Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State Supreme Court has Spoken

+10
DWags
Floyd Robertson
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
tGreenWay
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
GRR Spartan
Green money
14 posters

Go down

State Supreme Court has Spoken Empty State Supreme Court has Spoken

Post by Green money Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 18:29

Just in the State Supreme Court strikes down Whitmers emergency powers.
Green money
Green money
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

State Supreme Court has Spoken Empty Re: State Supreme Court has Spoken

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 18:35

Welcome to Wisconsin. That state’s Supreme Court has roadblocked their governor’s Public Health based decisions. Wisconsin had 20 people die from COVID on October 1 and deaths are up 118% in the last 14 days.

Highest concentration of cases is in the NE quarter of the state that borders the Western UP whose counties are reporting the highest incidence of COVID cases in the UP.

Better to have a state Supreme Court ruling than the MI legislature overturn it.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 18:46; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 18:37

God damn her for saving thousands of lives.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 19:10

Hope the dumbfucks that will go hog wild over this die. Sorry, I am out of empathy for this stupid fucking country.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 19:11

America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 19:16

Ok, hope they die was a bit strong. I won't give a fuck if they die is better.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 19:23

"pro-life" people upset with a woman saving lives.

State Supreme Court has Spoken 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Green money Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 19:44

Robert J Sakimano wrote:"pro-life" people upset with a woman saving lives.

or taking away their freedom?
Green money
Green money
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 20:14

Green money wrote:

misogynists are gonna misogyny.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 20:22

Green money wrote:

Do you abide having to buckle up when in vehicles, having to register and insure those vehicles, and/or not driving drunk? How about not smoking in designated areas?
It’s part of living in a civilized society. Some things in the social contract will mean doing things you wouldn’t ordinarily do. Minor sacrifices. And wearing a mask in public when around other people is barely a blip on the “but my freedumbs” scale. Mostly, you’re protecting yourself, but it helps protect those around you, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 20:35

Green money wrote:

What up Goose?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 21:01

Huge win for insecure white men. Hope the next time there’s a pandemic we can all buy seeds and get a haircut.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 21:47

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Green money wrote:or taking away their freedom?

What up Goose?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 2 Oct 2020 - 22:44

tGreenWay wrote:
Green money wrote:or taking away their freedom?

Do you abide having to buckle up when in vehicles, having to register and insure those vehicles, and/or not driving drunk? How about not smoking in designated areas?
It’s part of living in a civilized society. Some things in the social contract will mean doing things you wouldn’t ordinarily do. Minor sacrifices. And wearing a mask in public when around other people is barely a blip on the “but my freedumbs” scale. Mostly, you’re protecting yourself, but it helps protect those around you, too.

That little painted line down the middle of the road TAKE MA FREEDUM¡!!¡!¡!!! BITCH!!!
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 3 Oct 2020 - 7:03

So, what does this mean, exactly? Restaurants, bars, gyms, whatever aren't going to have to enforce distancing and can operate at 100% capacity again? Fuck that noise.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 3 Oct 2020 - 7:22

Time to accept a good chunk of this country just wants to head towards herd immunity which will take a long time and a lot of people will die. Better hope a good vaccine comes along.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat 3 Oct 2020 - 8:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:So, what does this mean, exactly? Restaurants, bars, gyms, whatever aren't going to have to enforce distancing and can operate at 100% capacity again? Fuck that noise.

Executive orders still stand unless the legislature over turns them.

Look, I’m on her side, but I don’t think any of us want one person to be all powerful in our state with no checks on it. This was a wwii law she involved. Whose to say the next person doesn’t do the same thing but for nefarious reasons? I can see 90 or 120 days, but no limit? Even if you agree with every move she made, I just don’t think it’s a good thing.

