Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had to say goodbye to our dog today.

+17
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
AvgMSUJoe
MattyFresh
Floyd Robertson
DWags
I.B. Fine
Dendrobates
kingstonlake
Cameron
Bill Cain
The Pantry
steveschneider
CORNER BLITZ
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
Motown Spartan
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Had to say goodbye to our dog today.

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-06-05, 16:21

Motown, so sorry for your loss. Dogs truly are special creatures.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Had to say goodbye to our dog today.

Post by Senior Dickfist 2020-06-05, 16:26

Jake from State Farm wrote:Just found out my new puppy has luxating patella in both back legs. $5k to fix it. Wife says no, I'd hate to have to put him down, he is turning out to be a good little monster.

Get a 2nd opinion, surgery might not be needed. I previously had a chihuahua with a luxating patella and have one now that has it. In their cases, surgery was not necessary. Obviously, I don't know all of your pooch's details, nor am I a vet, but I'd check into it.

I'd also pony up the $ on a young dog. My wife once accused me of loving our dogs more than her!
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-05, 16:35

Senior Dickfist wrote:Motown, so sorry for your loss. Dogs truly are special creatures.

We don’t deserve them.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-05, 16:35

Senior Dickfist wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Just found out my new puppy has luxating patella in both back legs. $5k to fix it. Wife says no, I'd hate to have to put him down, he is turning out to be a good little monster.

Get a 2nd opinion, surgery might not be needed. I previously had a chihuahua with a luxating patella and have one now that has it. In their cases, surgery was not necessary. Obviously, I don't know all of your pooch's details, nor am I a vet, but I'd check into it.

I'd also pony up the $ on a young dog. My wife once accused me of loving our dogs more than her!

She sounds HOT!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-06-05, 16:53

My condolences to losing a pet and a loyal friend.

Getting a dog is inviting a non-human into your family who is almost always happy to be in your pack. (even though they might think you and yours are in their pack).

The tough thing is you almost always know you are going in most likely to outlive them and that takes courage.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-05, 17:27

GRR Spartan wrote:My condolences to losing a pet and a loyal friend.

Getting a dog is inviting a non-human into your family who is almost always happy to be in your pack. (even though they might think you and yours are in their pack).

The tough thing is you almost always know you are going in most likely to outlive them and that takes courage.

Thank you! It definitely takes courage to go through this part of it. Of course, you never know how much your life will be disrupted by a pet either.

All 1,000% worth it though. I love that dog so fucking much! I will cherish every memory forever.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2020-06-05, 20:06

If it's a puppy he might still grow into it if he doesn't have issues/in pain

Larger breed?
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-06-05, 21:37

Motown Spartan wrote:Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  - Page 2 B53c5510
Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  - Page 2 E0fa5d10
Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  - Page 2 8d4ca610

Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  - Page 2 3493939353
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-06-05, 21:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Those are good boys Nordy.

An old friend of ours from MSU who keeps in touch with the wife via FB reached out this week. My girl that passed in '17 Charlie was a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. She had her share of medical issues (mostly stomach related) throughout her life but she was a lot of fun and followed me around like a baby duckling. Anyway, this girl remembered that we had a Swissy (they're not exactly a common breed) and said her Swissy is preggo and did we want to consider a pup. The mom has a clean bill of health. I don't really want another dog but it's hard not to consider it.

Do it. I didn't want another dog either. But twife strongarmed me and we ended up with this guy.

Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  - Page 2 Screen27
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-06-05, 21:59

Nordic wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Those are good boys Nordy.

An old friend of ours from MSU who keeps in touch with the wife via FB reached out this week. My girl that passed in '17 Charlie was a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog. She had her share of medical issues (mostly stomach related) throughout her life but she was a lot of fun and followed me around like a baby duckling. Anyway, this girl remembered that we had a Swissy (they're not exactly a common breed) and said her Swissy is preggo and did we want to consider a pup. The mom has a clean bill of health. I don't really want another dog but it's hard not to consider it.

Do it. I didn't want another dog either. But twife strongarmed me and we ended up with this guy.

Had to say goodbye to our dog today.  - Page 2 Screen27

He’s awesome!
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-06-05, 23:59

That is an awesome pup Nord. And Motown's pics make me sad.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2