Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread

+19
Travis of the Cosmos
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Nordic
Frank Ricard
Cameron
DWags
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
gomersbro
WhiteBoyHatcher
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
23 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread Empty tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-09, 16:18

With so many different ways that people are voting this year instead of just showing up to the polls on election day, let's hear your stories. Have you voted? How did you vote (not for who)? Anything notable?

I hand-delivered my completed mail-in ballot to the county elections main office today. Pretty smooth process. The worker checked my ID against the envelope that came with my ballot, and then the guy put my envelope in the drop box.

Interesting tidbit: The Miami-Dade County elections office is about a half mile down the street from the Trump Doral resort. In fact, as I approached the intersection, if I were to turn RIGHT, it would take me to the main entrance of the Trump resort, but I instead, I had to TURN LEFT to go to the elections office to cast my vote. True story.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread Empty Re: tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-09, 16:25

My ballot came 3 days after my wife and kid's showed up, which was a little weird... I dropped all 3 in the city clerk's office in the little wire basket on some desk where the lady pointed. (No checking shit in Michigan, apparently. They say they verify against the registration card...?)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-09, 17:07

I voted like a week ago.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-09, 17:49

I am voting in person on 11/3. I didn’t get offered a sticker in 2016 or the 2018 midterms. I want my damn sticker this time.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-10-09, 18:15

Dropped my ballot off to the township clerk in person and she checked my signature to Mark it accepted.

There are some scared Republicans based on the amount of negative campaign mailers I’m getting from Fred Upton, John James and my state rep about their Democratic opponents.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-09, 18:17

I dropped my ballot off on the morning of 10/5. Checked on it yesterday online and it's been noted as received. I didn't get a sticker to wear.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-10-09, 19:44

MiamiSpartan wrote:With so many different ways that people are voting this year instead of just showing up to the polls on election day, let's hear your stories. Have you voted? How did you vote (not for who)? Anything notable?

I hand-delivered my completed mail-in ballot to the county elections main office today. Pretty smooth process. The worker checked my ID against the envelope that came with my ballot, and then the guy put my envelope in the drop box.

Interesting tidbit: The Miami-Dade County elections office is about a half mile down the street from the Trump Doral resort. In fact, as I approached the intersection, if I were to turn RIGHT, it would take me to the main entrance of the Trump resort, but I instead, I had to TURN LEFT to go to the elections office to cast my vote. True story.
Wish I would've known that before playing at Doral today. My ballot will be turned in within a week. First time voting straight Democrat.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-09, 20:57

InTenSity wrote: First time voting straight Democrat.
I never strait party cause I vote US Taxpayer party or Libertarian or some other whacky shit for UM board of regents.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-09, 21:14

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
InTenSity wrote: First time voting straight Democrat.
I never strait party cause I vote US Taxpayer party or Libertarian or some other whacky shit for UM board of regents.

I always vote green party on that lol.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-09, 21:23

Yeah, when I lived in Michigan, I would vote for the candidates that seemed most anti-athletics.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-09, 21:47

Was gonna vote in person 'cause it makes me feel like a better citizen. I also always enjoy running into people from the neighborhood at the precinct.

Turns out I completed my ballot (fuck straight ticket Dem. I filled in every single Dem bubble) and walked it over to the East Lansing City Hall this afternoon.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-09, 22:57

You all should have written in DJT for UM BOR.

I actually went straight ticket because I can't even imagine tacitly supporting anyone whose party has revealed themselves to be nothing more than Trump bootlickers when it's beyond obvious who this guy is and what he's about. So I'm not even going to throw a vote away for green party for BOR like I normally would. Fuck that entire party until they grow a spine.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-09, 23:16

I actually wrote in someone because nobody was running against my state rep.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

WhiteBoyHatcher likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2020-10-10, 00:00

Rocinante wrote:I actually wrote in someone because nobody was running against my state rep.

Did you vote for Liz?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2020-10-10, 05:57

Good thread Miami. I sent my ballot in last week. Hopefully it makes it to Michigan from across the pond. Unfortunately I am only able to vote for the Presidental race, hopefully Peters doesn't need my vote.

AvgMSUJoe wrote:(No checking shit in Michigan, apparently. They say they verify against the registration card...?)

Are you sure? My township clerk (well his assistant because he is a lazy POS) sent me to www.michigan.gov/vote where I can click on "Are you Registered?". I punched in my information and it says it isn't there yet (I didn't expect the Post to be so quick). When they recieve my ballot the clerk say it will show up on the website as recieved. Maybe yours works the same tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread 2599972566
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2020-10-10, 07:38

I just did the search thing for absentee status and there is a "received date"... So I suppose it's officially there?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-10, 07:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You all should have written in DJT for UM BOR.

