Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had to say goodbye to our dog today.

+17
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
AvgMSUJoe
MattyFresh
Floyd Robertson
DWags
I.B. Fine
Dendrobates
kingstonlake
Cameron
Bill Cain
The Pantry
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
Motown Spartan
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  Empty Had to say goodbye to our dog today.

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-04, 15:00

She was a hurricane Katrina rescue, had her almost 15 years. Fucking hell why does this have to fucking suck so bad.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  Empty Re: Had to say goodbye to our dog today.

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-04, 15:17

I’m so sorry, Motown. It’s the absolute worst feeling. I handle humans passing better than my dogs. They love us unconditionally and are always happy to see us. All they want to do is be with us. I’m grateful you gave yours a lifetime way beyond how it started and nearly ended after Katrina. Keeping good thoughts for you and her.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  Empty Re: Had to say goodbye to our dog today.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-06-04, 15:23

It is the worst. I'm sorry man. It's been 3 years and I'm not really over it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-06-04, 15:29

😔 rip
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-04, 15:31

Very sorry for your loss. I've gone through it twice now and both were some of the worst days of my life. You did an incredible thing by adopting and gave that dog a good home. Again sorry for your loss, they are family.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-06-04, 15:45

That's ruff. Sorry for your loss.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2020-06-04, 15:57

Damn man. I’m sorry for your loss.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-06-04, 16:40

That really sucks. Rest in peace, pup.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-06-04, 16:41

Sorry buddy. He had a great rescue life.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-06-04, 17:33

Oh I am so so sorry! That is horrible. She was a huge part of your family. Big hugs Motown. Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  4177874726
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2020-06-04, 17:58

They're literally family members, doesn't matter that you gave 'em a great life, saying good bye just sucks.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-06-04, 18:10

Motown Spartan wrote:She was a hurricane Katrina rescue, had her almost 15 years. Fucking hell why does this have to fucking suck so bad.

Man, I'm so sorry. That sucks Motown. Best to you and your family. RIP
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-06-04, 18:31

Sorry, Motown. Saying goodbye to a family dog (or even a cat) sucks.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2020-06-04, 19:57

You did a great thing and I bet your pup paid you back tenfold. Sorry for the loss, dogs are the best Motown<3
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-04, 20:34

Thank you for your kind words everyone. What a shit fucking day. 15 years is a long time to have a dog, but when I think that she’s been with me for a third of my life, it really hits me.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-06-04, 20:45

Oof... Sorry man. Sucks.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-06-04, 21:05

Motown Spartan wrote:Thank you for your kind words everyone. What a shit fucking day. 15 years is a long time to have a dog, but when I think that she’s been with me for a third of my life, it really hits me.

Fucking sucks. It's amazing how they are closer family than some other family members.
How is your daughter handling it?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-04, 21:53

Dendrobates wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:Thank you for your kind words everyone. What a shit fucking day. 15 years is a long time to have a dog, but when I think that she’s been with me for a third of my life, it really hits me.

Fucking sucks. It's amazing how they are closer family than some other family members.
How is your daughter handling it?

She is handling it very well. Better than me for sure and way better than my wife, she is devastated.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-06-04, 22:10

Putting down a pet sucks. Sorry dude.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-06-04, 22:28

My condolences Motown. The rescue I took in just had to be put down as well. Never an easy thing.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-06-04, 23:12

RIP. Dogs are awesome. You got any pics?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-06-05, 12:45

Just found out my new puppy has luxating patella in both back legs. $5k to fix it. Wife says no, I'd hate to have to put him down, he is turning out to be a good little monster.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-05, 12:59

Jake from State Farm wrote:Just found out my new puppy has luxating patella in both back legs. $5k to fix it. Wife says no, I'd hate to have to put him down, he is turning out to be a good little monster.

Fix that man! Pay it off over time if you have to! There is nothing in the world like the love of a dog.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-06-05, 13:20

Motown Spartan wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Just found out my new puppy has luxating patella in both back legs. $5k to fix it. Wife says no, I'd hate to have to put him down, he is turning out to be a good little monster.

Fix that man!  Pay it off over time if you have to!  There is nothing in the world like the love of a dog.

It's tough. I don't know much about the above, but if it fixes the issue and quality of life is good, I would do it.

