Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lincoln Project

+16
Watch Out Pylon!
AvgMSUJoe
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Frank Ricard
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
Jake from State Farm
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
20 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Lincoln Project Empty Lincoln Project

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-02, 22:59

Steve Schmidt is an American Hero. Powerful words-

https://twitter.com/jasonoverstreet/status/1278882363930374144?s=21

Well spoken and on the right side of history.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

DWags and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Lincoln Project Empty Re: Lincoln Project

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-07-03, 06:24

Their ads and mission are very good and very necessary.

I just hope Democrats have a plan down the road to react to them when their sights are turned away from the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and toward them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-07-03, 09:15

They do a good job of trolling Trump, of course he's pretty easy to get going.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-03, 09:30

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Their ads and mission are very good and very necessary.

I just hope Democrats have a plan down the road to react to them when their sights are turned away from the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and toward them.

I listened to an interview with Schmidt he seemed genuinely embarrassed about the Sarah Palin vp pick and stands against the loony side of the GOP. When I listen to conservatives like Anne Applebaum, David Frum, Schmidt their ideas make sense to me and I can see why someone would hold those views. Feels like we’d be better off if we had a balance between those two styles of governance. One from the left where you raise taxes when necessary to invest in the collective good, and another where you cut taxes when you need to stimulate the economy/incentive growth/etc.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-07-03, 09:51

Of course Biden cheerleader steve is a secret Republican. Makes perfect sense.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-03, 10:01

Cameron wrote:Of course Biden cheerleader steve is a secret Republican. Makes perfect sense.

I would vote conservative if they could drop a lot of the crazy shit. The environment is a deal breaker also I buy into the idea of investing in the collective good and helping people will make the country better so I support social programs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-03, 12:29

I would see some of the Lincoln Project's stuff now and then, but it has been picking up, and I started following them on a secondary twitter account. Really enjoying their stuff.

I know very little about their politics beyond anti-Trump (I know they're Republicans, but that can be a broad spectrum). But even in their original NYT OP-ed, which is linked on their site, they don't talk about other politics beyond saying that they still have disagreements with Dems. I respect them for not trying to get into the weeds on that, but instead are focused on the goal at hand, to remove Trump. And perhaps that's because the people behind it vary from moderate to conservative.

Either way, they are killing it on twitter and have made some great anti-Trump ads.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-03, 13:26

MiamiSpartan wrote:I would see some of the Lincoln Project's stuff now and then, but it has been picking up, and I started following them on a secondary twitter account. Really enjoying their stuff.

I know very little about their politics beyond anti-Trump (I know they're Republicans, but that can be a broad spectrum). But even in their original NYT OP-ed, which is linked on their site, they don't talk about other politics beyond saying that they still have disagreements with Dems. I respect them for not trying to get into the weeds on that, but instead are focused on the goal at hand, to remove Trump. And perhaps that's because the people behind it vary from moderate to conservative.

Either way, they are killing it on twitter and have made some great anti-Trump ads.

They were mostly all ex republican strategists and used to make the attack ads against dems etc. They broke from party, or left the party to stand up against Trumpism. Most of their beliefs are that we can survive four years of Biden but this country can't make it through four more years of Trump.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-03, 14:20

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:I would see some of the Lincoln Project's stuff now and then, but it has been picking up, and I started following them on a secondary twitter account. Really enjoying their stuff.

They were mostly all ex republican strategists and used to make the attack ads against dems etc. They broke from party, or left the party to stand up against Trumpism. Most of their beliefs are that we can survive four years of Biden but this country can't make it through four more years of Trump.

Right, I get that, Republicans against Trump. But there is a big scale of Republicans from the ultra-right to moderates with a lot of different ideas, just as there are from moderate Dems to the ultra-left. The moderate Republicans have lost control to the neo-cons and Tea Party types over the last 10-20 years prior to Trump. I don't really care that much, though. As I mentioned, I respect them for not even getting into that, and instead focusing only on Trump (and supporting Biden to that end).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-03, 14:24

steveschneider wrote:

As a side note, the fact that they used to make attack ads explains why their ads are so good. As a side note to that side note, I used to work with a guy who made attack ads. He won a national award for the best negative political ad. A couple of years after that, still only in his 30s, I think, he quit to start up a minor league baseball team. He told me, "I got tired of ruining people's lives for a living."
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2020-07-04, 05:57

The Lincoln Project is one of very few political causes I would send money to. The thing holding me back is the minute you donate, you're immediately thought of as a piggy bank and they'll always come back wanting more and more. Maybe it shouldn't, but you get hit from so many causes, I do get tired of the constant begging for money anytime you give to a worthwhile organization.

