Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.

+12
Floyd Robertson
The Pantry
Robert J Sakimano
CORNER BLITZ
MiamiSpartan
Bill Cain
Nordic
Turtleneck
y2kMgrad
WhiteBoyHatcher
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  Empty Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.

Post by tGreenWay Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:54 pm

MagLites. The bulbs get wanky so you have to shake them just to get the full beam. Otherwise, you’re stuck with a light that looks like it has near-dead batteries.

Dramm Water Wands. Every one inevitably leaks well before it has aged out, and not just from a cheap gasket. Way overpriced.

Fiskars Garden Snips. They make some really good products, but the snips aren’t one of them. The last two I bought fell apart only minutes after opening up the package.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  Empty Re: Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.

Post by kingstonlake Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:04 pm

Butt sex.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  Empty Re: Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:15 pm

Green Way's mom was rated 5 stars on all of the backpage reviews. I found her to be rather dull.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos and WhiteBoyHatcher like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:24 pm

kingstonlake wrote:Butt sex.

You must’ve been sore for days.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:28 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Green Way's mom was rated 5 stars on all of the backpage reviews. I found her to be rather dull.

I’ve heard of some odd fetishes before, but dude, she’s 83. That’s just yuck.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:32 pm

Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  1966794946
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:33 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Green Way's mom was rated 5 stars on all of the backpage reviews. I found her to be rather dull.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:59 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Fiskars Garden Snips. They make some really good products, but the snips aren’t one of them. The last two I bought fell apart only minutes after opening up the package.

Da fuq? So good, I have two pair. One for indoors and one for out. Used one pair recently to cut a copper bar top. Both are several years old and I'm not a gentle person.

You're fucking up bud.

Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  51vgKwTu9XL._AC_SL1000_

Last edited by Nordic on Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:01 am

Chick fil-a

Talk about overrated
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:01 am

The Red Cedar Message Board
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Motown Spartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:25 am

tGreenWay wrote:

You must’ve been sore for days.

Pffft. Weeks.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:58 am

la croix
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:23 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:The Red Cedar Message Board

Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:30 am

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Da fuq? So good, I have two pair. One for indoors and one for out. Used one pair recently to cut a copper bar top. Both are several years old and I'm not a gentle person.

You're fucking up bud.

Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  51vgKwTu9XL._AC_SL1000_

First couple of pair I owned were excellent and had them for years. Lost one pair, probably still in the backyard of my old house somewhere. Second pair I’m pretty sure I loaned out and never saw again. Since then, Fiskars redesigned the locking action. In both of the most recent cases, it’s the buttons that are supposed to slide from one side to the other that come right off.
Screw it; I bought a couple new ones from a different company off amazon. They still use the old school design with a locking metal latch on the bottom of the handles. Probably won’t be as good but at least they’ll work, which is more than I can say for the supposedly better product.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:34 am

CORNER BLITZ wrote:la croix

Never had it. I prefer plain still water.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:32 am

GreenWay, you gotta spend money if you want a good set of reliable, durable pruners. This has been the best pair I've had:

Felco-2 pruners. They run around $50-55 but will last.

Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  1062_felco_2_-_3d_open__50624.1587052297.600.600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:11 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:GreenWay, you gotta spend money if you want a good set of reliable, durable pruners. This has been the best pair I've had:

Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  1062_felco_2_-_3d_open__50624.1587052297.600.600

Yeah, those are nice, but they’re bypass pruners, not garden snips. I’m referring to the hand tool Nordy posted above.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:15 am

Nordic wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You're fucking up bud.

Those are the ones. Those little orange buttons fell off within a couple minutes of opening the packaging, before I could use them, and it happened twice in a row, a few years apart.
Goes back to the old saying: If it’s not Scottish, it’s crap.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:34 am

Strange. No issues with either of mine. I will say I was leary of breaking that button when I first got them. I'm a fiddler and when they are in my hand I constantly slide it up and down. It gets more abuse than intended I'm sure, but holding strong.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:16 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Nordic wrote:

You're fucking up bud.

First couple of pair I owned were excellent and had them for years. Lost one pair, probably still in the backyard of my old house somewhere. Second pair I’m pretty sure I loaned out and never saw again. Since then, Fiskars redesigned the locking action. In both of the most recent cases, it’s the buttons that are supposed to slide from one side to the other that come right off.
Screw it; I bought a couple new ones from a different company off amazon. They still use the old school design with a locking metal latch on the bottom of the handles. Probably won’t be as good but at least they’ll work, which is more than I can say for the supposedly better product.

