Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Veritas

+6
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
Rocinante
steveschneider
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Project Veritas Empty Project Veritas

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-22, 10:33

A second local news weather person has come forth talking about how they are silenced and they'll be talking to Project Veritas.

https://www.newsweek.com/april-moss-cbs-weather-report-expose-discrimination-project-veritas-1602808

Propaganda move to further undermine the credibility of media. I'm guessing in the coming months we'll find out these reporters got paid a good chunk of change to do this.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Project Veritas Empty Re: Project Veritas

Post by Rocinante 2021-06-22, 16:16

Conservative voices are being silenced.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-22, 19:29

Rocinante wrote:Conservative voices are being silenced.

Call me old fashioned but I sort of just wish the weather people would just stick to reporting the weather.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-06-23, 09:58

April Moss is unhappy. Moss is working for CBS owned 62 in #14 US market Detroit. (According to Neilson) and a move like this can get her to a bigger market to a Sinclair or Fox owned station in a Top 10 market. Going to Project Veritas gives her credibility to the “conservative” ownership.

What connies forget or choose to ignore is Fox Corp has paid millions to women for harassment.

PS

Don’t think unhappy females in local news and weather is unique. Going to Project Veritus is new.
Sleepy GR market has had 5 females leave because of they were unhappy with the way they were treated at their respective stations. A 6 & 11 anchor at 3, a weekend anchor at 8, a reporter at 13 and 2 weekend weather presenters (13 & 47)

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2021-06-23, 10:51

steveschneider wrote:

Call me old fashioned but I sort of just wish the weather people would just stick to reporting the weather.

Steve's "shut up and dribble" moment
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay, Turtleneck and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-23, 10:55

steveschneider wrote:

Unless you agree with what they're saying, right?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-23, 11:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I feel like the tv weather forecaster job has become obsolete. Maybe a lot of them see the writing on the wall and are going for a cash grab.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-06-23, 11:43

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I feel like the tv weather forecaster job has become obsolete. Maybe a lot of them see the writing on the wall and are going for a cash grab.

You know what's even more obsolete? The local TV sports people. The weather folks actually do provide some value.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-06-23, 13:34

I only watch local for the weather. Usually don’t do that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-23, 17:42

I agree with Dwags and Floyd, weather has more nuance, and I get more detailed information from them than I do the app on my phone.

But, steve, really?  Now you're saying that they're just saying this for the money/attention, after first saying that they should "shut up and forecast weather".  You do realize that you're doing EXACTLY what conservatives do when someone in the public eye uses their platform to say something that they disagree with, right?  Maybe take a look back at your past comments when Conservatives were bashing LeBron, Kapernick, etc.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-06-23, 18:01

Do yourself a favor and don't watch the "news".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-23, 19:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Do yourself a favor and don't watch the "news".

Or just watch it, but pretend on a message board that your wife just showed you a clip of everything.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron, Other Teams Pursuing That and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-06-23, 19:54

Yes, pretend ignorance is best.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-06-23, 19:56

MiamiSpartan wrote:I agree with Dwags and Floyd, weather has more nuance, and I get more detailed information from them than I do the app on my phone.

But, steve, really?  Now you're saying that they're just saying this for the money/attention, after first saying that they should "shut up and forecast weather".  You do realize that you're doing EXACTLY what conservatives do when someone in the public eye uses their platform to say something that they disagree with, right?  Maybe take a look back at your past comments when Conservatives were bashing LeBron, Kapernick, etc.

Steve’s ‘shut up and do the weather’ also runs counter to his bitching about real time coverage of tornadoes in southern Michigan a few days ago. Never mind lives were at stake.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-23, 20:57

Get an app with real time radar on it. You'll thank me for it and you'll never have your picnic rained out again.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-23, 20:59

MiamiSpartan wrote:I agree with Dwags and Floyd, weather has more nuance, and I get more detailed information from them than I do the app on my phone.

These weather reporters are behaving unprofessional and screwing over their employer. They are burning a bridge. I disagree with your analogy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-24, 08:12

steveschneider wrote:

These weather reporters are behaving unprofessional and screwing over their employer. They are burning a bridge. I disagree with your analogy.

Got it, so people shouldn't speak out about something if it hurts their employer.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-24, 08:23

steveschneider wrote:Get an app with real time radar on it. You'll thank me for it and you'll never have your picnic rained out again.

