Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damn I’ve rented blazing saddyso much I should have bought it.

+7
Rocinante
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Watch Out Pylon!
duffy munn
kingstonlake
DWags
11 posters

Go down

Damn I’ve rented blazing saddyso much I should have bought it.   Empty Damn I’ve rented blazing saddyso much I should have bought it.

Post by DWags 2020-08-02, 22:12

Idiot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Damn I’ve rented blazing saddyso much I should have bought it.   Empty Re: Damn I’ve rented blazing saddyso much I should have bought it.

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-02, 22:13

Never watched it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Damn I’ve rented blazing saddyso much I should have bought it.   Empty Re: Damn I’ve rented blazing saddyso much I should have bought it.

Post by duffy munn 2020-08-02, 22:42

kingstonlake wrote:Never watched it.

dude
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-08-02, 22:45

Not sure if Bob or serious.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-08-02, 23:12

I have also never seen Blazing Saddyso.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-08-02, 23:30

Now it’s time for you to turn in your man card.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-08-02, 23:38

I watched Fletch so many times I finally bought a VHS tape of it. Not long after, DVDs got popular. Never replaced it and haven’t watched in years. These days, it’s hard to look past what an ass Chevy Chase is.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-03, 00:02

Just finished watching community and I have to say on some level, Chevy was right, they weren’t using him to his abilities. When the let him go a few times he was amazing. I can’t think of anyone working now who can do physical comedy like he still can.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-08-03, 11:20

Rocinante wrote:Just finished watching community and I have to say on some level, Chevy was right, they weren’t using him to his abilities. When the let him go a few times he was amazing. I can’t think of anyone working now who can do physical comedy like he still can.

From a couple things I read, he was such a dick on set that nobody wanted to work with him, and that’s not counting the things he may have said to Donald Glover, which, IIRC, were racist in nature.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-03, 12:08

From what I've read and gleaned from interviews, he also hated and frequently ripped on the scripts for the show, and was bad about actually knowing his lines due to lack of preparation. It's kind of a wonder that they made it work as long as they did, I think.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-08-03, 12:17

tGreenWay wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Just finished watching community and I have to say on some level, Chevy was right, they weren’t using him to his abilities. When the let him go a few times he was amazing. I can’t think of anyone working now who can do physical comedy like he still can.

From a couple things I read, he was such a dick on set that nobody wanted to work with him, and that’s not counting the things he may have said to Donald Glover, which, IIRC, were racist in nature.

Chevy has been an asshole going back to at least his SNL days. No one seems to like him.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-08-03, 12:43

Did you finally decide to buy it or did you rent it again? Or were you just looking through receipts from blockbuster video and realize you made a mistake in 1993 when you didn’t just buy it?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2020-08-03, 13:08

Should have rented it from Blockbuster and never returned it. You’d own it now.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-03, 13:20

Cameron wrote:From what I've read and gleaned from interviews, he also hated and frequently ripped on the scripts for the show, and was bad about actually knowing his lines due to lack of preparation. It's kind of a wonder that they made it work as long as they did, I think.

I’ve seen the same stuff. So part of his shitty performances in shows may have been his lack of prep. And yeah he was the old white dude on set who said inappropriate shit. But I stand by my assessment that he could have been used better and Harmon probably could have handled him better and gotten a better result.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-03, 14:54

Rocinante wrote:
Cameron wrote:From what I've read and gleaned from interviews, he also hated and frequently ripped on the scripts for the show, and was bad about actually knowing his lines due to lack of preparation. It's kind of a wonder that they made it work as long as they did, I think.

I’ve seen the same stuff.  So part of his shitty performances in shows may have been his lack of prep.  And yeah he was the old white dude on set who said inappropriate shit.  But I stand by my assessment that he could have been used better and Harmon probably could have handled him better and gotten a better result.
Yeah, I think there's pretty good evidence that Harmon is almost as big of an asshole as Chevy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-03, 15:09

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Not sure if Bob or serious.
never seen it, either.

(it may come as a surprise, but I have a hard time sitting still and paying attention to stuff).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down