But I've enjoyed the ads. If starting the Iraq War 16 years ago made me start questioning my long held beliefs of being a Republican, the orange orangutan sealed the deal. No way am I supporting this brand of republicanism,which is flat out racist bull shit. Not a Dem either. I liked Bill Weld. I'm a fan of Elissa Slotkin too. These are the kinds of people, regardless of party affiliation, that we need in govt. I don't have to agree with every single policy they take, but at least I respect their stances.

First things first. Remove the incompetent, lying, POS from the White House. Thank you Lincoln Project.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-04, 09:07

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

As a side note, the fact that they used to make attack ads explains why their ads are so good. As a side note to that side note, I used to work with a guy who made attack ads. He won a national award for the best negative political ad. A couple of years after that, still only in his 30s, I think, he quit to start up a minor league baseball team. He told me, "I got tired of ruining people's lives for a living."

That’s funny. I read some rick Wilson and sounds like a career of ruining people’s lives pays pretty well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-04, 09:29

I just saw something last night that Kelly Anne Conway's husband is one of guys that started this up? I knew her husband wasn't a fan but didn't make the connection. The Lincoln project is a lot harsher than the things James Carville and his wife (I forget her name) used to say about the other's bosses. I'm surprised Trump keeps her around.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-04, 10:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:I just saw something last night that Kelly Anne Conway's husband is one of guys that started this up? I knew her husband wasn't a fan but didn't make the connection. The Lincoln project is a lot harsher than the things James Carville and his wife (I forget her name) used to say about the other's bosses. I'm surprised Trump keeps her around.

She has to be a White House leaker.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-04, 10:03

Also, Steve Schmidt is my favorite one of the group. That guy can get a standing overturn from me in my living room when I watch him eviscerate Trump. Incredible orator. That tweet I posted above is powerful shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2020-07-04, 12:20

MiamiSpartan wrote:I just saw something last night that Kelly Anne Conway's husband is one of guys that started this up? I knew her husband wasn't a fan but didn't make the connection. The Lincoln project is a lot harsher than the things James Carville and his wife (I forget her name) used to say about the other's bosses. I'm surprised Trump keeps her around.

Mary Matalin is married to Carville. I haven't heard from her this cycle. Bet she's done with it.

Decided to look her up. She stopped out of the party in 2016. Now is labeled Libertarian.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-07-04, 17:06

2020's version of the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Plus what Jake said about trolling Trump.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-07-20, 14:04

Opinion: Does the Lincoln Project have a secret agenda? The answer is surprising.

If the LP holds true to the answers to the questions this piece raises, the country will be a better place in the long run, maybe even the death of the GOP.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-22, 12:38

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status/1285622605744144384?s=21

Pretty good. Pretty pretty good.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-22, 13:25

People need to get off the Lincoln project’s nuts.

Already my pos rep Liz Cheney is working to weed out the blatant idiots of the “freedom caucus”. It’s a sign that the leadership in the gop has accepted they’re going to take some lumps in this election and is cleaning house. What we will be left with is a just as evil, but much better at hiding it gop. They will disavow trumpism and try to rebrand. Listen, the gop has a leg up on the dems with latino and asian voters of a certain age because of those demographic’s biases, religiosity, natural conservatism. With the right candidates, even if the dems take congress this cycle, they could EASILY lose it in the next. Fuck the Lincoln project. They’re still republicans. Need to elect Biden and jam through a shit tone of legislation knee-capping the gop’s decades long advantages in districting and in state governments. I fear any rest on any laurels will spell doom. And Nixon / Carter / Reagan will happen again and we’re right back we’re we started. I don’t believe anyone in a potential Biden administration has the foresight or guts to do what needs to be done but I guess we’ll see.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-07-22, 13:36

Rocinante wrote:People need to get off the Lincoln project’s nuts.

