Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Qanon is just a bunch of crazy deep state believers?

+9
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
MiamiSpartan
Jake from State Farm
13 posters

Go down

Qanon is just a bunch of crazy deep state believers? Empty Qanon is just a bunch of crazy deep state believers?

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-08-23, 09:54

Amongst other wackjob theories and proclaimed self taught experts.

Oregon Senate candidate and Qanon believer

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Qanon is just a bunch of crazy deep state believers? Empty Re: Qanon is just a bunch of crazy deep state believers?

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-23, 10:15

At least she isn't likely to win, as opposed to the dipshit Qanon nut in Georgia that is all but assured to be elected to Congress.

It is interesting how many similarities these whackjob theories have with the "satanic freemason illuminati" theories that antine was posting on here. Of course, in his theories Trump was just as evil as anyone, not the savior, and Kushner was a key part. And I don't think Qanon are flat earthers necessarily. So that just shows me that this Q person is just a Trump lover making this up. Take these other conspiracies, but take Trump out of it and make him the savior. Also, let's take out the flat earth thing since Trump has encouraged space stuff.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Qanon is just a bunch of crazy deep state believers? Empty Re: Qanon is just a bunch of crazy deep state believers?

Post by Turtleneck 2020-08-23, 11:16

MiamiSpartan wrote:At least she isn't likely to win, as opposed to the dipshit Qanon nut in Georgia that is all but assured to be elected to Congress.

It is interesting how many similarities these whackjob theories have with the "satanic freemason illuminati" theories that antine was posting on here. Of course, in his theories Trump was just as evil as anyone, not the savior, and Kushner was a key part. And I don't think Qanon are flat earthers necessarily. So that just shows me that this Q person is just a Trump lover making this up. Take these other conspiracies, but take Trump out of it and make him the savior. Also, let's take out the flat earth thing since Trump has encouraged space stuff.

Please leave Nigel out of this.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-08-23, 13:28

Here's a link to a good article about QAnon from The Atlantic written by its Executive Editor Adreinne LaFrance, Michigan State School of Journalism grad.

QAnon is a frightening group that views Trump as a leader to protect the country from The Deep State. The same Deep State Trump said was in the FDA slowing COVID-19 vaccine distribution to the general public

QAnon is More Important Than You Think
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-23, 21:55

Exhibit 3,923 why we need to redesign the internet from the ground up.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-09-09, 14:30

lol

[tw]1303752833334947847[/tw]

The republican party is officially in a death spiral (if they weren't already, I mean).
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-09-09, 18:06

NY Times Podcast series Rabbit Hole is worth a listen.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-25, 08:08

[tw]1320109475303460866?s=21[/tw]

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/14/media/qanon-news-coverage/index.html

Sounds like this shit is growing in popularity and influence. Had a friend tell me there’s a qanon guy at his architectural firm that is about to get fired because he’s way into it. We’ve already seen a qanon believer get elected in Georgia. We live in some really loony times.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-25, 09:57

America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-25, 10:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:America is a stupid country.

My forecast is in the coming years we will more than likely have a person or two in our own circle that believes in this loony shit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-25, 10:08

People want to believe In stuff like this. It’s fun for them. They want to believe in space aliens site 51, flat earth, Tu Pac alive, a second gunman on the knoll, fake moon landings, autism for flu shots. Whatever.

Most are harmless fun to sit around and talk about. Some can lead to harm. But in a life with thousands of channels on tv endless internet fun and music at your fingertips there remains a boredom in some people’s lives that these things need to fill.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-25, 10:16

Pretty sure the two Trump guys SBC crashes with in the new Borat are QAnon, or are at least heavily into conspiracies. They may or may not believe HRC drinks the blood of children.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2020-10-25, 10:23; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-25, 10:23

https://www.newsweek.com/borat-2-movie-qanon-bill-clinton-hillary-clinton-blood-1541366
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-10-25, 10:43

I have a high school Facebook friend that’s fallen hard down the rabbit hole. I keep him around because it’s fascinating, and also I like to see how many people delete him with every post.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-25, 11:09

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:America is a stupid country.