I actually went straight ticket because I can't even imagine tacitly supporting anyone whose party has revealed themselves to be nothing more than Trump bootlickers when it's beyond obvious who this guy is and what he's about. So I'm not even going to throw a vote away for green party for BOR like I normally would. Fuck that entire party until they grow a spine.
oh, I voted for all Democrats. I just filled in each bubble 'cause what the heck else am I gonna do with my time?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2020-10-10, 10:04

Doing it on election day. Not trusting that there won't be any tomfuckery with mail in ballots.

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on 2020-10-10, 11:30; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-10, 11:22

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:With so many different ways that people are voting this year instead of just showing up to the polls on election day, let's hear your stories. Have you voted? How did you vote (not for who)? Anything notable?

Wish I would've known that before playing at Doral today. My ballot will be turned in within a week. First time voting straight Democrat.

I went at about 10am. There was a steady stream of people, but not enough to create a line. But they have it prepared for big crowds with people directing parking, an overflow lot, stickers on the ground for spacing when standing in line, etc. So there might be some times where it gets backed up.

Oh, and they did give me an "I Voted" sticker. Feel bad for Floyd, Turtleneck, and others that didn't get the sticker.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-10-10, 11:44

I didn't get a sticker at my drop box.

I wanted to vote in person but the more reading I did I was convinced that my ballot would be received and counted on time if I put it in in advance absentee. I am on the auto absentee list and there is an entire process you have to go through to "spoil" your ballot if you decide to vote in person and you already have an absentee ballot. They're supposed to be able to do it at the polling precinct but I was told that's a crapshoot. You can also go to the clerk's office ahead of time to do it, but that also was going to be difficult to pull off because of schedules. And actually so was in person voting. So yeah, I already voted.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-10, 17:14

Turtleneck wrote:
Rocinante wrote:I actually wrote in someone because nobody was running against my state rep.

Did you vote for Liz?

What do you think?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-10-15, 08:16

Dropped off my ballot yesterday. Voted straight ticket Democratic Party.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-10-22, 08:42

Dropped my ballot off at a drop box. I didn't go to Doral though, just stayed in Miami Lakes. Got my voting stickers. Pretty quick and easy. I didn't realize they will check ID and make sure everything is good. So now I don't have to worry about my signature not matching the ballot, since they verified it was me. First time voting straight Dem on the ticket.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-22, 08:59

InTenSity wrote:Dropped my ballot off at a drop box. I didn't go to Doral though, just stayed in Miami Lakes. Got my voting stickers. Pretty quick and easy. I didn't realize they will check ID and make sure everything is good. So now I don't have to worry about my signature not matching the ballot, since they verified it was me. First time voting straight Dem on the ticket.

Saw a story where a Miami cop walks in with a Trump mask on in full uniform fully armed.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-22, 09:24

InTenSity wrote:Dropped my ballot off at a drop box. I didn't go to Doral though, just stayed in Miami Lakes. Got my voting stickers. Pretty quick and easy. I didn't realize they will check ID and make sure everything is good. So now I don't have to worry about my signature not matching the ballot, since they verified it was me. First time voting straight Dem on the ticket.

Were there many people lined up for early voting? They show all these big lines everywhere on the first day, but I wonder if that settles down.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-10-22, 11:12

MiamiSpartan wrote:

Were there many people lined up for early voting? They show all these big lines everywhere on the first day, but I wonder if that settles down.
There was no line outside, but as you know we just got 10-12 inches of rain in the last 2 days. So I'm sure that kept some people away. Dropping off the mail in ballot was easy and there was no line, I just drove up, parked next to the ballot box because I had my wife's ballot as well and they needed to verify. Overall, maybe took 5 minutes.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-10-22, 11:18

DWags wrote:

Saw a story where a Miami cop walks in with a Trump mask on in full uniform fully armed.
I haven't seen that story, which is weird because we have local news on all the time and I'm pretty sure that would be a lead story. Maybe I just missed it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-22, 11:48

InTenSity wrote:
DWags wrote:

I haven't seen that story, which is weird because we have local news on all the time and I'm pretty sure that would be a lead story. Maybe I just missed it.