She did save us from the idiots so I’m torn. I wish the case had dragged on for a year or so.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sat 3 Oct 2020 - 8:55

DWags wrote:

Look, I’m on her side, but I don’t think any of us want one person to be all powerful in our state with no checks on it. This was a wwii law she involved. Whose to say the next person doesn’t do the same thing but for nefarious reasons? I can see 90 or 120 days, but no limit? Even if you agree with every move she made, I just don’t think it’s a good thing.

She did save us from the idiots so I’m torn. I wish the case had dragged on for a year or so.

I believe the legislature is out until the election too. So they would have to stop begging for votes, go back to Lansing, come to some sort of consensus and she would have to sign it to overturn her orders.... also I suppose the DHHS has been mirroring her orders all along, so the legislature would have to take their authority away also. (Might be wrong about that)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Sat 3 Oct 2020 - 9:18

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
DWags wrote:

I believe the legislature is out until the election too. So they would have to stop begging for votes, go back to Lansing, come to some sort of consensus and she would have to sign it to overturn her orders.... also I suppose the DHHS has been mirroring her orders all along, so the legislature would have to take their authority away also. (Might be wrong about that)

It doesn't take effect for 21 days. I hope the anti-science party is happy.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sat 3 Oct 2020 - 12:01

It's pretty funny that the GOP is so upset with how well Gov. Whitmer led to the flattening of the curve that they need people to get sick and die in order to have something to campaign on in 2022.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 4 Oct 2020 - 18:26

So Ingham and Oakland counties issued mask orders today. Good for them.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Watch Out Pylon! and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 10:26

What a bunch of fucking dipshits that live in this country. Politics over common sense. Is it now herd immunity or bust? Is that the official Right Party stance going forward? Is anyone in the cult still allowed to wear masks or are they immediately booted from the club?

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/michigan-attorney-says-burn-your-masks-and-forget-covid-emergency-orders-after-state-supreme-court-decision

Herny said that's not true. She said it means we could ignore all mask mandates, social distancing, and more, effective on Friday at 4:35 p.m.

"That means burn your masks right now if you didn't already. Open your gym, and movie theatre and open whatever business you have. Go on and frequent whatever business you would like to go to, if you have a church that's limited your services because of how you're reading the EOs, forget that. All of those executive orders, based on COVID-19 circumstances, from 2020, they're out, they're gone, they're done," Henry said.

Additionally, Henry said there's nothing in place regarding any of the executive orders from Whitmer and that the governor's office has not yet filed for a rehearing. She also said the governor can't appeal the ruling to a higher court because the only court higher than the state Supreme Court is the U.S. Supreme Court, which does not have jurisdiction over state law or state constitution.

"Our United States Supreme Court doesn't have jurisdiction to hear those kinds of cases. They can only answer issues about if our state law or our state constitution violated the federal law or federal constitution. So the highest court in the land that can answer these questions, has spoken. The decision has been rendered. It's there as of Friday at 4:35. So she can try and whine and complain all she wants, she's not going to get anywhere," Henry said.

This weekend, Oakland County issued an order that residents wear a mask in all public places. Henry vowed that she would be one of the first attorneys lining up to stop that as well.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 10:30

Rant for a second - this pisses me off, because I feel like we've finally established a new normal, and it's pretty fine. It's not perfect, but it's fine given the circumstances. We know there will be a few odd Karens, there will be some young people who are idiots, but the rest of us functional adults can go about our daily business, wearing masks, staying away from strangers. We're trying to get our kids back into schools.

And then this shit. Burn your masks. Open everything to full capacity. This is how we roll!! This is our Party of Freedom! Fall in line!
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 10:33

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Rant for a second - this pisses me off, because I feel like we've finally established a new normal, and it's pretty fine. It's not perfect, but it's fine given the circumstances. We know there will be a few odd Karens, there will be some young people who are idiots, but the rest of us functional adults can go about our daily business, wearing masks, staying away from strangers. We're trying to get our kids back into schools.