My forecast is in the coming years we will more than likely have a person or two in our own circle that believes in this loony shit.
I don't really have a circle.

but if I did, and they turned into some right wing religious conspiracy MAGA pathetic, disgusting, "lets kill the Governor" types, they'd need to find a new circle.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-10-25, 12:57

DWags wrote:People want to believe In stuff like this. It’s fun for them.  They want to believe in space aliens site 51, flat earth, Tu Pac alive,  a second gunman on the knoll, fake moon landings, autism for flu shots.   Whatever.

Most are harmless fun to sit around and talk about. Some can lead to harm.  But in a life with thousands of channels on tv endless internet fun and music at your fingertips there remains a boredom in some people’s lives that these things need to fill.  

It’s more than that.

Remember the Tea Party was started as a “grassroots” unconnected bunch that quickly connected and within 24 months was swallowed up by political pros who also expanded it.

QAnon is much more concerning.  It’s past a bunch of crazies.  It’s a bunch of crazies who have formed citizen militias like the one that was going to kidnap Gov Whitmer.  They have created a whole end times scenario.  

Put that together with political opportunists like the soon to be Congresswoman  from SC, possibly other members of a Congress of like minds, even local sheriffs in MI deciding what laws they should enforce or groups they can align.  Saw it in Kenosha with police “welcoming” militia.

Every time I see those “Blue Line” flags I’m thinking there are more than a few closet militia supporters hiding in plain sight willing to go to a “law and order” style of governance because they seek order at any cost.  Think Mussolini’s He makes the trains run on time” logic.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-25, 13:14

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I don't really have a circle.

but if I did, and they turned into some right wing religious conspiracy MAGA pathetic, disgusting, "lets kill the Governor" types, they'd need to find a new circle.

You have A Perfect Circle, Bob.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-10-25, 13:42

GRR Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:People want to believe In stuff like this. It’s fun for them.  They want to believe in space aliens site 51, flat earth, Tu Pac alive,  a second gunman on the knoll, fake moon landings, autism for flu shots.   Whatever.

Most are harmless fun to sit around and talk about. Some can lead to harm.  But in a life with thousands of channels on tv endless internet fun and music at your fingertips there remains a boredom in some people’s lives that these things need to fill.  

It’s more than that.

Remember the Tea Party was started as a “grassroots” unconnected bunch that quickly connected and within 24 months was swallowed up by political pros who also expanded it.

QAnon is much more concerning.  It’s past a bunch of crazies.  It’s a bunch of crazies who have formed citizen militias like the one that was going to kidnap Gov Whitmer.  They have created a whole end times scenario.  

Put that together with political opportunists like the soon to be Congresswoman  from SC, possibly other members of a Congress of like minds, even local sheriffs in MI deciding what laws they should enforce or groups they can align.  Saw it in Kenosha with police “welcoming” militia.

Every time I see those “Blue Line” flags I’m thinking there are more than a few closet militia supporters hiding in plain sight willing to go to a “law and order” style of governance because they seek order at any cost.  Think Mussolini’s He makes the trains run on time” logic.

They are definitely growing and becoming a part of mainstream politics. It’s also becoming a BFD in the UK.

Our own militia problem is very concerning and I’m nervous about the days ahead. It’s probably going to take until December to declare a winner and with the division in our country and militias this could be like putting the match to the dynamite.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-10-26, 12:16

Here's a disturbing pice from the CBC about QAnon and Canadian churches

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/marc-andre-argentino-qanon-john-van-sloten-ambrose-1.5766756
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-01-22, 20:57

Qanon on the job....(not really)

https://t.co/VAro7BlKkN
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-22, 21:15

steveschneider wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

It’s more than that.

They are definitely growing and becoming a part of mainstream politics. It’s also becoming a BFD in the UK.

Our own militia problem is very concerning and I’m nervous about the days ahead. It’s probably going to take until December to declare a winner and with the division in our country and militias this could be like putting the match to the dynamite.