Next you're going to tell us that there are apps where you can see live sports scores, too!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-24, 10:04

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Got it, so people shouldn't speak out about something if it hurts their employer.

Let me ask you this, when you are at a meeting with one of your clients should you blurt out that your employer is silencing you and you will be starting a substack where you are going to come forth with your truth?

What would your employer do?

What would your clients think?

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-24, 12:22

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Let me ask you this, when you are at a meeting with one of your clients should you blurt out that your employer is silencing you and you will be starting a substack where you are going to come forth with your truth?

Umm, yes. If the employer has been silencing me on something that I feel is very important and that the client should be aware of, yes, I will call them out.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-24, 12:31

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Umm, yes. If the employer has been silencing me on something that I feel is very important and that the client should be aware of, yes, I will call them out.

My good friends brother in law works at an architecture firm that had to let an employee go because he was preaching Q Anon stuff in the office.

I'm sure that guy felt the office should be aware of the info and felt like important information was being suppressed.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-06-24, 13:55

Fucking steve...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-24, 14:47

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

My good friends brother in law works at an architecture firm that had to let an employee go because he was preaching Q Anon stuff in the office.

I'm sure that guy felt the office should be aware of the info and felt like important information was being suppressed.

Not only do you continue to move the goal posts, you also continue to confirm that you're only opposed to people speaking out if you disagree with what they're saying.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-24, 15:10

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Not only do you continue to move the goal posts, you also continue to confirm that you're only opposed to people speaking out if you disagree with what they're saying.

I provided an example that shows how problematic your argument is.

He's using his platform to speak out to people and doing it against his employers wishes. It highlights that what you are asking for is unprofessional.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-24, 15:12

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I'll circle back and keep it simple. That's very unprofessional.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-06-24, 15:29

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Or just watch it, but pretend on a message board that your wife just showed you a clip of everything.
sure, you could do that, too. I just can't imagine the type of person that would subject themselves to such things.

then again, I've never been 'Up North", either.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2021-06-24, 15:30

tGreenWay wrote:

Yes, pretend ignorance is best.
from what I can tell, the most avid watchers of 'news' seem incredibly ignorant.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-24, 16:11

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

He's using his platform to speak out to people and doing it against his employers wishes. It highlights that what you are asking for is unprofessional.

I never said that someone shouldn't expect that they may get fired if they criticize their employer. That doesn't mean that they don't have a right to speak out, and should instead shut up and dribble (or shut up and read the weather).

Under your argument, people should not publicly speak out if hey feel that they've been sexually harassed, racially discriminated against, or see an employer do something unethical. After all, that would be against their employers' wishes.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-24, 16:14

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Umm, yes.  If the employer has been silencing me on something that I feel is very important and that the client should be aware of, yes, I will call them out.  

I'll circle back and keep it simple. That's very unprofessional.

Ok, let's keep simple.  You are on record as saying that employees should not speak out if they witness a company do something wrong, and that company asks them not to talk about it.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-24, 17:02

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I never said that someone shouldn't expect that they may get fired if they criticize their employer. That doesn't mean that they don't have a right to speak out, and should instead shut up and dribble (or shut up and read the weather).

Under your argument, people should not publicly speak out if hey feel that they've been sexually harassed, racially discriminated against, or see an employer do something unethical. After all, that would be against their employers' wishes.

We are getting somewhere here. Of course someone should speak out given all the examples you provided. None of those examples apply to the link I provided in the original post.

My opinion is the weather person is being disingenuous and it's a right wing plot to undermine the media. We have two data points where this is happened now and I call BS on their intent.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-24, 17:25

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

We are getting somewhere here. Of course someone should speak out given all the examples you provided. None of those examples apply to the link I provided in the original post.

My opinion is the weather person is being disingenuous and it's a right wing plot to undermine the media. We have two data points where this is happened now and I call BS on their intent.

You're all over the place. You have been speaking generally saying that weather people should stick to the weather and that it is unprofessional to speak out against your employer. You've said this as a blanket statement.

Now you're reverting to "in this particular case", and are essentially saying that you feel this way because you don't agree with what she's saying. Of course lying about your employer is unprofessional in any instance. But you never said that. Are you just being a dipshit troll, or are you that incapable of expressing yourself in a cogent way despite many attempts? It is hard to tell sometimes. Neither is something to be proud of.