What size are your pink gardening gloves? Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:11 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:GreenWay, you gotta spend money if you want a good set of reliable, durable pruners. This has been the best pair I've had:

Yeah, those are nice, but they’re bypass pruners, not garden snips. I’m referring to the hand tool Nordy posted above.
been gardening for nearly 30 years and I have no idea what "garden snips" are or what their for.

seems like a pair of scissors would do??
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:56 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What size are your pink gardening gloves? Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  2809484752

Big enough to pleasure Mrs. Kingston with both fists. Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:00 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

been gardening for nearly 30 years and I have no idea what "garden snips" are or what their for.

seems like a pair of scissors would do??

Mostly used for deadheading and removing plant branches in difficult to get to positions without screwing up other branches. And, apparently, for cutting copper, if your name is Nordy. Scissors could def work in certain situations, but snips are extra sharp and pointy, so you cut only what you want to cut and it doesn’t take more than one attempt to do so. Quick and clean with few mistakes.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:40 pm

[ig]CDb8anBj5nh[/ig]
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:32 pm

CORNER BLITZ wrote:[ig]CDb8anBj5nh[/ig]

I saw those advertised a couple of weeks ago. Kind of intrigued by them, but not for the precision snipping. No way my meat bag hands would do anything but break stuff off trying to deadhead. I need the reach and pinpoint cut of snips for the tiny work.

Edit: p.s. Whomever that is trimming plants, she has a penis thumb.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:25 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
CORNER BLITZ wrote:[ig]CDb8anBj5nh[/ig]

I saw those advertised a couple of weeks ago. Kind of intrigued by them, but not for the precision snipping. No way my meat bag hands would do anything but break stuff off trying to deadhead. I need the reach and pinpoint cut of snips for the tiny work.

You “manscape“ with them too?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:27 pm

Pasteurized and homogenized milk. Thanks, State of Michigan.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:19 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Translation: That’s Kingston’s penis thumb. Kind of surprised you paint your nails with such a delicate color. I would’ve guessed you’d try to butch it up with a deeper color. Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:29 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Translation: That’s Kingston’s penis thumb. Kind of surprised you paint your nails with such a delicate color. I would’ve guessed you’d try to butch it up with a deeper color. Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  2809484752

Not your best effort. Razz
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:34 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Why are you quoting Mrs. Kingston? Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:35 pm

Michigan Football
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

MiamiSpartan, tGreenWay and Wally Fairway like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:36 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Why are you quoting Mrs. Kingston? Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  1494614055

Yes. But I told her I wasn’t interested in your performance Name a product that has a great rep but you’ve found to be not very good.  2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:37 pm

Culver’s
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:56 pm

tGreenWay wrote:MagLites. The bulbs get wanky so you have to shake them just to get the full beam. Otherwise, you’re stuck with a light that looks like it has near-dead batteries.
Had a rechargeable MagLite back in my camping days. Thing could light up the tops of trees maybe 500 yards away. Other than that particular Mag, I agree with you.

tSwill needs a new thread on the best flashlights currently available.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:09 pm

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:MagLites. The bulbs get wanky so you have to shake them just to get the full beam. Otherwise, you’re stuck with a light that looks like it has near-dead batteries.
Had a rechargeable MagLite back in my camping days. Thing could light up the tops of trees maybe 500 yards away. Other than that particular Mag, I agree with you.

Do it. Love my D cell mags.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:20 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Had a rechargeable MagLite back in my camping days. Thing could light up the tops of trees maybe 500 yards away. Other than that particular Mag, I agree with you.

Not sure what the best ones are now. Was a big fan of Klarus for a couple years but there has to be better out now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:17 am

the suburbs
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:37 am

The Pantry wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Not sure what the best ones are now. Was a big fan of Klarus for a couple years but there has to be better out now.

https://www.streamlight.com/products/detail/index/protac-2l-x
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:40 am

The Pantry wrote:

My 2D Mags were a lot of fun when they were new. I could light up a Stop sign from 3 and 4 blocks away. Walking the dog at night, I never bothered with anything but a Mag pen light until about five years ago, when skunks moved into the neighborhood. But skunks have bad vision and throwing a beam 20 yards in front of me lets them know somethings coming and not to be startled. Saves them pain from spraying and keeps me smelling Downy fresh.

btw, I’d be into a flashlight thread. About to order something either from amazon or another site once I figure out what’s popular with police departments. Right now, I’m looking into Surefire, Nightcore, Klarus, Fenix, and Pelican. I’m open to anything else you can suggest.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:41 am

kingstonlake wrote:Culver’s

Never been, but I heard last week their shakes are good.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next