The guy on the right had back-to-back ACL knee surgeries, and just as he recovered from the 2nd he was diagnosed with lymphoma. Dude couldn't catch a break. You can't cure it in dogs, they just give them a low dose chemo treatments to keep it a bay for a while. But eventually, 6-18 months, it will kill them. I don't regret it for moment. He made it 18 months and during that time he was as happy and healthy as he could be all things considering with two fused knees and cancer rolling through his veins.  Here is a pic after one of his monthly chemo treatments. I miss that fucker.

I highly recommend Blue Pearl in Auburn Hills if anyone needs a good surgery vet.

Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  2017-010
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-06-05, 13:33

Nordic wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Fix that man!  Pay it off over time if you have to!  There is nothing in the world like the love of a dog.

It's tough. I don't know much about the above, but if it fixes the issue and quality of life is good, I would do it.

The guy on the right had back-to-back ACL knee surgeries, and just as he recovered from the 2nd he was diagnosed with lymphoma. Dude couldn't catch a break. You can't cure it in dogs, they just give them a low dose chemo treatments to keep it a bay for a while. But eventually, 6-18 months, it will kill them. I don't regret it for moment. He made it 18 months and during that time he was as happy and healthy as he could be all things considering with two fused knees and cancer rolling through his veins.  Here is a pic after one of his monthly chemo treatments. I miss that fucker.

I highly recommend Blue Pearl in Auburn Hills if anyone needs a good surgery vet.

Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  2017-010

It is tough. I put down four dogs withing the space of about a year and half and just put down my hiking buddy a few months ago. I got this one to have a new hiking buddy. Looks like he's going to get carried a lot until he gets fixed.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-06-05, 13:33

Those are good boys Nordy.

An old friend of ours from MSU who keeps in touch with the wife via FB reached out this week. My girl that passed in '17 Charlie was a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. She had her share of medical issues (mostly stomach related) throughout her life but she was a lot of fun and followed me around like a baby duckling. Anyway, this girl remembered that we had a Swissy (they're not exactly a common breed) and said her Swissy is preggo and did we want to consider a pup. The mom has a clean bill of health. I don't really want another dog but it's hard not to consider it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-05, 13:58

Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  B53c5510
Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  E0fa5d10
Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  8d4ca610
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-06-05, 14:01

Looks like he was a great dog. My condolences Motown Spartan.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-05, 14:23

Thank you everyone. We are struggling today.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2020-06-05, 14:48

Motown Spartan wrote:Thank you everyone. We are struggling today.
Great looking dog. May I suggest putting her back up as your avatar?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-06-05, 14:59

Motown Spartan wrote:Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  B53c5510

what a good pup

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-06-05, 15:17

Love the pics, Motown. You too, Nordy.
InTen and Jake, I’m sorry for your recent losses as well.
Like I said in my earlier post, I just take the loss of dogs harder than humans, especially mine, but for others like you all, too. Maybe that’s one of my many character flaws, I don’t know. I’m one of those who would prefer spending my days with a dog than other people.
Jake, it’s your decision, but if that were my pup, I’d find a way to save it. And before I made a decision I couldn’t take back, I would at least find out if there’s a rescue group or foster parent willing to take on the dog fully knowing about the medical expenses. Please think about it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-05, 15:25

The Pantry wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:Thank you everyone. We are struggling today.
Great looking dog. May I suggest putting her back up as your avatar?

Great idea!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-06-05, 15:26

You could start a Go Fund Me Jake! People on this board are willing to throw away $40 a pop to watch simulated video games, I bet you'd get some action on it. I'd donate.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-05, 15:29

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You could start a Go Fund Me Jake! People on this board are willing to throw away $40 a pop to watch simulated video games, I bet you'd get some action on it. I'd donate.

I'd donate, in honor of my Gracie.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-06-05, 15:32

I paid a 2.5k vet bill. I feel fortunate I have the resources to do it, but still a lot of money at least to me. It was worth every penny.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-06-05, 15:47

Another reason I'm hesitant to get another. I would imagine I pumped $15k easily into that pooch. Maybe 20. When it came to the various emergency visits, the prescription food, the AMOUNT of food, the surgeries, etc.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-06-05, 15:52

Motown Spartan wrote:Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  B53c5510

Ugh, the heartbreak.

Lots of hugs to you guys.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2020-06-05, 15:52

And holy crap your daughter looks so much like you Motown! It’s been a while!
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-05, 16:01

Dendrobates wrote:And holy crap your daughter looks so much like you Motown! It’s been a while!

People that know me thinks she looks like me. People that know my wife thinks she looks like my wife.

And it has been a while. Way too long.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next