And then this shit. Burn your masks. Open everything to full capacity. This is how we roll!! This is our Party of Freedom! Fall in line!
They will also argue that they aren't forcing you not to wear a mask, and that you can continue to wear one, but they don't want to be forced to wear one, because it is their right to get the disease and kill other people.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 10:34

Because of the weather last week I took a risk and went to the gym three times (gasp) for the first time since they reopened. I was impressed. The social distancing and mask enforcement at the gym was 10x better than any grocery store I've been in over the last three months. If the gym decides to back to 100% capacity, good for them, but they can go fuck themselves. I'm hoping my county or community gets on board with issuing local guidelines, but I'm not hopeful because I live in Trumpville.

It was funny to see yesterday all of the oppressed people in my neighborhood on NextDoor proclaim how much freer they feel now.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 10:41

I mean it's fine, I totally understand that there are laws and rules, and the Governor needs the legislatures approve to move forward with Emergency declarations. That's fine. Checks and balances and all of that. What pisses me THE FUCK off is that all of that apparently means in today's hyper-polarized climate that if you're officially a club/cult member it's now time to BURN YOUR MASKS. Fuck you, I want my kids to go to school you fucking piece of shit.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 11:05

InTenSity wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Rant for a second - this pisses me off, because I feel like we've finally established a new normal, and it's pretty fine. It's not perfect, but it's fine given the circumstances. We know there will be a few odd Karens, there will be some young people who are idiots, but the rest of us functional adults can go about our daily business, wearing masks, staying away from strangers. We're trying to get our kids back into schools.

They will also argue that they aren't forcing you not to wear a mask, and that you can continue to wear one, but they don't want to be forced to wear one, because it is their right to get the disease and kill other people.

Seems like everyone I see without a mask is angry, none of them smile. The just scowl and dare you to say something.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 12:23

Maybe, just maybe the GOP voters put their words into action, get The RONA and enough of the 50 and over MAGA voters die off to make their party as insignificant in MI as the overzealous GOP saw happen in CA.

There they pounced on rolling brownouts as a reason to recall sitting Gov Gray Davis. It was started by Ted Costa who mistakenly thought he could be the next governor. As soon as it was apparent Gray Davis was going to be recalled the GOP enlisted Schwarzenegger who beat out lesser known GOP hopefuls and was a two term governor.

Later it was learned the brownouts were often orchestrated by Enron Energy to maximize profits and possibly weaken the sitting CA governor.

Fallout 15 years later has been the CA GOP can't get credible candidates to run for statewide office.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 19:50

GRR Spartan wrote:Maybe, just maybe the GOP voters put their words into action, get The RONA and enough of the 50 and over MAGA voters die off to make their party as insignificant in MI as the overzealous GOP saw happen in CA.

There they pounced on rolling brownouts as a reason to recall sitting Gov Gray Davis. It was started by Ted Costa who mistakenly thought he could be the next governor. As soon as it was apparent Gray Davis was going to be recalled the GOP enlisted Schwarzenegger who beat out lesser known GOP hopefuls and was a two term governor.

Later it was learned the brownouts were often orchestrated by Enron Energy to maximize profits and possibly weaken the sitting CA governor.

Fallout 15 years later has been the CA GOP can't get credible candidates to run for statewide office.
To be fair, not sure migop currently has any credible candidates for state wide office. That dipshit Gretch ran against was a tool x10. Devos? Saw through that evil... Snyder sounded relatively sane until he went and poisoned a generation of kids... And he was the best of the bunch.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon 5 Oct 2020 - 22:19

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:So, what does this mean, exactly? Restaurants, bars, gyms, whatever aren't going to have to enforce distancing and can operate at 100% capacity again? Fuck that noise.

Look, I’m on her side, but I don’t think any of us want one person to be all powerful in our state with no checks on it. This was a wwii law she involved. Whose to say the next person doesn’t do the same thing but for nefarious reasons?  I can see 90 or 120 days, but no limit?  Even if you agree with every move she made, I just don’t think it’s a good thing.

She did save us from the idiots so I’m torn.   I wish the case had dragged on for a year or so.

This. 100% this.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down