I saw it on CNN, I think. Don't remember if I saw it on local news or not. City of Miami police officer showed up to vote wearing a "Trump 2020, No more bullshit" mask. It is illegal for police officers to sport political stuff while wearing their uniform. Also, isn't it not allowed for anyone to wear any candidate clothing within 50 or 100 feet of a polling place?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-10-22, 11:57

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I saw it on CNN, I think. Don't remember if I saw it on local news or not. City of Miami police officer showed up to vote wearing a "Trump 2020, No more bullshit" mask. It is illegal for police officers to sport political stuff while wearing their uniform. Also, isn't it not allowed for anyone to wear any candidate clothing within 50 or 100 feet of a polling place?
the lack of self-awareness of a mask celebrating their christian hero with "no more bullshit" emblazoned across it is, perhaps, the greatest example of how fucking stupid America is. tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread 502811600 tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-10-22, 12:12

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I saw it on CNN, I think.  Don't remember if I saw it on local news or not.  City of Miami police officer showed up to vote wearing a "Trump 2020, No more bullshit" mask.  It is illegal for police officers to sport political stuff while wearing their uniform.  Also, isn't it not allowed for anyone to wear any candidate clothing within 50 or 100 feet of a polling place?  
the lack of self-awareness of a mask celebrating their christian hero with "no more bullshit" emblazoned across it is, perhaps, the greatest example of how fucking stupid America is. tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread 502811600 tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread 502811600
Go pat yourself on the back for some more incorrect predictions, nostradumbass.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-10-22, 13:46

MiamiSpartan wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Yes. It’s electioneering.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-22, 14:38

InTenSity wrote:
DWags wrote:

Cop wearing Trump mask in to vote in full uniform
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-10-22, 15:16

DWags wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Cop wearing Trump mask in to vote in full uniform
Just saw it now on another website. Miaminewtimes.com and of course the police union is arguing he has a right to 1st amendment. Of course he does, when he isn't on duty in a polling place. Whatever, nothing will be done, although he should get a desk job.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-10-22, 19:39

InTenSity wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

There was no line outside, but as you know we just got 10-12 inches of rain in the last 2 days. So I'm sure that kept some people away. Dropping off the mail in ballot was easy and there was no line, I just drove up, parked next to the ballot box because I had my wife's ballot as well and they needed to verify. Overall, maybe took 5 minutes.

That's what I did too. Wife came with me and I had her get out of the car and put her ballot in the box just so that there was no question as to whether or not she delivered her own ballot.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2020-10-23, 08:45

GRR Spartan wrote:Dropped my ballot off to the township clerk in person and she checked my signature to Mark it accepted.

There are some scared Republicans based on the amount of negative campaign mailers I’m getting from Fred Upton, John James and my state rep about their Democratic opponents.

I went in to the township office to check my signature before I dropped off my ballot. Got my ballot on a Fri, got online to check on the 'non-partison' candidates over the weekend, filled it out, and dropped it in the box that Monday.

I've never felt so right about a vote as this one.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-10-23, 10:29

Wife and kids dropped off their ballots. I'm going face to face brother. My neck of the woods is where Kid Rock and the hillbillies have Trumps kid come and make speeches about how dumb college educated people are and how Biden has an eraser to use on the second amendment on January 22nd 2021. In my local township home page on facebook nobody could figure out what the crime was that the militia had committed against Whitmer and if they did what the government is lying about, she deserved it anyway. So, it's gonna be fun walking by people carrying guns outside the polling place. I'll say, "you guys carrying that shit, make me want to vote Biden even more". Fuck those fucks.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-10-23, 10:41

My ballot has been counted according to the Miami-Dade County Elections Department. tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread 55953254

More than 50 million people have already voted. 35m mail in, and 15m in person. That's 37% of the 2016 turnout already. Texas has had a whopping 71% of their 2016 turnout vote already. Different states report things differently, but here's a good resource on the information that is available around the country:

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-10-23, 11:07

This is an interesting thread from Politico on early voting.

[tw]1319569961048821762[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-23, 11:39

I'm voting in person on election day. Could do mail-in or vote early, but it is the oldest first election so I wanted to all go together on election day.

I'll be wearing my Spartan mask. I hope I don't offend anyone.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2020-10-23, 11:42

MiamiSpartan wrote:My ballot has been counted according to the Miami-Dade County Elections Department. tOfficial "I Voted" 2020 Thread 55953254

More than 50 million people have already voted. 35m mail in, and 15m in person. That's 37% of the 2016 turnout already. Texas has had a whopping 71% of their 2016 turnout vote already. Different states report things differently, but here's a good resource on the information that is available around the country:

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/index.html

I assume they are only allowed to report turnout and not results? I clicked on the link and couldn't tell in a quick scan.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next