dont have a front camera. So we cant do a facetime.
It's kinda shitty paying just holding your spot in general. I had no idea that was happening.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:26 am

Dendrobates wrote:Working my job from home, husband still doing his work from home, and taking care of 2.5 year old has been really tough.

Especially because it's hard for her to understand why she ccant go the playground or see her grandparents. We told her a sickness was going around and we're trying to not get sick. She seems to get it, but it makes her sad.

Where the hell did that come from? And her bday is end of July. Just so sad in general. We may not be able to do anything, but I never would have thought her thinking that far ahead.

That’s just stab you in the heart sad.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:26 am

Dendrobates wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Yikes, I had no idea you still have to pay anything! Our normal before was my husband working part time from home, and the kid at her grandparents twice a week. But somehow their phones are newer than ours, but dont have a front camera. So we cant do a facetime.
It's kinda shitty paying just holding your spot in general. I had no idea that was happening.

Oh yeah. And we're the lucky ones. Friends of ours are paying full price for two kids just to hold spots.

What are you going to do though? If you don't pay you're rolling the dice on getting your kids back into daycare anytime soon after going back to work in offices.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:27 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Whaaaaat? That’s bs. Is that the Lansing area?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:28 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

It's everywhere dude. I guess there are a few out there that aren't charging but none of my friends are getting that deal.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:31 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It's everywhere dude. I guess there are a few out there that aren't charging but none of my friends are getting that deal.

Thanks. I’m going to share this with a friend who is a reporter. Great story.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:36 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Fuck yeah dude. Shed some light on this. I'm sure day cares need some income to pay for building essentials during this downtime, but I don't think they need 1/2 payments from everyone let alone full payment to stay in business.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:39 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Fuck yeah dude. Shed some light on this. I'm sure day cares need some income to pay for building essentials during this downtime, but I don't think they need 1/2 payments from everyone let alone full payment to stay in business.

Yeah, that’s a ripoff. I texted my friend already. Waiting to hear back.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:44 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

It's been reported on quite a bit. Just google paying for daycare during quarantine and you can pick your story. But hey, a good hard look locally on potential price gouging would be a good thing.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/22/metro/paying-child-care-while-you-provide-it-home/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:54 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

It's been reported on quite a bit. Just google paying for daycare during quarantine and you can pick your story. But hey, a good hard look locally on potential price gouging would be a good thing.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/03/22/metro/paying-child-care-while-you-provide-it-home/

No kids, so I had no idea. It’s the GR market. I’ll let you know when I hear back. They might already be working on something, or at home entertaining the kids.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:55 pm

I may have a gained a girlfriend in all of this...
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:04 pm

Bill Cain wrote:I may have a gained a girlfriend in all of this...

Highly appropriate thread selection. That really would be random.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:54 am

Earlier in the week while out walking I lost the rubber cover to one of the earbuds on these cheap in-ear Phillips wired headphones I use for outdoor activity. I didn't know I'd lost it until the next day when I went to put the headphones on again, because you don't know you've lost something until you need it next time, right? So I take the other cover off because it feels weird to have one on and not the other. I use them like that for 2-3 days.

Yesterday I put them on again and go out for a walk. In a snowstorm. It's snowing like crazy so I've got my head down to keep the corona snow out of my eyes. Nothing to see but wet asphalt. I get about 400' from my front door and what do I see? Yep, my missing rubber earbud cover. It's black, half the size of a dime. On black asphalt. If I don't go out walking in a snowstorm on 4/17 there's no way I ever see that thing again.

Life is weird. And random.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:29 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Earlier in the week while out walking I lost the rubber cover to one of the earbuds on these cheap in-ear Phillips wired headphones I use for outdoor activity. I didn't know I'd lost it until the next day when I went to put the headphones on again, because you don't know you've lost something until you need it next time, right? So I take the other cover off because it feels weird to have one on and not the other. I use them like that for 2-3 days.

Yesterday I put them on again and go out for a walk. In a snowstorm. It's snowing like crazy so I've got my head down to keep the corona snow out of my eyes. Nothing to see but wet asphalt. I get about 400' from my front door and what do I see? Yep, my missing rubber earbud cover. It's black, half the size of a dime. On black asphalt. If I don't go out walking in a snowstorm on 4/17 there's no way I ever see that thing again.

Jesus, good eyes Floyd.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:36 pm

Floyd I have a set of BT wireless earbuds that have a hook over the ear. They were not loud enough for me though they are plenty loud so I wound up dropping the money on the powerbeats. It comes with unused plastic tips. If you want them, they're yours. I probably only used them for a week. I'll take the existing tips off, clean them and ship to you. Let me know, you can PM me your address.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:57 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Floyd I have a set of BT wireless earbuds that have a hook over the ear. They were not loud enough for me though they are plenty loud so I wound up dropping the money on the powerbeats. It comes with unused plastic tips. If you want them, they're yours. I probably only used them for a week. I'll take the existing tips off, clean them and ship to you. Let me know, you can PM me your address.

Thanks, WBH, that's a really nice offer. I actually have Jabra BT earbuds but refuse to use them outdoors for fear of losing them lol. Can't tell you how many Apple earpods or whatever they are that I've seen laying on the trails in the last couple of months. That's why I use the $20 wired cheapos outdoors and the BT set at the gym. I'm sure you could find someone worthy to donate them to.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:56 pm

Not only am I "old school" with cheap $20 earbuds, but I still use an Ipod nano. Both the husband and I do. Neither of us like using our phones for music. We like it separately. I don't even know of the make any iPods anymore. Mine is a really old one. Maybe second gen?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:51 pm

Dendrobates wrote:Not only am I "old school" with cheap $20 earbuds, but I still use an Ipod nano. Both the husband and I do. Neither of us like using our phones for music. We like it separately. I don't even know of the make any iPods anymore. Mine is a really old one. Maybe second gen?

