Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRUMP!!!! (MSM Failure) Finland Joins NATO! Wisconsin Election to Determine Balance on State Supreme Court?

+4
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
Robert J Sakimano
Trapper Gus
8 posters

Go down

TRUMP!!!!  (MSM Failure) Finland Joins NATO!  Wisconsin Election to Determine Balance on State Supreme Court? Empty TRUMP!!!! (MSM Failure) Finland Joins NATO! Wisconsin Election to Determine Balance on State Supreme Court?

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-04, 08:40

Here are news stories which are of more consequence that the shiny object our way too dumb MSM are focused on.

BRUSSELS (AP) — Finland is poised to join NATO on Tuesday, a historic realignment triggered by Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, but the head of the military alliance said no more troops would be sent to the Nordic country unless it asked for help.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65173043

https://apnews.com/article/nato-finland-russia-ukraine-membership-enlargement-c703d23a8423d89577d5b752d69d76eb?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_03

MADISON, Wis. (AP) — The fate of abortion access in battleground Wisconsin likely rests with Tuesday’s outcome of the heated race for state Supreme Court, with the future of Republican-drawn legislative maps, voting rights and years of other Republican policies also hanging in the balance.

https://apnews.com/article/wisconsin-supreme-court-election-abortion-0d188b5c6f841546f98436c1ab8180fa

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64639408

https://www.vox.com/politics/23653403/wisconsin-supreme-court-election

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee Republican lawmakers took the first steps Monday to expel three Democratic members from the GOP-dominant House for their role in a recent gun control protest at the state Capitol.

The extraordinarily rare move resulted in a chaotic and fiery confrontation between lawmakers and supporters opposing the move and has further fractured an already deep political division inside the Tennessee Legislature.

Resolutions have been filed against Reps. Gloria Johnson, Justin Jones and Justin Pearson after they led chants from the House floor with supporters in the gallery last Thursday. The resolution declared that the three had participated in “disorderly behavior” and “did knowingly and intentionally bring disorder and dishonor to the House of Representatives.”

https://apnews.com/article/tennessee-expulsion-gop-lawmakers-1c4793ba0552c07aa0dc3949c5f76ea9?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_04

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2023-04-04, 11:51; edited 3 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

TRUMP!!!!  (MSM Failure) Finland Joins NATO!  Wisconsin Election to Determine Balance on State Supreme Court? Empty Re: TRUMP!!!! (MSM Failure) Finland Joins NATO! Wisconsin Election to Determine Balance on State Supreme Court?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-04-04, 10:15

yep - you can always count on the mainstream media for amplifying the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator while providing cover for actual issues facing Americans.

it's why the fine folks in place like Mio are so committed to their cable news. Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

TRUMP!!!!  (MSM Failure) Finland Joins NATO!  Wisconsin Election to Determine Balance on State Supreme Court? Empty Re: TRUMP!!!! (MSM Failure) Finland Joins NATO! Wisconsin Election to Determine Balance on State Supreme Court?

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-04, 10:25

Well tNYT did manage to include some other news on its front page, so there is that, though their editorial decision to ignore the addition to NATO, a pivotal election in Wisconsin (fly over country I guess) or one party's attempt to delegitimize the other party formally, (more fly over country) suggests a lack of focus on their part. They could have taken the picture out and included at least Finland.

tNYT front page, April 4th 2023

TRUMP!!!!  (MSM Failure) Finland Joins NATO!  Wisconsin Election to Determine Balance on State Supreme Court? Scree129

edit - OTOH

[tw]1642979400479121411[/tw]

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2023-04-04, 11:36; edited 3 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-04-04, 10:26

In fairness I think a majority of us have been saying for years he needs to be indicted for his crimes. We can’t now whine about it when it’s being covered.

I mean it’s kind of a big deal. Rarified air.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-04-04, 11:26

Rome is burning and the MSM is looking for more sheet music for the string section.

In other news, CBS on air veteran Lesley Stahl looked impressive in her tryout for pitcher on the 60 Minutes office slow pitch team during her interview with Majorie Taylor Greene.

PS
The only news I need to get regarding Donald J Trump is that of his demise.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-04-04, 16:24

kingstonlake wrote:In fairness I think a majority of us have been saying for years he needs to be indicted for his crimes. We can’t now whine about it when it’s being covered.

I’m waiting for the Feds and Georgia indictments. Those will be beautiful days.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-04-04, 17:05

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:In fairness I think a majority of us have been saying for years he needs to be indicted for his crimes. We can’t now whine about it when it’s being covered.