Already my pos rep Liz Cheney is working to weed out the blatant idiots of the “freedom caucus”. It’s a sign that the leadership in the gop has accepted they’re going to take some lumps in this election and is cleaning house. What we will be left with is a just as evil, but much better at hiding it gop. They will disavow trumpism and try to rebrand. Listen, the gop has a leg up on the dems with latino and asian voters of a certain age because of those demographic’s biases, religiosity, natural conservatism. With the right candidates, even if the dems take congress this cycle, they could EASILY lose it in the next. Fuck the Lincoln project. They’re still republicans. Need to elect Biden and jam through a shit tone of legislation knee-capping the gop’s decades long advantages in districting and in state governments. I fear any rest on any laurels will spell doom. And Nixon / Carter / Reagan will happen again and we’re right back we’re we started. I don’t believe anyone in a potential Biden administration has the foresight or guts to do what needs to be done but I guess we’ll see.

This. Fuck em. A) don’t need them to win B) they’re gonna make the squishy centrists feel like they owe them something if they do win. And God knows a centrist will be more than willing to capitulate
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-22, 13:54

Couldn't disagree more. Politics is about building coalitions. We can use them for 2020 and discard them. They make great ads with bite and are helping the cause.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-07-22, 14:03

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Already my pos rep Liz Cheney is working to weed out the blatant idiots of the “freedom caucus”.  It’s a sign that the leadership in the gop has accepted they’re going to take some lumps in this election and is cleaning house.  What we will be left with is a just as evil, but much better at hiding it gop.  They will disavow trumpism and try to rebrand.  Listen, the gop has a leg up on the dems with latino and asian voters of a certain age because of those demographic’s biases, religiosity, natural conservatism.  With the right candidates, even if the dems take congress this cycle, they could EASILY lose it in the next.  Fuck the Lincoln project.  They’re still republicans.  Need to elect Biden and jam through a shit tone of legislation knee-capping the gop’s decades long advantages in districting and in state governments.  I fear any rest on any laurels will spell doom.  And Nixon / Carter / Reagan will happen again and we’re right back we’re we started.  I don’t believe anyone in a potential Biden administration has the foresight or guts to do what needs to be done but I guess we’ll see.

This. Fuck em. A) don’t need them to win B) they’re gonna make the squishy centrists feel like they owe them something if they do win. And God knows a centrist will be more than willing to capitulate
You can tell by how much steve loves their shit.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-07-22, 14:09

steveschneider wrote:

Couldn't disagree more. Politics is about building coalitions. We can use them for 2020 and discard them. They make great ads with bite and are helping the cause.

But you won’t. They’ll tell you “we still gotta work together to fight trumpy folks but to do that I need you to support spending a trillion dollars bombing Angola” and you’ll be like “yes sir anything to fight trumpism sir”
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-22, 14:13

Eyeroll, sure if that's what you need to tell yourself go right ahead.

Some of us want to win in November.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-22, 14:44

steveschneider wrote:Eyeroll, sure if that's what you need to tell yourself go right ahead.

Steve, you have to realize there are people who would gladly take another four years of Trump if they thought it meant they could get their version of him in 2024. They have no interest in a united Democrat party. They want the center obliterated.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-22, 14:54

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Eyeroll, sure if that's what you need to tell yourself go right ahead.

Steve, you have to realize there are people who would gladly take another four years of Trump if they thought it meant they could get their version of him in 2024. They have no interest in a united Democrat party. They want the center obliterated.

I get it. I view politics as forming coalitions and game of adding supporters not shunning someone because you once disagreed with them or they got money in a wine cave or whatever.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-07-22, 14:57

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Steve, you have to realize there are people who would gladly take another four years of Trump if they thought it meant they could get their version of him in 2024. They have no interest in a united  Democrat party. They want the center obliterated.