Yeah, still have my Ipod nano. Still love it. I only wear padded head phones. I could never get comfortable with sticking the buds in my ears. I assume that means I'd hate anal. So, I'll go to my grave not letting anyone try it on me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:28 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:Earlier in the week while out walking I lost the rubber cover to one of the earbuds on these cheap in-ear Phillips wired headphones I use for outdoor activity. I didn't know I'd lost it until the next day when I went to put the headphones on again, because you don't know you've lost something until you need it next time, right? So I take the other cover off because it feels weird to have one on and not the other. I use them like that for 2-3 days.

It’s like a love story, Floyd.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:49 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

...And that's when I realized the one set of footprints was when he was carrying me...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:12 pm

Still so hot.

Random Ramblings 84a4fc10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:24 pm

Not sure who that is but DWags is full-on drunk
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:28 pm

pretty sure that's Elaine from Seinfeld?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:22 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

...And that's when I realized the one set of footprints was when he was carrying me...

Random Ramblings 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:55 pm

Ever seen a baby gleefully splash around in a tub or shallow pool? That’s my wife fixing dinner every time she cooks. Except the tub is our kitchen and the water is actually flour. Jesus, cleanup was rough last night.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:00 pm

Picked up tennis gear for the novia and myself. It's been a decent hobby during this lockdown
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:18 pm

I often think about all the accomplishments MSU had while I was in school there. I was so lucky to see all that. I miss sports man
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:05 pm

One of my bros is in the middle of making just...a terrible, awful, no good life decision settling for a girl

Most of our other friends have told him what an idiot he is - honestly think I'm the only one that hasn't. I try to stay out of meddling with other people's shit as much as I can...but man, this dude is making it hard

Today he said how it was nice that he's quarantined by himself (instead of living with her)...dude...can you not see this as a problem?!?!
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:22 pm

You got to shut yo mouth unless he asks. His life. If he asks be honest.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:31 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You got to shut yo mouth unless he asks. His life. If he asks be honest.

That's the crazy thing, honestly think I'm the only one.

When other friends just drop that "yeah, I told him he's a fucking idiot"

oof
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:08 am

Kind of a funny story. If Girbaud reads this he will know. We have one (mutual) friend who is paranoid and anal enough that he literally pulled me aside before popping the Q and asked if I had any reservations. I said no way, this girl is cool as hell, way laid back and she's a Spartan, she's awesome. They got married.

She turned out to be looney tunes. Divorced now. Complete Looney Tunes. Sad. People change.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:34 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Kind of a funny story. If Girbaud reads this he will know. We have one (mutual) friend who is paranoid and anal enough that he literally pulled me aside before popping the Q and asked if I had any reservations. I said no way, this girl is cool as hell, way laid back and she's a Spartan, she's awesome. They got married.

She turned out to be looney tunes. Divorced now. Complete Looney Tunes. Sad. People change.
Sounds sorta like my ex. She's a Spartan. Can't say she went completely off the rails but she stretched way beyond what most here would consider normal...not in the good way.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:52 am

I think the percentage that it’s just one person that’s bat shit crazy in a relationship is about 15% tops. It’s mostly a two way street. It’s hard to admit that maybe we’re tough to live with too.

But I’m definitely with WBH. Just listen don’t say shit. I’d go further, if he asks I wouldn’t run down the girl at all. What good does it do? They marry, you go over to the house, he knows you don’t thin highly of his wife. They divorce, what are you going to do? Say yeah I told you so. My thought is that it’s rare you can talk someone in or out of marrying so just kind of nod and change the subject to sports if he asks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:52 am

I think the percentage that it’s just one person that’s bat shit crazy in a relationship is about 15% tops. It’s mostly a two way street. It’s hard to admit that maybe we’re tough to live with too.

But I’m definitely with WBH. Just listen don’t say shit. I’d go further, if he asks I wouldn’t run down the girl at all. What good does it do? They marry, you go over to the house, he knows you don’t thin highly of his wife. They divorce, what are you going to do? Say yeah I told you so. My thought is that it’s rare you can talk someone in or out of marrying so just kind of nod and change the subject to sports if he asks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:43 am

Are CDs (audio) worth anything?

Doing Covid cleaning... boxes and boxes of CDs (and tapes)... But we use spotify for everything. Are they trash or goodwill?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:23 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Are CDs (audio) worth anything?

Doing Covid cleaning... boxes and boxes of CDs (and tapes)... But we use spotify for everything. Are they trash or goodwill?

I bet you could make a couple bucks on ebay. Might not be enough profit in it to justify the effort, though.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:20 pm

Audio quality is a lot better in almost all cds than streaming if you care about that. Personally I don’t.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:02 pm

Rocinante wrote:Audio quality is a lot better in almost all cds than streaming if you care about that. Personally I don’t.

Was going to state the same thing. Spotify music comes in a compressed file format, which degrades the signal compared to a CD. If you enjoy the sound from Spotify, then the CDs are disposable. If you are looking to improve the quality of your sound, I'd love to discuss.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:08 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Audio quality is a lot better in almost all cds than streaming if you care about that. Personally I don’t.

Was going to state the same thing. Spotify music comes in a compressed file format, which degrades the signal compared to a CD. If you enjoy the sound from Spotify, then the CDs are disposable. If you are looking to improve the quality of your sound, I'd love to discuss.

Nope, do not want to discuss. That discussion turns into a audiophile/craft beer/car guy/whatever discussion we have all been pulled into too much on the internets.

Simply, I believe I damaged my hearing too much in the 80's to discern the difference. Between "All Ages" shows and my buddies Regal T Top with the equalizery/booster dealio... I'm probably missing something around the edges in my music.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next