I’m waiting for the Feds and Georgia indictments. Those will be beautiful days.
Georgia will happen. Feds still have shitty politicians to scrub the process. Waiting on him losing the sexual harassment one and have to pay that lady millions. All the donates $ will go to a good cause they can't cancel. Lol.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-04-04, 20:23

You missed Dethsentence having Nikki Fried the head of the FL Democratic party and Senate minority leader Lauren Book were arrested for protesting the 6 week abortion ban.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-04-04, 23:46

So, the WI left wing Supreme Court candidate crushed her opposition, so that's good. But unfortunately in the special state Senator election that will give the Republicans a super majority currently showing the republican ahead by 500 votes with 94 % of the vote in. The WI Republicans make michigan look sane so say hello to impeachment just to get rid of democrats and subvert the will of the voters. The WI state Republicans just don't give a fuck. So we're probably losing wisconsin further. They will be purple for senate and presidential elections, but Republicans will lock down everything else... unless Supreme Court can turn that shit show around, but can't they just impeach her too? If they can, they will. They are bloodthirsty and as I said, DGAF. Seriously fuck gerrymandering. That is the most anti american thing and it is the most important battle of every Democrat alive right now in every state. Glad michigan got rid of it. If this battle wasn't so fucking hopeless in a lot of areas, I would say Democrat led states should do away with it but they seriously can't until a lot of other states shake it off. So depressing.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-05, 07:58

InTenSity wrote:You missed Dethsentence having Nikki Fried the head of the FL Democratic party and Senate minority leader Lauren Book were arrested for protesting the 6 week abortion ban.

Good point.

Florida news reaches another level and apparently few of the Florida people care.

In other Florida news the Govenor was dissed big time by the CEO of "The Mouse"
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-04-05, 08:48

sεяεηιτλ wrote: Seriously fuck gerrymandering
If she can help fix that... look no further then MI to see what happens.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-04-05, 09:13

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote: Seriously fuck gerrymandering

But these wisconsin Republicans see it as their mandate to push their own views even though they achieved the supermajority through corrupt means. They will say the voters voted for them and approve of what they are doing and what they will be doing is getting rid of anybody that doesn't align with them. They are bad. Wisconsin will be riotous
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-05, 09:18

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

But these wisconsin Republicans see it as their mandate to push their own views even though they achieved the supermajority through corrupt means.  They will say the voters voted for them and approve of what they are doing and what they will be doing is getting rid of anybody that doesn't align with them.  They are bad. Wisconsin will be riotous

I have been wondering this AM if the Republicans have the balls to impeach her, but thinking about it they are self-entitled pricks who live in their own bubble chamber and are owned by authoritarian billionaires who don't respect democracy, so my guess is that they will, though I hope I am wrong.  Maybe public protests will halt this.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-05, 09:28

A North Carolina Democratic lawmaker is expected to flip her party affiliation, multiple Republicans with knowledge of the discussions tell Axios.

The move would cement Republicans' toe-hold in a fast-changing swing state, handing them a veto-proof majority in the middle of the legislative session and a clear runway to enact their agenda despite opposition from Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper.

Driving the news: Republicans, who are currently just one seat short of a supermajority in the legislature, have been hoping that state Rep. Tricia Cotham, a Democrat from Charlotte, might switch parties at some point this session, but the prospect began to seem more realistic last week, a Republican House member said.

Cotham is expected to announce her decision Wednesday. House Republicans announced a 9am press conference Tuesday for a "major announcement."

https://www.axios.com/local/raleigh/2023/04/04/nc-democrat-flip-republican-legislative-supermajority

This always seems to me to be the height of egotism by the elected officials when they do this.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-04-05, 10:03

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

But these wisconsin Republicans see it as their mandate to push their own views even though they achieved the supermajority through corrupt means. They will say the voters voted for them and approve of what they are doing and what they will be doing is getting rid of anybody that doesn't align with them. They are bad. Wisconsin will be riotous
Well, it wasn't that much different in MI the last 10 years. They would just try to strong arm everything. Hell, Snyder actually stopped a number of their more stupid knee jerk bills when he was in office. And I don't even think the news reports on half the dumb shit they passed knowing Whitmer wouldn't play... Don't give MI (term limited) Rs any credit for being pragmatic.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-04-05, 13:56

Trapper Gus wrote:
A North Carolina Democratic lawmaker is expected to flip her party affiliation, multiple Republicans with knowledge of the discussions tell Axios.