I get it. I view politics as forming coalitions and game of adding supporters not shunning someone because you once disagreed with them or they got money in a wine cave or whatever.
Pretty sure that attitude is exactly what Travis is talking about.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-22, 15:49

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Pretty sure that attitude is exactly what Travis is talking about.

Not really.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-07-22, 15:50

yep. See post #2 in this very thread.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-22, 16:01

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Steve, you have to realize there are people who would gladly take another four years of Trump if they thought it meant they could get their version of him in 2024. They have no interest in a united  Democrat party. They want the center obliterated.

I agree. The problem is there’s an element of the D party working against the D party. While Bernie or Warren weren’t my first choice, had they gotten the nomination, I wouldn’t have had to “hold my nose” to vote for either of them. I’d welcome Warren as the VP (again, not my first choice). I’m not pissy about the process. I understand the D party is a huge umbrella. There was a chance my guy wasn’t gonna get the nomination and he didn’t. Biden signed a “charter” I believe with Bernie. Good idea. Full disclosure that I haven’t read it. Incorporate some of his and his supporters ideas. Time will tell if it has teeth. I’m just not a petulant kid who was told he could only have two cookies instead of five and threw a fit over it because it’s five or nothing. I believe you and I would both punch the ticket for Sanders if he won without hesitation, whining or complaining. There’s a segment of the D party that don’t feel that way. And you’re right. Some of them won’t vote. No matter what they tell you.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-22, 16:04

Coalition building with republicans. What a fucking joke. You guys are the suckeriest suckers that ever sucked.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-22, 16:08

Rocinante wrote:Coalition building with republicans. What a fucking joke. You guys are the suckeriest suckers that ever sucked.

I’m more concerned about intra party coalition building. As far as the Lincoln project, I like what they’re doing. Like it or not there is a middle ground in America. They’re people that don’t always vote. But will if pushed. If the Lincoln project is successful in getting those people out to vote D, that’s a good thing. I’ll leave the strategic in party games in the GOP to themselves.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-22, 16:14

Never forget that these dudes didn’t poke their heads out until things started looking really bad for the fuhrer‘s re-election. They claim the moral high ground now, but they were silent when trump was exactly the same guy he is now but was appointing conservative judges and ordering ICE raids. Fuck them.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-22, 16:21

Rocinante wrote:Never forget that these dudes didn’t poke their heads out until things started looking really bad for the fuhrer‘s re-election. They claim the moral high ground now, but they were silent when trump was exactly the same guy he is now but was appointing conservative judges and ordering ICE raids. Fuck them.

I understand that. I’m not saying I voting straight R ticket. lol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-22, 16:24

Rocinante wrote:Never forget that these dudes didn’t poke their heads out until things started looking really bad for the fuhrer‘s re-election. They claim the moral high ground now, but they were silent when trump was exactly the same guy he is now but was appointing conservative judges and ordering ICE raids. Fuck them.

Not accurate.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-22, 16:25

I thought the Lincoln project formed like a year ago? Aren’t the founding members basically “McCain” guys? I know Conway and Weaver have been outspoken critics of trump from jump.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-22, 16:27

kingstonlake wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I agree. The problem is there’s an element of the D party working against the D party. While Bernie or Warren weren’t my first choice, had they gotten the nomination, I wouldn’t have had to “hold my nose” to vote for either of them. I’d welcome Warren as the VP (again, not my first choice). I’m not pissy about the process. I understand the D party is a huge umbrella. There was a chance my guy wasn’t gonna get the nomination and he didn’t. Biden signed a “charter” I believe with Bernie. Good idea. Full disclosure that I haven’t read it. Incorporate some of his and his supporters ideas. Time will tell if it has teeth. I’m just not a petulant kid who was told he could only have two cookies instead of five and threw a fit over it because it’s five or nothing. I believe you and I would both punch the ticket for Sanders if he won without hesitation, whining or complaining. There’s a segment of the D party that don’t feel that way. And you’re right. Some of them won’t vote. No matter what they tell you.

I think they hate everyone that can't win a gold medal in the Woke Olympics.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-22, 16:32

Look at the Reagan Democrats up in here. I see y’all.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-07-22, 16:34

Rocinante wrote:Look at the Reagan Democrats up in here. I see y’all.

lol!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next