Yes, it is Steve, however it called this one correctly.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-01-22, 21:50

Traps that’s an interesting point that I wish the commission hadn’t ignored.

January 6th was fuckin obvious. I do not watch cable news basically ever. But that morning I turned it on while I worked because there was going to be some shit going down. None of it was a surprise if you were even slightly paying attention. The lack of preparation for something that was so obvious, and even acting surprised by it, is still baffling.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-01-23, 09:09

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Traps that’s an interesting point that I wish the commission hadn’t ignored.

January 6th was fuckin obvious. I do not watch cable news basically ever. But that morning I turned it on while I worked because there was going to be some shit going down. None of it was a surprise if you were even slightly paying attention. The lack of preparation for something that was so obvious, and even acting surprised by it, is still baffling.

I wish I would have posted it, but a few days before Jan 6, I was thinking that they people were going to storm the capitol to try to stop the proceedings. This was when there was all the talk of people descending on Washington, while also Trumpers trying to claim that if the electoral votes weren't done on Jan 6, then it wasnt Constitutional (since the Constitution mentuons Jan 6 specifically). Just the publicly available info seemed like this was likely, so I was always shocked that more preparations weren't taken.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-23, 09:26

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Traps that’s an interesting point that I wish the commission hadn’t ignored.

The evidence that the committee uncovered on the lack of law enforcement preparation was divided into a number of symbiotic actions.

A belief that white people wouldn't riot in law enforcement circles aka a belief in white privilege. This created an echo chamber in local law enforcement in which they didn't take the possibility of a riot seriously.

A lack of information on specific possibilities passed onto the Capital police. Part of this seems to have been the Secret Service deliberately not passing on information. The fact that much of their phone records (texts, meta data on who called who) was erased within a few weeks of the riot is troubling.

A deliberate effort by the executive branch to minimize protection for Congress in Washington that day for two reasons.
-- Trump and his minions in the administration wanted the riot
-- The military, especially the Chief of Staff, were concerned that once the military was in Washington that Trump would evoke the Insurrection Act and stage a military coup.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-01-23, 09:59

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I wish I would have posted it, but a few days before Jan 6, I was thinking that they people were going to storm the capitol to try to stop the proceedings.  This was when there was all the talk of people descending on Washington, while also Trumpers trying to claim that if the electoral votes weren't done on Jan 6, then it wasnt Constitutional (since the Constitution mentuons Jan 6 specifically).  Just the publicly available info seemed like this was likely, so I was always shocked that more preparations weren't taken.
my Saturday morning cycling buddy and I were talking the summer of 2020 about how the 'pro-life', "Blue Lives Matter" right was going to turn to violence if the election didn't turn out the way they, Russia and the mainstream media wanted.

We figured it would be a city-by-city thing.. I didn't think they would necessarily storm the Capitol or, if they did, I figured there would be security in place to beat them back pretty good. Clearly we were wrong.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-05-22, 21:02

My wife's ex husband has been messing their daughter today that congress has been given satellite phones and there is going to be an "event" soon. Won't say where he learned this (he's perma banned on FB and twitter)

Fucking psycho.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-05-22, 21:08

kingstonlake wrote:My wife's ex husband has been messing their daughter today that congress has been given satellite phones and there is going to be an "event" soon. Won't say where he learned this (he's perma banned on FB and twitter)

Fucking psycho.

The fact that Trump is not CIC makes any planned military action much more difficult.  They would have to take out both the Pres & the Veep before control would pass to the Speaker, and even then the CJCS wouldn't follow what he considered to be an unlawful order.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-05-22, 21:15

Trapper Gus wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:My wife's ex husband has been messing their daughter today that congress has been given satellite phones and there is going to be an "event" soon. Won't say where he learned this (he's perma banned on FB and twitter)

Fucking psycho.

The fact that Trump is not CIC makes any planned military action much more difficult.  They would have to take out both the Pres & the Veep before control would pass to the Speaker, and even then the CJCS wouldn't follow what he considered to be an unlawful order.

Or it is made up nonsense...or it has something to do with the stolen fertilizer...but it's made up nonsense, TG.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down