The move would cement Republicans' toe-hold in a fast-changing swing state, handing them a veto-proof majority in the middle of the legislative session and a clear runway to enact their agenda despite opposition from Democratic Gov. Roy Cooper.

Driving the news: Republicans, who are currently just one seat short of a supermajority in the legislature, have been hoping that state Rep. Tricia Cotham, a Democrat from Charlotte, might switch parties at some point this session, but the prospect began to seem more realistic last week, a Republican House member said.

Cotham is expected to announce her decision Wednesday. House Republicans announced a 9am press conference Tuesday for a "major announcement."

https://www.axios.com/local/raleigh/2023/04/04/nc-democrat-flip-republican-legislative-supermajority

This always seems to me to be the height of egotism by the elected officials when they do this.

I was thinking the same thing. Unless she is in a R district that voted D as a specific backlash and seems to be moving back to R, it might just be something tonsave her own skin. Maybe she's a mole, I dunno. Trying to rationalize but it's hard.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-04-05, 14:00

Trapper Gus wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

I have been wondering this AM if the Republicans have the balls to impeach her, but thinking about it they are self-entitled pricks who live in their own bubble chamber and are owned by authoritarian billionaires who don't respect democracy, so my guess is that they will, though I hope I am wrong. Maybe public protests will halt this.
If they do it, they will elicit crazy backlash but backlash can only go on for so long. Especially state level issues. Republicans, especially in WI, have proven they just don't care. The abortion issue nationally produced mid term backlash but I was honestly surprised how little there was overall. Putting my tin foil hat on now, I believe the SCOTUS leak was intentional for this very reason, gage the response and also if it's high, burn people out. Instead of having a concentrates effort at a specific time, they spread it out over a much longer period of time and reduced the point backlash after the decision was actually made. Everyone knew what it was and that it was comming so they took the wind out of the sails. Seems to have worked. That decision deserved much more + longer intense backlash.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-05, 14:07

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I have been wondering this AM if the Republicans have the balls to impeach her, but thinking about it they are self-entitled pricks who live in their own bubble chamber and are owned by authoritarian billionaires who don't respect democracy, so my guess is that they will, though I hope I am wrong. Maybe public protests will halt this.
If they do it, they will elicit crazy backlash but backlash can only go on for so long. Especially state level issues. Republicans, especially in WI, have proven they just don't care. The abortion issue nationally produced mid term backlash but I was honestly surprised how little there was overall. Putting my tin foil hat on now, I believe the SCOTUS leak was intentional for this very reason, gage the response and also if it's high, burn people out. Instead of having a concentrates effort at a specific time, they spread it out over a much longer period of time and reduced the point backlash after the decision was actually made. Everyone knew what it was and that it was comming so they took the wind out of the sails. Seems to have worked. That decision deserved much more + longer intense backlash.

There are analysis that say that for the Democratic Party to gain a majority in Winsonsin it would need to be an old-fashioned landslide, like 60+ to 40-, which is unlikely.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-04-05, 14:11

Trapper Gus wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

There are analysis that say that for the Democratic Party to gain a majority in Winsonsin it would need to be an old-fashioned landslide, like 60+ to 40-, which is unlikely.

It's so absurd. Nothing gets me worked up quite like gerrymandering abuses and how it is used to rationalize decisions and nullify votes. Crazy how against "traditional" American ideals the concept is.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-04-05, 14:18

Gotta believe there’s at least one state Senator that knows his chances of re-election are DOA if he votes to impeach. But I also believe he can be bought.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-05, 14:33

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

It's so absurd. Nothing gets me worked up quite like gerrymandering abuses and how it is used to rationalize decisions and nullify votes. Crazy how against "traditional" American ideals the concept is.

It certainly seems like it goes against the lack of representation in parliament which was one of the complaints leading to the revolution.

IMO the single most egregious failure of the 117th Congress was the failure to pass a national voting rights act, including a uniform districting model. For this may those two Senators burn in hell.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2023-04-05, 21:04

kingstonlake wrote:Gotta believe there’s at least one state Senator that knows his chances of re-election are DOA if he votes to impeach. But I also believe he can be bought.

I'm not so sure. If gerrymandering is killed, he and many others likely lose reelection too. Which is more likely? Gerrymandering dying seems much more like a surefire loss for him/her than people getting worked up about a state election issue and voting him out for it. Unless we have another blue wave to keep Trump out and it spills over into even gerrymandered districts.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-04-06, 09:29

Looks like tNYT woke up this morning

TRUMP!!!!  (MSM Failure) Finland Joins NATO!  Wisconsin Election to Determine Balance on State Supreme Court? Scree132
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down