You're assuming she's lying in this one case, and maybe she is, but it doesn't change the fact that you made blanket, general statements, that people should not speak out against their employers. That is a dangerous and horrible take.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-24, 17:47

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

You're all over the place. You have been speaking generally saying that weather people should stick to the weather and that it is unprofessional to speak out against your employer. You've said this as a blanket statement.

Now you're reverting to "in this particular case", and are essentially saying that you feel this way because you don't agree with what she's saying. Of course lying about your employer is unprofessional in any instance. But you never said that. Are you just being a dipshit troll, or are you that incapable of expressing yourself in a cogent way despite many attempts? It is hard to tell sometimes. Neither is something to be proud of.

You're assuming she's lying in this one case, and maybe she is, but it doesn't change the fact that you made blanket, general statements, that people should not speak out against their employers. That is a dangerous and horrible take.

I made one off handed remark about the weather person in response to rocinate. Sure you win Weatherpeople should be free to speak out. Of course. I'm merely stating my preference which I'm entitled to and I prefer my weatherpeople to stay on point for most of the forecast.

Making a leap about my intolerance of their messaging, or doing the same as conservatives to Lebron or Kapernick is a leap and I disagree.

The weather person got her message out, I processed it and I think it's disingenuous and a conservative plot. That's my opinion.

Calling me a dipshit troll, that's just unfortunate. You usually don't resort to name calling. You have my respect though.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-06-24, 18:05

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Project Veritas 200.gif?cid=ddb306a5p1zzj0u8q8cvjhc345vy7h332u4fojqp28x65y3b&rid=200
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-24, 21:01

Project Veritas is a complete con job. Look up the two reporters interviews that did the interview. Total right wing manipulation.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-06-24, 21:08

steveschneider wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I made one off handed remark about the weather person in response to rocinate. Sure you win Weatherpeople should be free to speak out. Of course. I'm merely stating my preference which I'm entitled to and I prefer my weatherpeople to stay on point for most of the forecast.

Making a leap about my intolerance of their messaging, or doing the same as conservatives to Lebron or Kapernick is a leap and I disagree.

The weather person got her message out, I processed it and I think it's disingenuous and a conservative plot. That's my opinion.

Calling me a dipshit troll, that's just unfortunate. You usually don't resort to name calling. You have my respect though.

I didn't call you a dipshit troll necessarily. I gave that as one of two options. If you're saying that you're just incapaable of expressing yourself in a cogent way after multiple attempts, let's go with that. Because I don't see a third scenario.

You "made one off handed comment", but then double downed on it. Then triple, quadruple, and quintuple-downed on it. Then, after continuing to argue that people should not speak out if it will upset their employer, and repeatedly offering no qualifying statement about that (an opinion which I find offensive and dangerous). Then you finally act like all along you've just been talking about people that are lying. THAT'S why I felt like you might be trolling. And yes, trolling is a dipshit move. But we'll just go with you talking nonsense if you want.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-06-24, 23:03

steveschneider wrote:Project Veritas is a complete con job. Look up the two reporters interviews that did the interview. Total right wing manipulation.

I'm so glad the Lincoln Project taught you how to spot a con. This represents real personal growth for you, steven. Try to build on this.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos and Turtleneck like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-24, 23:06

Those things you said that “weren’t actual assertions” were bullshit. You were talking out of the wazoo.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2021-06-24, 23:09

If you want to respond to my posts in another thread, do it in that thread.

A backslide this soon is not an encouraging sign, steven.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-25, 06:34

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Project Veritas is a complete con job. Look up the two reporters interviews that did the interview. Total right wing manipulation.

I'm so glad the Lincoln Project taught you how to spot a con. This represents real personal growth for you, steven. Try to build on this.

If you can also acknowledge project Veritas is a scam and those two news casters were being deceitful I’ll take it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2021-06-26, 12:49

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/25/us/politics/spies-conservatives-left-political-enemies.html

This article came out yesterday in the NYT and is completely bonkers.

You guys that are hell bent on going down this road of the 'shut up and dribble' shit, or people can speak out against their employer stuff are taking your eye off the ball with what's really happening here.

This stuff is so well funded, well coordinated and deceptive it's difficult to process. I recommend reading the article.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next